Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Magic eight ball

I looked at the magic eight ball in my hands anxiously. Miley stood next to me holding the flip video camera out in front of us.

“Should we eat a salad?” I asked it, I shook it and grinned as the answer came up ‘NO’. “Should we eat the ice cream in her freezer?” I shook it and cheered as it said ‘YES’.

“Let’s eat.” Miley cheered grabbing the tub and two large serving spoons.

Miley and I sat in her living room with a music channel playing in the background, eating ice cream, cuddling each other. I happily ate through the ice cream with her, singing along to the songs that came on.

But of course, I wouldn’t be left alone for long.

My Blackberry began to ring in the pocket of Miley’s hoodie that I had borrowed as I had no pyjamas. I picked it up from the table where it sat beside Miley’s and my heart lurched as Joe’s picture came up along with his name. I elbowed Miley and she looked at the screen and then winced.

“Do whatever you think is best.” Miley stood up to leave me alone.

I decided I should answer it, it’s rude to just cancel a call. “Joe?” I answered with a annoyed sigh.

“J-Jools, you answered. Um, thanks.” He stuttered out nervously.

I rolled my eyes, “Yes, I answered.”

“Um, well, what’re you doing?” He spat out.

I tried not to laugh, he obviously didn’t think I was going to pick up so he had no idea what to say. “Sitting on Miley’s sofa with ice cream and music. Joe, why are you calling me?”

“I wanted to talk to you.” He stated, still mumbling.

“Well then…” I snapped.

“Can we meet for breakfast tomorrow at Tart, around ten?” I could hear the hope in his voice so I couldn’t turn him down. “Please?”

I groaned quietly and rubbed my eyes, “Okay, I’ll be there.”

“Thank you, really.” He said.

I cut off the call, grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. “So, do I have to wake up in the morning for your brunch date?” Miley teased placing the ice cream back in my lap. “You’re mad.”

“I know.” I mumbled with the spoon already planted in my mouth.

Time Lapse…

Miley had left me an outfit out beside my bed the next morning and had packed my clothes into one of her bags along with my things. I didn’t remember falling to sleep, I’d have to thank her later for the cute gesture.

I changed into the maxi dress, gladiator sandals and square Ray Bans aviators. I grabbed the bag from the chair across the room, left a note for Miley then hurried outside to my car after seeing it was quarter to ten already.

Behind the wheel of my Audi I seemed to calm down a bit with the wind blowing in my curled hair. I managed to find a parking space, right where Joe’s large Mercedes environment killer was parked. I strutted down Fairfax Avenue towards the well designed, modern looking restaurant. I took a deep breath as I removed my sunglasses and put them into my, well, Miley’s handbag.

When I didn’t see Joe inside the restaurant I knew he’d be seated in the ‘backyard’ area as it was a lovely day.

I did spot Joe, arms folded and hunched over the table nervously. Once he saw me step outside he stood up, almost like a child would do if their teacher entered the classroom. I was glad to see that there were only two other people sitting outside, it would be a bit more private that way.

“Thanks for coming.” Joe blurted out then walked around to push in my chair for me before sitting back down. “I ordered a cinnamon raisin French toast for you.”

I looked at him with narrow eyes, he was definitely sucking it up. “That’s perfect, thanks.”

I picked up the glass of coke he had ordered me and took a sip; diet, he remembered. Of course he would. I pinched the straw between my fingers and moved it around in the glass waiting for him to say something. I placed the glass back down and folded my arms on the table.

Joe copied my action, bringing us closer together. “I can understand why you thought Emma and I went on a date, but Julia, you’ve got to realise that I never meant to hurt you.”

I raised an eye brow at him and leaned back as I spotted the waitress coming over with our food. She placed mine in front of me and put Joe’s triple cheese omelette in front of him too. “Thanks.” I said to her.

“What’s it going to take to get you to forgive me?” Joe asked desperately.

I cut off some of my food and ate it, “A ‘sorry’ would be a start.”

Joe frowned, “I haven’t said that yet?”

I shook my head and slurped up some coke, “Nope, you’ve just been witling on and on about how it wasn’t a date.” I smirked.

“I’m really sorry for hurting you. It was a stupid thing for me to do and I really just want us to be okay again.” He told me looking me directly in the eyes. Joe’s hand reached across the table and took mine, he smiled softly as I didn’t pull my hand out of his.

I knew that I was going to have to forgive him sometime, I couldn’t stay angry at him for too long. He had acknowledged his stupidity and apologised for it, he’d brought me out for breakfast and made an effort to make things right with me instead of sitting and doing nothing. He wasn’t being stubborn either. Joe really did want things to be okay with us again and I was the only thing stopping it from happening.

“Okay, we’re good.” I smiled at him whole heartedly.

The most adorable, toothy grin appeared on his face. He stood up and held out his hand for me, I took my hand in his and let him pull me to my feet into his arms. I rested my chin on his shoulder as he kissed my neck sweetly.

His hand gently held my face as he lent down to press a kiss to my lips. My heart went soaring into the sky as I got the familiar tingly feeling around my body making me feel weak at the knees. I got a bit too lost in the kiss then had to force myself to stop kissing him in public, when I pulled away and gave him a stern look he just chuckled.

“I’ve tried the secret relationships, they didn’t go so well. I don’t mind people knowing I’m with you. Anyway, you're different.” Joe smiled, pressing a kiss to my lips. “I’ll go pay the bill.”

I watched him walk into inside the restaurant with a smile. I grabbed my handbag from the floor and pulled out my sunglasses placing them back on my face. I headed back into the restaurant just in time to see the waitress handing Joe his card back.

I sauntered over to him and placed my hand in his, everyone in the restaurant watched us walk out together. I dawdled behind Joe’s large strides, it began to get annoying when I was practically jogging to keep up with his pace.

“Oi, slow.” I demanded pulling back on his hand to slow him down a bit. He jerked backwards to my side with a chuckle. I looked up at him with a cheesy grin that he returned, over exaggerating it.

“Did you drive yourself?” Joe asked and I nodded, dangling the keys I had been playing with in front of him. He playfully batted my hand away from his face.

We both headed to our cars, Joe stood at the drivers side of my Audi with me. Over his shoulder I managed to spot a hidden paparazzi behind a tree on the opposite side of the street. “Shutterbugs.” I said to Joe, nodding my head.

He spun around quickly and groaned. “Losers,” he manuvered himself so his back was to the man then pressed a kiss on my lips, “See you at home.”

I opened my car door, hoisted up the end of my dress then sat down. Joe shut the car door for me so I began to put the roof down, it was a gorgeous day. I put on my belt then got comfortable before taking off towards his home.

I got to the house before Joe so I stole his parking space and hurried inside the house, anxious in case he came onto the drive and saw me.

I headed into my guest room and smiled when I saw Elvis and Muffins sleeping on the bed together. I felt a wave of relief knowing he had taken a liking to the kitten instead of trying to kill him. Muffins and Elvis seemed pretty close already, the boys had done an excellent job introducing them. I wasn’t allowed near them while they did it because I was like a maniac wincing and moving nervously, worried Elvis was going to chew up my kitten and spit him back out.

I switched on the plasma TV on the wall opposite my bed, put on Disney Channel then crawled onto my bed. I laughed at the sound of Joe’s voice came through the speakers, Camp Rock was on, Muffins climbed onto my stomach.

I smiled as they began to play ‘Play My Music’. I put Muffins on the bed and jumped to my feet and began dancing around. By dancing I mean flailing my arms around and jumping up and down to the incorrect beat, almost like I had no rhythm what so ever.

“You’re so lame.” Joe commented from the door.

I ran over to him, grabbed his arms and forced him to dance with me. He just stood there smiling while I danced, moving his arms for him. I frowned when he refused to dance with me, “Fail.”

“Shut up.” I said to him, frowning. I switched off the TV, grabbed my Mac Book then crawled into bed.

He followed me onto the bed and watched me on my laptop as I perused the gossip websites, only OceanUp had something about me but they’re usually full of shit. I then moved onto twitter to read my @replies from people. The majority were of people asking about Joe and I, some were haters and some were nice. I replied to the nice ones.

“Just tell them.” Joe said to me casually, petting Muffins.

“Really?” I was genuinely shocked.

He nodded and winced as Muffins clawed his arm. I stared at the ‘What are you doing?’ box then moved my cursor over to it. my fingers tapped on the keys slowly as I typed out the message to my 500,000+ followers and the rest of the world.

Juliharrr So, I guess I’m allowed to tell you all that Joe and I are boyfriend and girlfriend… SURPRISE. :) Don’t kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm getting annoyed with the lack of comments. Remember how annoyed you probably get when your subscribers don't comment.

It's not hard to comment. CLICK HERE. 10+ Please? :)