Goth Girl and Emo Boy

Moonlight Meeting

^ Alex's Pov^

" Alex! You've got a letter!"

I stumble out of my bedroom, still in my PJ's and wander into the lounge. Mum is holding out a letter , a confused expression playing across her pale face.

" I don't recognise the writing."

I take the letter from her and go into my bedroom to open it. It's in a smooth black envelope, with curly green writing on the front:

'Alexander Westwood
Flat 109
Eden Block
Elm Estate'

I tear open the envelope, and take out the letter. It's on black paper too, with green writing. Across the top of the page are those strange symbols I saw on the razorblade. I draw my eyes away from that and read the letter.

' Alexander Westwood.

You may have noticed recently that you have gained powers, and you are not the only one. This is for a reason, and all will become clear. You simply have to turn up at the High Forest at the base of the High Mountains at midnight tomorrow. Bring a bag with some clothes, eye- liner, straighteners and other essentials.

Your's sorrowfully,

Tarja Morte

Lead Emoian'

I stare at the letter in my hand. Is this for real? Has somebody been watching me?I scan round my room just in case, and stuff the letter under my pillow.

The next day, at half-eleven, I get a bus down to the Main Road by the High Forest. I walk down to the forest, looking behind my shoulder every five seconds. I come to a clearing washed in moonlight, and sit on a tree stump, clutching my back pack. I read over the letter once more, when I hear a voice.

" Hello, Alex."

I stand up and turn round sharply, just to see Kayleigh, the girl I met in HMV. I smile.

" You got a letter too?"

" Yep, " she says, tugging a scrap of paper out of her pocket. " 'Eye- liner, straighteners'....Lead Emoian...what's all this about?"

" Hello? Hello?Is anyone there?"

A girl steps into the clearing, looking scared. She stops when she sees us, and waves a black sheet of paper in the air.

" Errr....I got this.....from the Lead Gothian....."

" Gothian?" I frown. " We got our's from Emoian-"

" Hey? Hey, who are you? Are you the Lead Gothian?" calls a girl, and she comes into the clearing, her long black hair glistening.

" No," squeaks the other girl. " I'm waiting for him...her...and these two are waiting for the Lead Emoian."

" Oh, hi, Czaree. I didn't see you," says the black-haired goth girl. " So, who are you? I'm Savannah."

" I'm Kayleigh, and this is Alex," Kayleigh says. " D'you reckon this is a set-up?"

" No," Savannah says. " I mean, we do all have powers, right?"

We all nod.

" Someone knows something," Savannah continues. " I bet it's-"

" Hello, Leaders, " comes a crisp, clear voice, and we all turn to see three figures walking into the clearing. The one who spoke is an old man wearing a sweeping black cloak and black gloves, black hair in a tight ponytail. He is smiling slightly.

The other man is younger, with a bright pink Mohican. He is wearing a black cloak too, but with zips and pins on it, and huge army boots with tartan trousers. He is scowling slightly, looking ill in the moonlight.

The last is a woman, who has a mean expression on her face. She has short, spiky black hair with the biggest fringe I have ever seen. Her eyes are cold and dark, and she is wearing a studded belt over her black cape.

" I am the Lead Gothian," the old man says. " This is the Lead Punkian-" he gestures to the punk- " And this is the Lead Emoian."

I feel myself turn pale.

" We are here to train you. You all have powers- Goth, Emo, Punk. We have these powers also, and we are going to help you along."

" This doesn't make any sense, " Savannah says. " Why do we have powers?"

The Leader's sit on a log, and the Goth starts to explain.

" Years ago, there was a great war between the Gothians and the dreaded Chavians. Chavians won, and took the Gothians into captivity. The Gothians had a Leader who died and I have temporerilly taken over. The Emoians have been taken by the Chavians too, and the Chavians wiped out most of the Punkians a long time ago. We need new leaders to help us battle against the Chavians, and we chose you."

I shake my head.

" This is weird. I don't get it."

" We need your help-"

" But why?"

" Look," sighs the Lead Emoian irritably, standing up. " We shouldn't be out here. If we are found, we will get killed. We have fought for our people's freedom, and we need new Leader's. They happen to be you, so you're gonna be trained and help us, Okay?"

I scowl slightly.

" The training will comense up in the Grand Hall shortly, " Lead Emoian says. " I shall teach Alexander and Kayleigh. Glemius will take Savannah, and Scorpio will take Czaree. We need to leave now. Come along."

" What?" Kayleigh gasps in the darkness. "Leave?!"

" We need to take you to the Grand Hall. We need you."

" Leave our families without telling them?"

" They will not understand!" snarls Scorpio, the guy with the pink hair. " We need to leave! Your little brains could not even imagine what my people have gone through! I saw my family, my friends, killed, tortured, slaughtered! I tried to fight, and the result was the rest of my people being forced into hiding! I could go back and find them all dead! These Chavians are vile creatures, Satan's children, born from Hell, hungry for power, for glory! We need to defeat them!"

"Come along, Leaders, " that Glemius guy says. " Please?"

Savannah stands up, defiant.

" What do we do?"

" You can transport, can't you?" frowns the Lead Emoian. " Oh, you haven't discovered that yet? Fine, fine, tag-along transportation!"

She grabs my arm and Kayleigh's arm, squeezes her eyes and suddenly we're flying through the air, colours and shapes rushing past. It feels strange, wrong, but I can feel something else, something stronger.

Kayleigh's fingers clutching mine.