Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Goodnight

I kicked my confidence into gear and held onto his hand, I brought his finger inside my mouth then wrapped my lips around it. I pulled his finger back out of my mouth, never letting my lips move away from it as I dragged the cream from his finger into my mouth, smirking at him once it was completely out.

I didn’t have time to swallow the cream in my mouth before Joe had attacked me with his. Suddenly, I had an idea. I didn’t even have to put it into action as Joe seemed to already be in on it.

His tongue invaded my mouth while mine invaded his, I heard a low groan in the back of his throat vibrate against my lips as he tasted the whipped cream I had just taken from his finger.

“Ew, my innocent eyes!” We both heard Frankie say.

I opened one eye and watched as Joe took his hat from his head and held it in front of our faces making me deepen the kiss even more.

“Thank you!” Frankie shouted back as if we couldn’t hear.

I ran my tongue across the roof of his mouth as his twisted against mine; he was definitely an amazing kisser. I moved my hands that were doing nothing to his neck, moving them over his shoulders before linking them at the back of his neck occasionally playing with the ends of his hair.

I went to end the PDA but Joe shook his head never taking his lips from mine and pushed his tongue back into my mouth. I closed my eyes again and brushed my own against his. I opened my mouth and ran my tongue against his upper lip before crashing my lips down onto it; his lips enclosed my bottom lip.

I almost bit down on Joe’s lips when a pillow came flying into the back of my head.

With a scowl we both turned to look at Nick and Emma. “Just because we can’t see you doesn’t mean we can’t hear your distracting lip smacking and tongue swirling. Either stop playing tonsil hockey or leave.” Nick demanded making Emma chuckle.

Joe put his hat back on and we both stood up. “Fine.”

“Good, you were ruining the movie for me.” Frankie said with a sly smile.

Joe glared at his youngest brother as we climbed the stairs, “Snape kills Dumbledore.” Joe called out before jogging up the rest of the stairs pulling me with him.

Frankie gasped, “I hate you Joe!”

Joe and I chuckled as we slammed the door behind us, “Is it raining?” I asked Joe, looking to the small window at the top of the front door trying to see the rain drops through the midnight blue sky.

“Looks like it.” Joe shrugged.

I headed to the laundry room and grabbed a blanket with Joe following me like a puppy, wondering what I was doing. He followed me into the kitchen quietly. I picked up a packet of cookies then poured a glass of milk, “Want some?”

“Yes please.” Joe replied, leaning against the island folding his arms across his chest.

I handed him a glass of milk then shuffled out to the back yard with Joe still following me. I quickly ran through the rain towards the large tree at the back of the garden, once under it the rain had stopped hitting me.

I sat down on the floor, wrapping the blanket around my shoulder. I opened it up so Joe could get in next to me. He wrapped the blanket tightly around us both leaving each of us a hand free to dunk our cookies into the glasses of milk I had made for us.

“Why are we sitting in the rain?” Joe asked, biting off a chunk of cookie.

I smiled up at him, “Because, I love the rain.”

I leaned my body into Joe’s, bringing the blanket up to my face and listening to the patter of the rain drops landing onto the leaves above me. I pouted as Joe moved around to pull something out of his pocket. I closed my eyes and inhaled the smell of him mixed in with the scent the rain was leaving as it washed against nature.

It wasn’t until I saw the flash that I realised what Joe had pulled from his pocket; a camera. My heart warmed at his sweet act. I tilted my head up to smile at him but got a bonus kiss, Joe captured the moment of our kiss with the camera again; his hand gently caressing my face and a small smile tugging at the edge of my lips.

“And so it begins…” I whispered to him, kissing his lips once more.

He gently cradled my cheek, gently stroking the skin under my eyes. “You’re just so beautiful.”

I couldn’t help the grin that spread onto my face at his words. “So are you.” He scoffed a laugh at me, “I’m serious. You’re absolutely stunning, in every way and I’m going to keep telling you it until you believe it yourself.”

He kissed my forehead then pushed the blanket off his shoulders. “Coming?” He said cheerfully, standing up and holding out his hand.

I took it with a smile as he pulled us from the cover of the tree and into the rain. We swung each other around, laughing as the rain pelted our bodies.

“I’m singing in the rain!” I sang loudly and completely off key.

Joe and I continued to run around in the rain, laughing at each other when we fell over in the slippery grass, feeling free and joyful. But as always, all fun must come to an end eventually, Paul was the one to do it.

“Joseph! Get out the rain, you’ll catch a cold! You have to perform tomorrow.” Paul called.

Joe and I stopped what we were doing and stood opposite each other. “Now Joseph Adam!” Denise shouted.

I sighed and pushed him towards the door. Sulking, I walked back over to the tree to collect our empty glasses, the cookie packet and the blanket that we had left. Joe was waiting for me at the kitchen door with a towel in his hand and one wrapped around him.

He threw he towel at me and I wiped my face clean of the rain water. I winced as he took another picture of me, “Aw, you look cute.”

Joe twisted the screen to show the picture he had just taken. My hair was all pushed back with a few loose strands falling to the side, I was hunched up with the towel around my shoulders and I was biting my lip whilst looking else where.

I slyly pretended to still be looking at the picture but instead opened the lenses. “Joe?”

He spun around and I snapped the picture, smiling at how it came out but also kind of upset that even unaware he looked like an angel.

“Come on let’s get into some dry clothes.”

Joe and I rushed through the house and up the stairs to his bedroom. I stood in my wet clothes watching Joe as he changed into some new boxers, pyjama pants and a white t-shirt. He tossed me some basket ball shorts and one of his shirts, I quickly stripped out of my wet clothes while he wandered into his bathroom.

Once in his dry clothes and tugged a brush through my hair then scrubbed my hair with the towel he had given me earlier. My hair was in semi-wet waves I finally noticed the sound of running water, Joe was taking a shower. I took my chance to negotiate the sleeping arrangements with the adults, so, I skipped downstairs and into the dining room where they all sat with glasses of wine smiling and laughing with each other.

“Hello.” Denise smiled, “Take a seat, we’d like to discuss something with you.”

I sat down, slightly bewildered, and folding my arms on the table. “We have all discussed the sleeping situation and came to realise that you’re right. You should still be allowed to share a bed with Joseph, but now you’re dating we have conditions.” Paul said. “We will be checking up on you two, often. You must sleep fully clothed, meaning Joseph must not just be in his boxers.”

“He doesn’t sleep in boxers anyways.” I told them.

They all chuckled at me, “One more thing. Ellen DeGeneres is doing an episode on teen dating abuse. She wants you to go on.”

I stared at my mom in shock, “Are you serious?” I squeaked. I let out a high pitched squeal. “I will totally do it, when is it?”

“See, it’s kind of tomorrow.” Paul smiled sweetly. “She was supposed to have another teenager on but her Grandma died so she asked if you could fill in.”

“Oh… well… s-sure.”

I stood up and quickly sped up the stairs and into Joe’s room. Upon hearing he was still in the shower I walked into his bathroom and sat down on the toilet seat. He poked his head around the shower curtain, “Yes?”

“I’m going to be on Ellen tomorrow.”

“Seriously?” I nodded.

I gaped at him, “I have nothing to wear.”

“What about that yellow dress with the white lace thing I bought you in San Jose?” Joe shouted over the water.

I grinned, “And I could wear my grey jacket with it.”

Joe shut off the water then poked his head around the shower curtain. I grabbed a towel from the radiator and threw it to him, he caught it with one hand and a smile. I skipped out of his bathroom and into his room. I snuck into his bed and snuggled under his puffy quilt smiling as the smell of his body reached my nose. I smirked at Joe as he walked out of the bathroom with wet shaggy hair and dressed in his pyjamas again.

“You’re not supposed to be in my bed.” He reminded me as he fumbled with his glasses case.

“The adults realised I was right, I’m sleeping with you.” I revealed to him.

Joe spun around, glasses perched on his nose, with a smile on his face. He took a running jump onto the bed beside me then quickly shuffled under the covers, “Yay.” He whispered, kissing my lips.

I giggled at him. I gazed at him curiously as he reached into his pocket and pulled out the devil that I knew as his digital camera. I groaned and rolled so my back was to him, he crawled up against my back and rested his head on top of mine. I pouted dramatically as he brought the camera in front of us both and snapped a picture, the flash making spots appear as I looked into the darkness.

“No more pictures please.” I grumbled.

Joe grasped my hips and spun me around into his arms. “Okay, you know of my obsession for taking pictures.”

I pushed my hand under the pillow my head rested on. “Goodnight.” I whispered to him.

“Night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't have time to spell check this or read over it or anything. Sorry if there's any mistakes.

Lets see if we can get to 150 comments, it shouldn't be hard. There's 84 subscribers! I only need 10 comments to get there so click here loves!

Thanks for reading, as always :)