Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Brown hair

“Are you sure?” Emma asked on more time as she stood behind me with the bottle of dye in her hands.

“Definitely, dye my hair brown.” I demanded with a smile.

I decided it was time for a change so while the boys were out doing Jonas Brothers things and Emma and I sat in the hotel room. I had chosen to dye my hair not even half an hour before she started to dye it, we quickly ran down to the closest store, bought some dye and came back. Emma had also decided that she wanted to go darker than her light brown hair so once my hair had been dyed I was dying hers.

Spontaneously is always the best way to do things. That way, you don’t give yourself the chance to change your mind.

We hadn’t told anyone we were doing it, we just did it. I told my twitter followers and she told hers, but the boys still wouldn’t know as they didn’t follow anyone.

Juliharrr @emmarection is dying my hair brown. Shh, no one knows.

emmarection I have the urge to draw an ‘E’ on the back of @Juliharr’s neck in brown hair dye. But then she will get revenge later.

I loved my darker hair, it made my skin look better and my eyes brighter. Without even noticing it the colour blonde looked wishy-washy on me so taking the risk of dying my hair dark paid off.

“So…” Emma started as I was rubbing the dye into the strands of her hair. “Nick asked me out last night.”

I let out an involuntary squeak. “Yay! It’s about time he did!”

“Speaking of it’s about time…” She tapped the screen of her phone then grinned as ‘Underdog’ began to play through the speakers. “Have you thought about what you want to do for your birthday?”

I nodded, “Since we’re going to be in Florida I want to go to Disney world. I mean, how amazing would it be to spend my eighteenth birthday acting like a five year old?”

Emma laughed and looked at me incredulously. “You want to take the Jonas Brothers to Disney world?” I frowned, that would be difficult. “Good luck.”

I sighed and twisted her dye colour hair onto the top of her head. “Ten minutes then you can wash it out.”

“I can’t wait to see Joe’s reaction to your head of hair.” Emma smirked from across the room, Vogue in her hands.

I rolled my eyes at her then headed into the bathroom to blow dry it. The coloured turned out a bit darker than the colour on the box but I still loved it. I spent a while just looking at myself in the mirror and tweaking my hair, I even trimmed my fringe a bit as it had grown quite long over the course of the tour that it no longer looked like a fringe.

When I stepped back into the room Emma was sat on the phone. I spun around letting my hair fan out before it settled back down. “Woo, sexy!” Emma cheered.

“Thanks, Nick?” I smirked, nodding at her phone.

“Joe wants to talk to you.” Emma chuckled holding out the phone for me.

I took it from her with a nervous tingling in my stomach. “Yes?” I said into the phone.

“What have you done?” He sang the words in an accusing manor.

I gasped jokingly, “Nothing illegal.” I paused for him to say something but all he did was cough. “I dyed my hair brown.” I eventually confessed.

“Seriously?” His voice had jumped an octave making me chuckle. “You have absolutely no impulse control.”

I giggled, “Yeah well, I like it, makes me less ‘plain Jane’.”

“You were never plain Jane.” Joe’s words made me blush, “I’ll see you when we get to the hotel.”

While Emma showered I played on Bop-It, the game no one could beat me at. I’d beaten the machine! It actually ran out of things to give me, it made Nick very angry when he couldn’t beat the machine. A knock at the door sent my heart soaring again, I was nervous as to what Joe would think of my new hair do.

I peered through the peep hole and indeed he stood there surrounded by his family and my mother who banged on the door. I chuckled and opened it, “Ta-da?”

“Oh my god.” My mother said staring at me, “Honestly Julia, couldn’t you have told me?”

“I only dyed my hair.” I mumbled heading back inside to sit on the sofa.

Joe followed me, taking the seat next to me. His fingers picked up some of my hair and examined it. “I like it.”

“Good.” I pressed a quick kiss to his lips and wrapped my arms around his torso. “I’ve missed you today.” I told him quietly.

Joe wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. “I’ve missed you too, bambi.”

“Bambi?” I grinned.

He shrugged, “You needed a pet name.”

I chuckled and kissed him again, “Fine, I’m calling you peach.”

“Peach?” He winced then frowned, “Fine.”

“Fine.” I retorted. “Mother!” I shouted to get her attention. She spun around with an annoyed look on her face. “I want to go to Disney World for my birthday considering we have the day off in Florida.”

“Sweetie, we’re going to Tampa not Orlando.” She explained with a soft smile.

I sighed, “But we’ll be in Florida. It’s my favourite place!” I argued, frustration getting the better of me.

Joe placed his lips at my ear. “Don’t worry, I’ll take you to Disney world. Promise.”

I grinned at his promise. “Thanks.”

Time Lapse

True to his word, it was my birthday and Joe was walking beside me down main street USA. It was a blistering hot summers day in Florida, not a cloud in the sky just a clear blue sheet with the sun blazing down on everyone who walked beneath it. The Disney atmosphere was always present, music playing and excited voices talking as they walked past the Disney themed stores and bought merchandise from the stalls set up around the Magic Kingdom Park.

To make things easier for the park security, Joe and I went to Magic Kingdom while Nick and Emma took over MGM or as it’s now known; Hollywood Studios. But we still call it MGM. Then, we’d switch over and meet back at the castle to watch ‘Wishes’ on the night.

Just as we began to head to Splash Mountain I felt Joe’s hand slide into mine and push his fingers through mine. “Joe…”

“What? It’s fine, no one is recognising me with my shades and cap. And as long as you’re resisting the urge to tweet our location we’ll be fine.” Joe whispered then kissed my cheek.

I chuckled, it was true. Even with two security guys walking discretely behind us families walked past us not batting an eye lid. But we hadn’t gone on any rides yet.

The rides were the dilemma. We couldn’t queue because people would definitely notice Joe if he was stood still for ages but if we hopped the line people who look to see who jumped the queue and then notice it was Joe. We decided jumping the queue would be best as the ride would take us and bring us back quickly by the time the people who had noticed him could move.

Splash Mountain was definitely one of my favourite rides, it’s filled with Disney fun but big drops and creepy things to. The perfect mix for a ride. Before we got into our boat the security time it so that no one would notice who he was, we climbed into the front of a log with four adults behind us, one with a little boy.

It worked, they didn’t recognise he was Joe Jonas and we had the most fun in the world. Joe even bought the hideous picture of us screaming with our hands in the air at the end of the ride.

“Can we do Space Mountain and then go meet the characters?” I pleaded Joe with an irresistible pout.

“It’s your day.” He kissed my lips then began to skip.

Laughing with him I skipped along side him, laughing even more when the security tried to keep inconspicuous but also keep up with us.

“You know…” I said as we walked past the queue of people waiting at Space Mountain. “This is kind of our first date.”

His eyes widened, “I’ve never taken you on a date?” I shook my head, “I’m a terrible boyfriend.”

“Nah, just a busy one.” I smiled up at him.

His face dropped as I said this. “I am a terrible boyfriend. Those are the things I should be doing.”

I stared at him, completely baffled. “Joe, you’ve taken me to Disney world for my birthday. You’re the best boyfriend in the world.”

He smiled at my attempt to cheer him up. I took his face in my hands and pressed a kiss to his lips. “Thanks bambi, you always know how to make me feel better.”

I shrugged, “It’s a gift.”

“That it is.” He said with a smile.

Joe placed his hand on the small of my back and led me towards the bullet like cart. I sat down in front of him and pulled down the safety bar. I twisted my head the best I could to face him, “Joe, take off your hat or else you’ll lose it.”

“Oh, right.” He pulled it from his head and stuck it into the netted pouch beside his leg.

We both jumped as we heard a high pitched scream. “Oh my fucking God! It’s Joe Jonas! Oh my God! Oh my God!” The girl screeched.

“Hi.” Joe waved to her with a smile.

“Oh my God! You’re with Julia, happy birthday!” She screamed at me, she sounded pretty devilish but I knew she was just excited.

I giggled, “Thanks!” I replied to her.

Everyone around her was now taking pictures of Joe, he smiled and waved to the people who had suddenly recognised he was there. “Bye.” He waved as the cart began to move forward.

“Our cover is blown.” I shouted to Joe as we sped up before going into a sudden drop into darkness making me scream.

Once the ride was over, Joe and I were whisked away quickly. Word had gotten around the park that he was here so security was stepped up and we strolled without holding hands which was a bummer but I understood. ‘Heart throb’ Joe Jonas can’t be seen canoodling with another girl, it ruins the image.

He kept saying he was sorry, but I didn’t mind, I was in Disney World! Nothing could put a downer on my mood when I was in the ‘land of a million dreams.’ We headed towards the mid-day parade before we went to MGM.

It seemed the characters knew where we would be as Chip and Dale pulled us from the crowd and made us dance in the middle of Main Street in front of everyone. After that it was chaos.

We decided to leave for MGM during the parade while everyone was focused on that with the odd few focused on stalking Joe.

MGM was better, no one noticed Joe at all. It was great to walk around, holding hands with Mickey Mouse ears on eating ice cream. Joe snapped numerous pictures with his camera, some of us, some of me and some of our surroundings. Joe always loved creative things like film making and photography, he was very good at photography but he hardly got the chance to do it so when he did do it he enjoyed it.

“Will you stop taking pictures of me?” I whined, pushing the lens away from me.

“You’re just so gorgeous.” He said in a camp voice, snapping another picture of my amused face.

I headed towards a Disney store, with Joe following behind me. I stepped inside and immediately started laughing. Joe groaned as I grinned. I spotted a fake microphone in a bowl so I quickly grabbed it and jumped over to him.

“Finding our voice following our dreams, cause we rock! We rock! We rock on!” I sang loudly, ignoring the looks I got from the cast members and people shopping.

I danced around him like an idiot. I grabbed a microphone and tossed him it, “The louder we go well the better we sound! Cause we rock! We rock! We rock on!” We sang together, doing the dance moves along with it.

“We’re such retards.” I chuckled, putting the microphones back where I found them. “Come on, let’s hit the Tower of Terror then the Rockin’ Rollercoaster.”

Joe held out his hand for me, I slid my fingers between his with a smile. “Sounds like a plan.”

Time Lapse

We’d managed to meet up with Emma and Nick quite easily. Thanks to Joe and Nick’s last name we had managed to get onto the second floor of one of the food restaurants and then up onto the roof to watch the fireworks. The view from up there was spectacular, the best seat in the house for the fireworks display.

It was hard not to cry when the song ‘Wishes’ came on along with the fireworks, it was the song Joe and I sang on the anniversary of my fathers death. It was also one of my favourites songs as my dad used to sing it to me when I was little.

Paired with the magical display of graceful fireworks I couldn’t help but let a few tears slide, just watching it was emotional enough but to have a heart felt meaning behind it made the display even more meaningful.

I couldn’t have ended my birthday in a better way than on a roof top with the most amazing man in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated twice and I made this update extra long to make up for my lack of updates. My interent has been down :(

I have the next chapter written to get commenting, please?