Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Good morrow

The next day was a Road Dogs game and then a show, the usual, except Nick had told me I wasn’t playing. My body did hurt but I wanted to play. I changed into my Road Dog’s shirt and some black cotton bubble shorts, if they wouldn’t let me play I at least wanted to warm up with them.

I’d stayed on the Christa bus until we all had to pile into a school bus to take us to the baseball field where fans were already gathered and waiting for us to arrive and play. Our bus was the last lot to get on so I quickly slipped my feet into some Nike dunks and put on my Ray Bans aviators.

I followed Christa onto the bus, “Good morrow.” I said cheerfully to everyone already on board.

“Morning.” Everyone mused back.

I spotted Joe towards the back talking on his phone. I took the two seats in front of him and sat across them, leaning on the window frame was dug into my back uncomfortably. I ignored Joe as he talked quietly into his phone, I wanted to give him some privacy.

Joe looked me in the eyes and smiled, “Okay, bye.” He said into the phone.

Once he had shoved the phone into his pocket he leaned onto the back of my seat, resting his chin on his forearms. “Hello.”

“Hey, so what did you do last night without me?”

I sighed and leaned my elbow against the back of the chair and pushed my hand into my hair, “Wrote a new song with Christa, talked to you, slept.”

“Sounds exciting.” He said sarcastically, grinning. “What’s the song called?”

“Catch me.” I answered immediately, smiling at him.

My eyes followed him as he pulled his blue Road Dogs hat from his head and placed it on mine, but backwards. I chuckled girlishly. “What’s the song about?”

“Falling in love, but not wanting to. Being scared to.” I confessed, blushing slightly.

“You’ll have to play it for me once we stop.” I nodded and smiled at him. “You’ve got a face for a smile, y’know?”

As soon as he said that, I pulled out my iPhone and opened up a new note. Joe watched as my fingers tapped the screen as I wrote a verse and a chorus. He smiled, obviously proud he had inspired me to write a song.

Image

I read over it a few times with a smile. “You’re amazing.” Joe grinned at me and kissed my forehead.

I stared at him, suddenly remembering the she-devil he called his girlfriend. Did he forget about her? He’d cheated on her, with me. I’d become the one thing I never wanted to be; the girl a guy cheats on his girlfriend with. Joe didn’t seem too phased by it all, he actually seemed quite pleased with himself for some unknown reason. It was kind of irritating.

It was only half eleven when we arrived and the game wasn’t starting until one. So, Joe managed to find a guitar and we sat across the far field in a circle with Kevin, Nick and Garbo.

They all paid close attention to me as I played the new song where as I kept my eyes glued to the boards behind them or I kept them closed. I didn’t like knowing I was being watched, it made me feel awkward though I played all my new songs for them.

“I’m giving up so just catch me.” I sung finally. "It sounds better with the violin." I mumbled, blushing.

They all stared at me in awe. “That was awesome, favourite yet.” Garbo grinned, holding out his fist.

I bumped my fist with his and then with the three brothers too. “You liked it then?”

“Loved it.” Kevin grinned, holding out a hand to help me up. “Come on then boys, time to warm up.”

I held out my hand and pulled go up, he smiled suggestively and I rolled my eyes. We slapped the palms of our hands together and then the back, bumped our elbows against each other, leaned forward and fake sneezed then pretended to wipe it across each others arms.

“Oh!” We said together before bumping fists.

“You know, all your fans are going to be like ‘oh em jay! That’s Joe and Stella’s hand shake!’” I said, perfectly imitating an over excited Jonas Brothers fan.

Joe laughed, “Well, we know it’s ours.”

I looked up at him, “I hate those sunglasses.”

“I know you do.” He smirked and jogged over to the rest of his team mates while I headed back to the dug out with the guitar Joe gave me.

Everyone greeted me with a hello as I jumped down into the dug out and sat next to my Mom and Frankie. “Hey Frank.” I held out my fist for him and he bumped his against it.

“Can’t believe they won’t let me play.” Frankie pouted folding his arms across his chest.

“They take it very seriously Frank.” I told him, putting my arm around his shoulders.

Frankie looked up at me in bewilderment, “I can be very serious.”

I chuckled and grabbed Joe’s fielding glove and a ball from the bucket filled with them. “Come on Frankster, let’s go play.”

He smiled up at me with his innocent eyes and jumped up, grabbing his own fielding glove. The crowd screamed and chanted for Frankie who blushed and tried to concentrate on throwing and catching the ball. Frankie didn’t like attention, he was a pretty shy kid when it came to his brothers' fans love for him. He didn’t know how to handle it when he wasn’t prepared for it.

“Can I go back to the dug out?” He asked sweetly, throwing the green ball back to me.

I nodded and he jogged away. I watched him as he ran back to the dug out with a smile, poor kid.

“Roar!” Joe shouted just milliseconds before he jumped onto my back.

I stumbled forward then stood upright, “Ow, fat boy.” I mumbled taking off the glove on my hand and dropping the ball.

Joe wrapped his arms around my neck and his head on my shoulder. “Onwards!” He demanded closing his fist and holding it out in the air.

I tried to walk forward but failed, “Joe, I’m seventeen, you’re nineteen, get off me!” I exclaimed.

Joe wrapped his legs around me and swung his body to the side, bringing us both down to the floor. I cringed as my bruises connected with the hard floor. It annoyed me that Joe did that, I was beat up only yesterday and he’s jumping on my back and forcing me to fall onto hard ground.

“Joe!” I shouted furiously. I grabbed my sunglasses and quickly stood up, leaving Joe on the floor to laugh to himself about the act of hurting me he found so funny. “I’ve said to you a million times don’t treat me like a rag doll we aren’t kids anymore. I have bruises you know! And they hurt so stop it.”

The stern tone of my voice made him get up from the grass, he took off his sunglasses. I sighed, now he had his eyes to unleash upon me, I stood no chance at being angry with him. I took my aviators from my hand and put them on, then put his hideous baseball sunglasses onto mine.

“I hate these sunglasses.”

He grinned and pulled me into him for a big, bone crunching hug. “I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter with be... interesting. So get commenting, silent readers fail!

Oh and by the way. Did you like my iPhone screen shot? I changed the time on my phone and everything, I couldn't change the network sadly.

Sorry xD!