Goth Girl and Emo Boy

Kayleigh's romance scene

* Gorgeous Alex's Pov*

I hate this.

Training, training, training and I still don't understand. Why us? Why did they chose four normal teenies to fight against these ' Chavians'? It's so confusing, but there's one thing worse.

Tarja.

Tarja, the Lead Emoian, is a slave driver. She is teaching me and Kayleigh how to use our powers and it sucks.

" Alex...Alex, get up. Tarja wants us training."

I groan and try to ignore Kayleigh shaking me awake.

" Alex! Get up!"

I growl and grab Kayleigh by the waist and pull her over, giggling and squealing.

" Alex! Get off!"

" You try to wake me up, lil emo girly, and you pay the price!"

" Lil emo girly?"

I start to tickle her and she screams into my hair.

" Alex, get off! Please?"

I press a finger to her lips, and she pulls my hand away and kisses my lips instead.

" We need to get to training," Kayleigh mumbles. " Come on, Alex."

She trails off my bed and wanders out of the room. I grin, get up, get dressed. I go down to the Grand Hall. There's a glossy black table laid out with breakfast stuff. Savannah is sitting at one end, reading a big black book about Gothians propped against a jug of milk. Czaree looks like she's ready to puke, as she always does, and Kayleigh is lounging in the big black chair at the head of the table, nibbling a piece of toast.

" So you've got your lazy butt out of bed?" she grins.

" Hey, we all know you're in love with this butt," I grin. " Shove over."

I sit in the chair too, and take the toast from her. She whacks me, and I tickle her, and Savannah sighs and closes her book with a snap. She shoves it in her shoulder bag, gets up from the table and stalks outside. I roll my eyes.

" She's taking this too seriously."

" Are you coming, guys?" Czaree says, getting up.

" We'll tag along later."

" You'll get into trouble," Czaree murmers. I laugh out loud.

" What are we in, pre school? Who cares, it's only old Tarja!"

Czaree bites her lip and hurries outside. Scorpio takes her to some old cave to practise, and if she doesn't get there on time, he goes mental.

" At last, freedom," I sigh. " Come on, let's go."

" Where? Training?"

" No," I snort. " Somewhere....private."

I get up, grab Kayleigh's hand and drag her off. We run down corridors, Converse slapping the marble floors, laughing, until we crash into a cupboard.

And we go inside and kiss.

For a long, long time.

" I love you, Kay, " I whisper. " Really. I-"

The door flies open with a bang, and we both jump back, scared. Tarja is standing there, fuming.
" In the Hall," she whispers dangerously. " Now!"

We follow her into the hall, head's hanging.She stands at the head of the table, while me and Kayleigh stand at the other end.

" I AM USING UP MY OWN TIME TO TRAIN YOU SO YOU CAN DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR WORTHLESS LIVES! YOU TEENIES ARE UNGRATEFUL, SORROWFUL, OBTRUSIVE, INTROSPECTIVE, SELF-CENTRED, AND I DON'T CARE EVEN IF YOU ARE EMO!"

I try to catch Kayleigh's eye but her fringe is covering her face.

" I KNEW GLEMIUS'S PLAN WOULD FAIL, THAT YOU WERE TOO CAUGHT UP IN YOUR OWN ADOLESCENT PROBLEMS TO CONCENTRATE ON SAVING THREE RACES OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MORE CLASS THAN YOUR CONVERSE!"

Tarja stops, breathing heavily.

" That's it. Outside, practising Razor shooting until I am satisfied you have learnt your lesson."

We trail outside and are stood 13 feet apart and practise our razor shooting until my arms are heavy and sore and the sun is sinking below the mountains. Tarja struts over, nods and says curtly,

' You may go in now.'

I run up to the Hall, and go straight to my room. I slam the door, grab my bag and start shoving things inside.

" Alex..."

It's Kayleigh.

She opens the door and comes in, with wide eyes.

" What are you doing?"

" I'm leaving," I snap. " I've had enough. I don't understand, I hate her-"

" But what about the three races?"

" I don't care! They're nothing to do with us, Kay!"

" Stay, Alex, please."

" No way."

" But how will you get back? We got transported here, remember?"

I freeze, flick my hair and shrug.

" I'll find a way."

Overhead, the intercom crackles into life.

" Will Alex Emoian please report to the Great Hall immediatly."

I grab my bag and go down to the hall with Kayleigh. Glemius, Tarja and Scorpio are all in there, looking grave.

" Alex, we have some bad news for you."

And that's when they tell me that Chavians found my little sister, kidnapped her, tortured her and murdered her.