Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

So what are we doing then Joe?

The day after the song I didn’t see Joe at all, he was like a ninja, I could find him anyway.

Miley had invited me to go to Pinkberry with her the next day, so I jumped at the chance. Joe had been acting a bit weird with me that morning to I dressed in a baggy grey vest and some cropped jeans, put on some sandals and matching sunglasses. I packed my things into a gem embroided Valentino tote then put on my key necklace from Joe and headed out.

I hopped into my white, two door, Audi convertible with red leather interior and headed towards Pinkberry. I was surprised when I stepped inside and saw Miley, there were no press outside so I wasn’t expecting her to be inside.

“Hey.” I said to her as she stood up from the table to get some frozen yoghurt. I looked to the worker who was slightly in shock at Miley, “Can I have a large original with raspberries, strawberries, mango and fruit pebbles?”

“I’ll have the same.” Miley smiled pulling out her purse, I began to pull some money from my own when she slapped my hand. “I got it, my treat.”

I smiled and her and wrapped my arm around her waist. “Thanks.”

It was easy to take money from Miley, I once accidentally saw her bank balance account when she was getting out some money and since then, whenever she offered to buy me something I never felt guilty. It wouldn’t dent her wallet in the slightest.

We got handed our Pinkberry and went to sit outside in the sun, thankful that we weren’t getting bothered by paparazzi. I scooped up some frozen yoghurt and fruit onto my spoon and shoved it into my mouth.

“How come there are no stalkers?” I asked Miley with a smirk.

“I snuck out the house early this morning and just drove around, doing stuff until now.” Miley grinned putting her fruit filled delight into her mouth.

I sighed, “I feel bad for you. I don’t know how you do it.”

She shrugged and smiled at me, “It comes with the territory.” She pulled out her Blackberry and stared at it for a moment.

I chuckled as her mouth fell open and some yoghurt dripped out. “Wow, attractive Miles.” I hand her some napkins.

“Where was Joe last night?” She asked, still looking at the screen.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, I didn’t see him. He’s pissed at me.”

“So pissed he’d take his brothers girlfriend out for a dinner date?” Miley turned her Blackberry screen around.

“What?” I laughed out nervously snatching the phone from her. I read the article from Perez Hilton out loud. “Okay J.J, what is going on? Joe Jonas is supposedly dating his best friend, Julia Bell, and his younger brother Nick Jonas is supposedly dating Emma Woods. Yet, Joe was spotted leaving top restaurant Katsuya in West Hollywood after a date with Emma. We’re confused… what are you up to Jonas?

“Oh my God, is this a joke?” I said, my hand covering my mouth. “What are they doing? Seriously?”

Miley was still gawping, “Are you going to talk to him?” She tentatively asked, pity ringing from her every word.

“I…”

The more I thought about it the more what he had done was sinking in, it didn’t take long after that for me to start crying. “Aw, babe, don’t cry.”

I wiped away the tears as Miley stood up and came around to my side of the table, “Why would he do that though?”

“Why would she do that?” Miley contradicted. “Come on, you can come to mine and borrow some stuff for the pool party, it starts in two hours.”

I sniffled, “What about my car?”

“Follow me home and you can leave it at my place, then we can have a girl’s night in tonight.” I rubbed my head, not sure what to do. “Mandy and Demi are sleeping too.”

I looked up at her smiling as she wiped the make up away from under my eyes. “Thanks.”

“Come on, babe, time to get that ass a movin’!”

I drove behind Miley to her house where she dressed me in a pink cashmere kaftan, a black studded bikini and some white flip flops. I stole a pair of her dark blue Ray Bans Wayfarers and grabbed my Blackberry, Joe still hadn’t contacted me. I couldn’t stop staring at the screen.

I pulled my hair back into a messy bun as Miley and I headed to Demi’s home which was a short car ride away. “Are you going to talk to him?”

“I’m hoping we get there before them so he can approach me.” I admitted making her laugh.

Luckily, when we pulled onto Demi’s driveway there wasn’t a Jonas car in sight. “Looks like we’re in luck.”

Once Miley and I were inside we began to greet everyone, it scared me when I saw Nick sat by the pool with David Henrie. He gave me a smile as I sat down between Demi and Selena who immediately gave me a tight hug.

“I’ll talk to him.” Demi promised as I took off the pink over throw.

Miley chuckled devilishly, “I’ll punch him.”

I laugh at my friend but frowned when I saw Emma step out into the pool area with a girl by her side, someone I’d never met before. “She brought a friend for support, how sad.” Selena whispered.

Demi stood up to greet the two of them who, once Demi had began to walk back, stole a lounger and sat in the sun. Soon after Emma came the dreaded one, Kevin and Danielle. Danielle immediately ran over to me.

“Oh my God.” She whispered giving me a hug. “Has he tried to call you?” I shook my head, wrapping my lips around the straw of my drink. “Kevin was yelling at him the whole way here.”

“Speaking of driving, I didn’t bring my car so if I need to leave will someone take me?” Everyone chuckled, I smiled. “I will walk; I will walk down sunset in this bikini and shirt.”

I grinned as everyone hugged me. I watched Joe carefully from behind my sunglasses as he walked over to where Nick was sat. “Is he seriously going to do this here?” Selena said as we all watched, trying to hear over the music.

We faintly heard but definitely watched as Joe and Nick argued, David giving his input on Nick’s side occasionally. Nick got up and stormed inside, Jason Earles hot on his tail to keep him sane, motioning to everyone that he had it under control. Joe took Nick’s spot beside David who looked at him, ashamed.

I groaned as Emma stood up and began to walk over to me to tackle myself and the clan of girls around me. She sat down on the stool in front of me, looking at me as if I was supposed to talk first.

“It wasn’t a date, I promise you.” Were the first words to come out of her mouth.

“Katsuya’s wasn’t a date?” She shook her head and I laughed, “Emma you went and did a shady thing, behind my back with no intention of telling me. You just gave me every reason in the world not to trust you anymore.”

Emma cowered down from my stern and harsh words, “And, you better stop fucking around Nick as well, he’s my best friend and I care for him a lot.” Miley added.

“Look, I’m really sorry. I had no intentions of hurting you.” Emma had begun to cry at this point, “He just used me to get some message across to you.”

“Come on, I’ll sort you out.” Selena said with a sigh.

Selena took Emma away and soon after I followed with Demi, wanting to get another drink from the kitchen. I let out a frustrated groan as she poured some more diet coke into my glass.

I took it from her thankfully, “I’m tired of drama already.”

“You’re about to get another dose, Joe three o’clock.”

Demi pretended to busy herself with things in the kitchen when Joe entered and leaned on the counter across from me. “What are you doing?” I asked him.

“It wasn’t a date, we just went for a meal.” Joe sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“No Joe, a meal is like ‘hey lets go to Apple Pan or Milk’ or something, not ‘lets go out for dinner late at night when my girlfriend and I are arguing, oh, let’s make it Katsuya’s’.” I glared at him, pushing my sunglasses to the top of my head.

Joe sighed, “We aren’t arguing.”

“So what are we doing then Joe?” I exclaimed, “You just haven’t said a word to me for two days then you go on a date with your brothers girlfriend!”

“It wasn’t a date, we had dinner and coffee.”

My eyes widened as well as Demi’s, “You guys had coffee too?”

“I can’t have coffee with a friend now?” He shouted, “Is that it?”

“I’m not saying that but maybe you should ask your girlfriend if she wants to go for coffee, or for a meal. Or at least tell her where you’re going so she doesn’t read it on a website and cry on a street!” I shouted at him, crying again. I wiped the tears from my cheeks angrily.

Joe growled at me. “I can’t go anywhere or do anything without you questioning it. I can’t even skate with a friend without you going off on one with me.”

“Amelia is your ex girlfriend, and you were holding hands with her! How would you feel if I just went and found Leon then went out to dinner with him?”

Joe glared at me, fists balled up. “Don’t bring up Leon.”

I smiled inside once I saw that the mention of Leon was getting to him, making him feel hurt, just like I was feeling. But, I didn’t want him to be hurt, I still cared for him too much to hurt him just because he had hurt me. I stayed silent, we just looked at each other. How did we get to this? Was being together tearing apart our friendship? It sure looked like it. But, everyone has rough spots in their relationships and this is just one of ours.

I glared at Emma as she stepped into the kitchen and froze dead on the spot as she saw Joe and me. I swiftly grabbed my glass and stepped past Joe.

“I’m staying at Miley’s tonight.” I said regrettably to Joe. “Apologize to Nick at least, he’s your brother.”

I walked back out to the pool, my flip flops hitting off the flooring, then sat back down in my space under the sun. “Hey, smile for twitter.”

I stretched my neck out and pressed my lips to her cheek for her to snap the picture. She showed me the picture and I smiled. “I want a copy of that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, due to new Mibba rules, there will be no more links to outfits unfortunately. It sucks but you'll have to deal with reading my descriptions and doing your best to imagine. There's no point posting them in the A/N after I've written the whole chapter.

Please, drop me a comment. It doesn't take long.

Thanks for reading.