Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

I found that picture, of you in that green dress

After our long day we hopped on a private jet to get back to Tampa in record time. Tired but happy we all stumbled off to our hotel rooms, Joe and I had managed to get one to share because I pulled the ‘it’s my birthday give me what I want’ card on my mother, Denise and Paul.

They agreed that it would be okay if we had an adjoining room with Kevin, the door between us wasn’t allowed to be locked so Kevin could check on us if needed.

“We’re home.” I whispered to Kevin who was still awake watching TV. I noticed Danielle had joined him.

Kevin looked to her then me, “She wanted to stay awake to say happy birthday to you but apparently I’m not exciting enough.”

“You’re very exciting Kevin.” He smiled at me appreciatively.

“Love you kid.”

“Love you Kev.” I smiled; he smiled back and settled back down in the bed with Dani. I closed the door quietly and hurried back to the bedroom. Joe was yet to give me my present but he had told me on the way to the hotel that it was there waiting for me.

I gasped at the sight before me.

Joe laid on the bed with a small ball of ginger fur climbing over him, a small kitten. I ran over to the bed and picked up the kitten. The ginger kitten was the most adorable thing I had ever seen in my life.

“You got me a kitten?” I couldn’t get the smile off my face as I cradled it against me. “I can’t believe you.”

“You always said you wanted one.” Joe smiled at me. He managed to pry the kitten from my hands, it immediately began to run around the bed, meowing excitedly as its paws sunk into the mattress. “It’s a boy, pick a name.”

“Hmm…” I looked at the cat, trying to figure out a name that suited him. “Muffins?”

Joe laughed, “Why Muffins?”

I shrugged, “It’s a good name.” I said defensively, picking up Muffins.

“That it is.” Joe answered stroking the kitten as he crawled across Joe’s stomach.

We played with the kitten, taking pictures of us both with Muffins and then pictures of us individually with him. Muffins eventually fell asleep so Joe placed him in his kitty bed then took some more pictures of him sleeping while I changed into some pyjamas which consisted of Joe’s boxers and a white vest.

Once we were both settled down on the bed again, Joe turned to me. “I have one more gift for you.”

From under the cover he pulled out a blue Tiffany and Co box, I covered my cave like mouth with a hand. He placed the box in my hand and I speedily opened it, inside sat the one thing all women wanted to receive; a Tiffany’s key. The platinum key looked so amazing that I was itching to touch it. It had a beautiful crown pendant covered in diamonds; exactly how I wanted it.

“I wanted to get you something you could wear all the time, I thought this would be perfect.”

Joe’s hands pulled the key and its chain from the box and put it around my neck, the chain stopped just past my breasts but the chain was adjustable making it even more accommodating for normal life.

“I don’t even want to know how much this cost.” I mumbled, looking at the key in the palm of my hand. “Thank you so much.” I told Joe, jumping forward and wrapping my arms around him.

I squeaked as he grabbed my legs and pulled me onto his lap. I laced my fingers around the back of his neck and pressed my lips to his. He pushed back at a nice pressure and continued to vary it as we kissed, “You deserve it.” He mumbled against my lips.

“I don’t, but I’ll take it anyway.” I joked making him laugh. “Come on, we have to be up at six to get on the tour bus.”

We both crawled under the covers and got comfortable. Joe lay behind me with his arm draped over my waist, his fingers pushed through my fingers with his palm on the top of my hand. He placed a goodnight kiss on my neck and we both fell asleep.

Time lapse…

I was relieved once tour was over. We had three weeks off in L.A to spend doing what we please before it was time to film Camp Rock 2. I was dancing in the movie which was exciting for me. Just being back in L.A and being able to hang out with friends was the best thing, I prefer L.A to Texas. There are more things to do in L.A and it’s just a beautiful place if you take the time to actually look at it.

Once we were back in L.A, I headed to the boys pad in Bel Air to stay with them. It was pretty late when we got there so I dragged my case into the guest room, changed into a white v-neck and some blue pyjama bottoms then shuffled into Joe’s room.

I frowned when he wasn’t there but I was immediately drawn to the collage of polaroids and regular photos on his wall. I smiled gleefully as I looked over them, until I spotted the one I hoped I’d never see on his wall. One that shouldn’t be there. One I was going to rip up into numerous pieces.

It was a picture of him and Amelia. Joe dressed in a suit and her in a short green dress, it was the night she got drunk and embarrassed him but this was taken before she was rolling around on the floor.

I pulled the picture from the wall and headed over to his desk, I picked up a black pen and scribbled out her face then ripped up the picture before dumping it all into the bin with a proud smile on my smug looking face.

Suddenly, inspiration struck.

“Nick!” I shouted as loud as I could, I began to run down the stairs then down to the basement studio. I could hear Nick following me, he knew that was my ‘I need you for music’ voice.

“What are you thinking?” Nick asked jumping down the steps two at a time.

I grabbed the guitar and began to freestyle.

“I found that picture, of you in the green dress.
He sure had a good time, cleanin’ up that mess.

He found thirty other pieces but he’ll never find them all.
Tried to tape them back together, now he knows to keep it off the wall.”


Nick was grinning, he quickly went to pick up another guitar. He sat for a moment, trying to come up with something but I thought of it before he did.

“’X’ is the shape I drew through your face in permanent marker, oh yeah.
Just like the mark you knew you were makin’.
Who do you think you are to write on his heart? In permanent marker.”


Nick help up his hand for a high-five. I slapped mine against his happily and nodded to him, “Create a first verse.”

“This is going to sound weird because I’ll be singing it from your point of view so, just letting you know. And I’ll try to remember the chords.” He said bashfully. “Urm…”

“I know he loved you, a long time ago.
I ain’t jealous of you, just thought you should know.

You were never good enough for him or anything like me,
So you might as well sit back cause I ain’t trying to show maturity.”


I picked it up from where he left off and sang the chorus and what I had just made up in my head along with an added hook. Within ten minutes Nick and I had perfected a new song, an easy, hilarious, relatable song.

I made a YouTube video of my new song with Nick and I both playing the song with me singing it, Joe and Kevin sat behind the camera listening to the song for the first time. I must say that Joe didn’t look too impressed with my song because he knew what it was all about.

“Thanks for watching you guys, follow me on twitter. Links are all in the sidebar, thank you to Nick who helped me with the song.” I said into the camera with a smile.

Nick smiled gave me a side hug, “You’re welcome.”

“Let me know what you think about the song in the comments, and my new hair.” I chuckled, “Til the next YouTube video!”

Kevin cut off the camera and I smiled. “That song is awesome.” Kevin high-fived me then gave me a hug. “Well, I’m off to bed.”

“Yeah, me too. Good song.” Joe told me, completely monotonously. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and I sighed, watching him disappear.

I sluggishly stood up and put my guitar back on the wall. “You should go and talk to him.”

“Nah, there’s no point. He won’t have a conversation with me.” I told Nick. “Night love.”

He stood up, hitched up his jeans then gave me a long hug. “I feel like writing a song.”

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before heading back up stairs to my guest room. It was good for Joe and me to spend a night apart. Too much time with a person can take its toll on the relationship with them, hence why Emma and Nick were spending a few days apart also but that was mainly so she could see her family for the first time since she left for tour with us.

I crawled into a cold bed by myself, wishing Joe was there to keep me warm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song used; Permanent Marker- Taylor Swift

I only got 7 comments for the double update I posted, which is shit. Please just leave me a comment, it isn't hard to do.

Thanks to the 7 who did comment, you're the best.