Sequel: Holding My Heart
Status: COMPLETE!!!!!

Deadly Kiss

3 Now That Is An Offer

*************************
Ann’s POV

“Dude did you see me fucking nail that vampire? He was in the air and everything. It was like POW! And a fucking punched and I nailed him when he didn’t see it. Ann? ANN!”

The random flashes of colors stopped in front of me and I was met with a hand. It waved in front of my face and I smacked it away, “What Klene?”

“Did you hear me?”

“No, I wasn’t planning on listening to you.”

Kaylene shot me a glare, “What the hell is up with you?”

“Nothing” I got up and shoved my chair under the table, “I’m going to go to bed.”

She rolled her eyes, “Bull shit! Something happened.”

“I just need some sleep.”

She got out of her chair and blocked my only way out, “What the hell happened?”

I glared, “Nothing! Just go home. I’ll see you at school.”

She huffed and mumbled bitch under her breath. She moved out of my way and I walked past her. I heard on last sentence from her that night, “You seriously need to tell us what is going on.”

I sighed and yelled back, “I will.”

I lay in bed for hours, just watching the sunrise. I wasn’t tired. I was stressed. I didn’t understand Brendon’s behavior. He just let me go, no resistance at all. How did William know Pete was there? We had it all planed.

I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I groaned; I was going to be tired today. Did I even finish my homework? I didn’t know. I figured I should take the day off. So I was going to.

“You should go to school.”

“And you should stay out of my head Pete.”

I looked over at him and he was leaning against my closet, the darkest part of my room. His arms were folded and legs were crossed. He tilted his head, “Stop checking me out. I’m too old for you.”

I gave him the finger and looked away from him.

“EW! Then I would be a pedophile. No thanks.”

I giggled and looked back at him, “What do you want?”

“William dead.”

I smirked, “He is dead.”

Pete glared, “You know what I mean.”

“Why are you here?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. Checking to see if you’re ok.”

“I’m fine. Thanks Dad.”

He smirked at me, “I am you’re father and you’re grounded for not going to school.”

I huffed, “If anyone is my dad, it’s Patrick.”

Pete’s hazel pools narrowed, “Are you saying I can’t be a father?”

“Yeah, Pretty much.”

He pointed to me, “I’ll show you one of these days.”

***********Brendon’s POV

I punched the wall and mumbled a curse. Leaned my head against it and sighed softly. I was never going to have her if I was this slow at things. I should have held onto her.

“You want her trust Brendon.”

I looked up, “Sir?”

He was smiling as he walked over to me, “Relax Brendon. You’ll get her. You have time and plenty of it. So wait for her trust. That’s when you take her and when you can have her.”

I looked away from him. Could I wait that long? I’d have to. I needed to. I nodded and turned from William, “Good night.”

“Get some rest Bren. I need you strong.”

“Yes sir.”

****************************
Ann’s POV

“Alright this camera is set.”

I spoke to the little “walkie talkie.” Why do they call it that? I mean i understand the walking and talking but seriously? I sighed and looked over at the building across from me. I brought the talkie back to my lips, “Jodi, how you doing over there?”

“I swear this thing is going to be in pieces one I’m through with it.”

I laughed and I could hear on the radio, Patrick’s voice, “Damage one piece and you’re paying for it.”

I continued to laugh and grabbed my equipment. We were setting up cameras to capture the vampire’s “Natural living habits.” At least that’s what Patrick calls it. Says its good for information about vampires. I thought it was pointless. And it is.

Poor Pete was stuck inside waiting for us to finish. I felt bad for him. He never got to come out in the sun anymore. I sighed and heading back down into the building. Only four more to go.

I hated it when the sun went down. I had to deal with vampires. Now don’t get me wrong. I love Pete like a brother, but the other vampires just piss me off. I groaned at the thought of Brendon coming tonight.

Once I came down I was met with Jodi and Kaylene. Kaylene spoke softly, “So? Are we going tonight?”

“To what?” I honestly didn’t remember what we planned.

Kaylene just stared at me, “Duh! Josh’s party to night.”

“Oh, I’m not sure I feel like it.”

I lied and looked at Jodi, “Well, I’m going.”

“Kay,” I spoke mature, “No getting to hammered ok?”

“You know we never do.” Kaylene had flashed me a smile.

“Well, you guys have fun.”

I gave them hugs and walked off. I headed home and went to the guy’s place first. I dumped off my junk that Patrick made me carry and then I went home. I walked in. I could get drunk by myself. At least I wouldn’t have to deal with Brendon.

I walked over to a cupboard and opened it. I opened and showed a bottle of vodka. I took it and closed the cupboard. I had stolen this from Patrick. I don’t know why but I did. I opened it and took a swing. I cringed. It's been a while. Yeah, I know underage drinking is bad but there isn't anyone to stop me anyways.

With in a few hours I had consumed most of the bottle and was now tipsy. I somehow made my way to my room and walked in. I placed the bottle down and looked at my lock. I squinted; it was ten thirty. I heard a tap on the glass.

I looked over and sure enough Brendon was there. I went over and opened the window, “Don’t you have an elsewhere to be?”

He laughed slightly, “Not really. Are you drunk?”

“No, Not really.”

“Invite me in. I wanna join the party.”

“You know what? I’m tired of you coming here. It’s not cool man. I hate you coming here. It’s….its so…what’s the word. Pointless…that’s it.”

“You are so wasted! Invite me in and after tonight I’ll never come back.”

Now that was an offer.

***************************