Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

It’s what I look for in women

I pushed the up arrow three more times to push my self to the limit. Christa and I had decided it was time for a run but because we were trapped in a venue for the time being treadmills it was. We both ran together trying our best to keep going, we’d lost a game of rock paper scissors with Emma so while we ran for thirty minutes straight she got to sit and eat fruit while we sweat.

Emma began to count down. “Three, two, one.”

I pressed stop on the treadmill and spread my legs out so I could jump up onto the plastic and off the mill. I leaned over, panting and exhausted. I lazily stepped off the treadmill, my muscles all over aching, and downed half a bottle of water with Christa.

“Come on, we need to walk it out.” Christa reminded me, throwing her arm around my shoulder as we walked out the door. She turned to Emma and pointed to her, “Next time.”

Emma grinned at her and popped another bit of apple into her mouth, turning her attention back to the screen of her phone. I put my arm around Christa’s waist as we tried to walk with shaking legs down the corridor to outside in our spandex shorts and large baggy shirts.

“Never again, I hate jogging.” I told Christa as we sat down against the large wheels of the tour bus. “Being outside is making me warmer I think.”

She shook her head, “Nope, that’s just you. There’s a slight breeze.” Christa argued, sipping some more water. “So, you and Joe.”

“So…” I answered with a smile.

“It’s cute, he really likes you.” Christa said making me blush, “And Nick with his ‘friend’ Emma. I swear, he needs to ask her out already.”

I laughed, “If you ask me I think he already has and they’re just not telling us.” Christa gasped, “I know.”

“Well, I don’t blame them.”

“When’s the hub coming out?” I asked Christa, nudging her side.

She smiled, such a smile made it obvious she loved him. “Tonight, I’m excited. A week is too long.”

I chuckled and hugged her, “Indeed it is, sweaty sister Christa.” I let out a long breath and leant my head on her shoulder, “I love you, Christa.”

“Aw, I love you too sweetie.”

“Aw! Cute moment! I love the both of you!” Joe exclaimed, hanging out the tour bus door in his Road Dogs uniform. “Let me squeeze in there.”

Joe pushed himself between Christa and I then place an arm around each of our shoulders. “We’re sweaty mind.” Christa warned.

“It’s what I look for in women.” Joe joked making us both chuckle. “Are you two coming to the kickball game?”

“Am I playing?” I asked Joe, frowning.

Joe shrugged, “I don’t know, I’m guessing you are.” He leant over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “You two, into your Road Dog uniforms so we can be going.”

I pushed myself up from the floor. “I wouldn’t have run for half an hour if I knew I’d be playing, but whatever. It’s only kickball.”

I did as I was told and changed into my all white Road Dogs uniform and some plastic pleated sneakers. Once Christa and I were changed everyone piled onto a yellow school bus and headed towards the grounds to play with John Jay and Rich.

Joe headed off with his brothers after the band and crew had walked inside. It took a while to get the game under way, the brothers put on their Jonas Brothers strut and did some interviews and filmed some things for the hosts while I stretched with the Road Dogs, cringing as my muscles shouted at me for working so hard. Eventually the boys joined us and we began to play kickball.

Let’s just say, the Road Dogs poned at kickball. We’d lost a few games of baseball but kickball was like a walk in the park. We completely thrashed the opposing team at kickball, myself getting three home runs and the boys also getting some for themselves. When we were fielding we were right on our toes, passing and getting people out speedily and easily.

But, the Jonas family had little time to celebrate. The six of them, my mother and my self all rushed to shower and change then to see the Jonas grandparents and Denise’s sister, brother in law and their kid and also her brother and his wife. We’d only get two hours with them before we would all have to drive to the venue.

We pulled up to the small white house in a lively neighbourhood, Penny and Marv as we call him both really fit in with everyone around them. When they saw the black SUV pull up the front door flew open and out ran the whole family.

Liz (Denise’s sister) and her husband Chris came out with his two year old son on his hip, Dylan. Then out came her brother Alan and his pregnant wife Anne. Slowly coming behind was Denise’s parents Penny and Marv, waving their arms in the air as if we couldn’t see them.

Everyone exchanged hello hugs and kisses out in the yard before we all decided that instead of hanging around in the yard like losers that it would be a good idea to go inside and congregate. We all spread about the house, Joe, Penny and I going straight to the kitchen while everyone else went into the main room.

“I’m starving.” Joe exclaimed, grabbing some chips and scooping up a large amount of cheese and chive dip before shoving it into his mouth.

Penny laughed, “I can see that sweetie.” He ruffled his hair, “What’s up with the curls then?”

“He’s lazy.” I answered for him as I grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

I flinched when his hand connected with the back of my head. “Don’t hit her Joseph.” I heard Denise scold as she entered the kitchen.

“I’m allowed to, she hurts me.” Joe said in an attempt to defend himself.

“But she’s a girl.” Penny smiled making the wrinkles in her face around her eyes deepen.

I grinned up at Joe who shook his head in defeat. I wrapped my arms around his torso and rested my head against his shoulder, he caged in his arms tightly and rested his head on top of mine. “I know when to stop arguing, women always get the last word. Anything said after that is the beginning of another argument.”

“Well said Joseph, now come on, time for family fun.” Penny grinned.

Denise and Penny quickly conga-ed out the kitchen laughing to themselves as they headed towards the main room leaving Joe and I in the kitchen. I swivelled around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I smiled at him, “I’ve said it a million times but I love your family.”

Joe ducked his head down and pressed his lips to mine. He stared at my face with a smile then licked his thumb, slowly he brought it under my eye. I stared at him, confused. Joe grinned at me and kissed my forehead before releasing me from his arms.

“Mascara.” He finally told me.

I blushed and scurried out of the kitchen towards the living room. When I stepped inside I noticed the furniture had been pushed to the side and everyone except Paul and Marv was lined up in front of the fireplace with a whistle in their mouth. Marv stood to the side with a video camera.

Joe and I got handed one then we squeezed into the middle. “When I point to you, blow your whistle.” Paul said to us.

He pointed to everyone, making up his own little tune. Everyone laughed as some failed to realise he was pointing to them. He pointed me and I blew into the whistle as hard as I could, then he pointed to Joe.

Joe went to blow into the whistle but out came a weak wheeze. “It’s those tight jeans.” Liz commented from the end of the line.

Everyone cracked up as Joe shouted, “They aren’t that tight!” then blew into his whistle as hard as he could, still not getting a sound from the plastic whistle.

Spending time with the Arizona clan was an up lifting time, everyone was at their happiest when surrounded by family. Just being together after such a long time was settling for the boys, it kept them grounded to know that even with all the attention there is still their family who know and love them for them.

But as per usual we only had a few hours in family time, it was two hours until show time and the boys had to be on the stage. Thankfully though, everyone was coming out to the show to help cheer on the boys.

Time Lapse

Emma and I decided to chill in the tour bus after feeling a bit third wheel-ish as the Jonas family spent some time after the show together. We sat together with a bowl of chips watching episode four of JONAS.

Emma cringed when Joe came out with ripped clothing, “I hate chest hair.”

“I hate arm pit hair.” I told her.

“I hate leg hair too, all hair that isn’t on the head or arms should be removed.” She stated, nodding her head.

I chuckled, “What about pubes?”

She grinned, “They can stay too, I guess.” I laughed at her and threw some more chips into my mouth. “Would it be weird if I said your boyfriend has a really nice mouth?”

I glared at her, “Yes, talk about your own boyfriend.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.” She mumbled, sinking down into the sofa turning up the TV.

I rolled my eyes at her, she would be soon. As they always say; patience is a virtue. I grabbed the remote from her and switched off the TV. “Hey!”

I rolled my eyes and headed to Nick’s bunk and stole his guitar, “I wanna play you the start of Joe’s song that I wrote him for his birthday.”

Emma clapped her hands. “Yay!”

I cleared my throat and began.

“Friday night beneath the stars
In the field behind your yard
You and I are paintin' pictures in the sky
And sometimes we don't say a thing
Just listen to the crickets sing
Everything I need is right here by my side
And I know everything about you
I don't wanna live without you

I'm only up when you're not down
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground
It's like no matter what I do
Well you drive me crazy half the time
The other half I'm only trying to let you know
That what I feel is true
And I'm only me when I'm with you.”


“That’s all I’ve got so far, what do you think?”

“Honestly?” She still had a smile so I wasn’t too worried, I nodded at her to continue. “I think you need more, like drums, electric guitar, y’know?”

I sighed and thought about it. Then it hit me, it all came together in my mind. How it would sound, where everything would go, the pace… it was all there. I could see myself on stage singing it to him in front of the crowd and him with the biggest smile on his face.

Now all I needed was some help to set it all up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the ten people who actually commented, you get your update. Those who don't comment need to thank those people! Psh.

Lets see if we can get another 10+. Clickidy, click, click!

There's 91 of you! Let's kick it up a notch, yeah?