Baby, I Think I Love You

Go Cry In Your Corner

“How do you know?” I mumbled, blinking away the tears that threatened to fall.

“Jade, don’t do this to yourself. Please,” he begged softly, pushing himself away from the railing. “You’re freaking out over nothing, and you’d regret leaving our kids with no mother.”

I sighed, stepping away from the edge. Edwin reached out and caught my hand, pulling me into a tight embrace. I bit my lip, refusing to let myself cry. I kissed him feverishly, begging him to never leave my side again. My brain knew that he was lying when he promised he wouldn’t, but my heart didn’t care.

“Are you okay, babe? I didn’t mean to upset you or any—Oh. Hello, Edwin.”

I reluctantly released Edwin and turned to face my baffled husband, hating him more with each passing second for having ruined my alone time with my Eddy. I didn’t exactly love the suspicious look in his eyes either.

“Jasper,” Edwin muttered, sounding just as thrilled as my husband looked. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at work or—well, you’re only at work, I suppose.”

“Aren’t you funny?” Jasper asked dryly. “I came to check on my Jade. So what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be home crying like an emo baby?”

“You can go rot in Hell, you fucking bastard!” Edwin hissed, his face twisting up.

“Jasper, shut the fuck up!” I growled at him, not believing what I was hearing. “You gonna call me an emo baby, too, Mr. Jock?”

For as long as I’d known him, Jasper had always had this superiority complex. Before we’d dated in high school, he’d done through at least three girls a week. He always dumped them saying he could do so much better. Sure, he had this sexy accent and English-boy body, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to be a foreign ass.

At one point, when he first started flirting with me, I’d really gone off on him for having made fun of my gay friends, Andy and Cameron. I’m pretty sure I’d given him the “Let’s see where you are when we’re out of high school” speech.

So he’d gone to law school and gotten his PhD.

Yeah, not my best call...

“What? No! I—Look, I’m sorry. Okay? Let’s just go home. We haven’t cuddled in a long time, baby,” he purred, pulling me tightly to him suddenly and kissing my neck roughly.

“Is that all you care about—sex? Because I bet an attractive guy like you could get any woman he wants to fuck him in a second,” Edwin hissed.

I glanced up at Jasper. He looked downright ready to kill Eddy.

“What is he talking about?” I whispered, confused.

“He’s being a total assfuck, that’s what he’s talking about! I love you, okay? The sex is great—don’t get me wrong—but I love you. Let’s just go.”

But I felt Edwin’s eyes burning a hole in the back of my skull as we walked home, hand in hand.

Just what was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I hate to be the one to bear the bad news, but I won't be updating at all from Monday-Friday. I have cross-country camp and they don't exactly have computers or internet, so =[ I'll be sure to update as soon as I can Saturday.

Much Love,
Miranda