Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Be nice to Olivia

After breakfast it was a rush to change in the bathroom or backroom, but I was quicker. I’d laid out my clothes and make up out in the bathroom so while everyone rushed to get their clothes out quickest and get to the bathroom, I was already there.

I changed into some light blue skinny jeans with a long cream sleeveless shirt with a blue cardigan warming up my arms. I put on some gladiator sandals then did my hair back into a messy bun. Then I did my make up; foundation with a line of liquid eyeliner of the top of my eye lid and some mascara.

I smirked as I heard banging on the door. “You cheated!” I heard Joe shout.

“Snooze you lose.” I retorted gathering all my things up, I shoved my Blackberry into my pocket then opened up the door.

Joe squeezed past me then shoved me out roughly. I frowned and walked to my bunk casually, squeezing past everyone who stood at theirs. I chose a bag then tossed random things into it, being careful not to get face planted against the wall.

Joe pushed his way out of the bathroom dressed in some black skinny jeans and a John Lennon shirt. “I’m going into the venue Olivia!”

“I’ll come with you.” I smiled and followed him out the bus, grabbing a smoothie from the fridge as I went.

The walk to the dressing room was unbelievably awkward, I kept drinking the smoothie to give myself something to do to distract me from the tension. We both went to the dressing room to dump our gear. Joe took a seat on the sofa and pulled out his laptop while I leaned against a wall with my drink, staring at him.

I cleared my throat hoping to get his attention, he looked up from the screen to me. “Yes?”

I winced at the venom in his tone, “Can we talk?”

“Sure.” He closed his laptop and placed it on the floor beside him.

I walked over to him and sat down on the table in front of him. I laced my hands together nervously and tucked some hair behind my ear. “I don’t know how we got to this point.”

“We just have nothing to talk about anymore.” He shrugged, rubbing his face in angst.

“We have nothing to talk about anymore because we never do anything. I feel like I’m putting so much effort into trying to make someone be my friend who just has no interest in being my friend anymore.” I explained, sniffing upwards in hope it would stop me crying.

Joe sighed, “No you don’t. When was the last time you asked me to do something with you?”

I gasped, “Two days ago I came up to you and said ‘Nick and I are going to the Dodger game you wanna come?’”

“Exactly!” He exclaimed, jumping to his feet. “You and Nick, you never ask me to do anything with just you.”

I shot to my feet also, letting out a laugh. “Since when did our friendship have to rely on me? You could ask me for once in a lifetime!” I shouted, not bothering to stop crying. “At least I ask you to do things, you’re always with Olivia.” I wiped the tears from my cheeks and felt my heart ache as some tears fell down his cheeks also. “You have no time for me and when you do it’s when it’s convenient to you. I’m not going to be a convenience to you Joe.”

I folded my arms over my chest stubbornly and waited for him to speak. After a long pause of silence, staring each other down, he sighed. “Can we just go back to being friends?”

“There’s nothing more that would make me happier. Because that’s all I want.” I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

“Okay, well you have to promise me one thing.” My once happy face fell at his words. “Be nice to Olivia.”

“No way!” I said, folding my arms. Joe raised and eye brow at me and stared me down, trying to force me into agreeing with him. I really wanted him to be my friend so I caved in and gave the slightest nod.

Joe wrapped me in his arms making my heart beat erratically with happiness. I hugged his toned torso and inhaled his never changing scent. I gripped the back of his t-shirt feeling the fabric between my fingers. Joe buried his hands into my hair and kept me close to him.

He let out a breath against my hair and then breathed in the smell. I tried my best to stop my legs from shaking under the sudden wave of emotions. I couldn’t think straight but I knew one thing, I felt an amazing connection being in his arms again.

I broke off the hug. Joe held his arms out and kept his hands on my shoulders as he looked me in the eyes. “We’re all going to dinner today, prove to me you’re going to try to be nice to Olivia.”

He kissed my forehead and smiled at me once more before retreating out of the dressing room. I closed my eyes and let out a long breath. Rapidly I fell backwards onto the sofa and laid across it, propped up on the arm of it.

I opened up twitter and posted out a tweet;

Juliharrr Well, that was something different. Going out to dinner tonight with everyone… everyone… should be interesting.

Just after I sent it out Olivia burst through the door and looked around the room. “Where’s Joe?” She asked, still sounding harsh.

“I don’t know, I’m here with you.” I retorted sharply, not looking up from the device in my hands.

She laughed sarcastically. “He’s supposed to be in here.”

I looked at her in disbelief then looked around the room. I replied, my voice laced with sarcasm. “Oh well, my mistake.”

“Don’t use that patronising tone with me. It’s not very friendly of you.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, because you’re the most friendly person in the world. A homophobic sadistic who tries to make innocent children eat haggis.”

She didn’t seem that discouraged, but she stomped her foot, let out a huff and left me in the room alone. I chuckled to my self and pushed my self off of the sofa and walked over to the gaming system.

I opened the large box to reveal a large plasma TV, X-Box, Wii, PS3… everything. I turned on the X-Box and grabbed a wireless remote. I decided to play some halo alone but soon got bored, it wasn’t as fun playing alone.

It was only a few hours later that I was standing at the barrier of the front row watching the Jonas Brothers perform on stage. Unfortunately I had to stand with Olivia and endure the sickening looks Joe would give her during the performance. Especially the hand actions that accompanied his love sick face when they performed ‘Battlefield’ with Jordin.

Olivia, Denise and I wandered out to the back of the venue and waited for the boys to wash and change quickly so we could have a really late dinner. A restaurant had opened their doors for us so it would be just us in there and it would be open at eleven at night.

I wore a navy dress with a floral skirt and a navy blazer with white hems warming my arms and torso while some flat black shoes comforted my feet. I held all my belongings in a black square shaped over the shoulder bag that went well with my outfit.

The fans all pressed against the gates, the group of them getting larger as more people left the arena. They saw the three of us and called us over, waved their arms and did everything to get their attention. Denise gave them a wave and a smile while Olivia just ignored them.

I looked to the tour bus door and decided they weren’t going to be out for another five minutes yet so before any security could stop be I ran across the parking lot and over to the fans. I didn’t sign autographs and they knew that but I did take pictures with them.

They nicely asked me questions and gave me things to give to the boys, which I promised to do. Soon my arms were filled and the boys were piling out of the bus, I knew that because of the epic amount of screams that were unleashed to my unaware ears. I waved goodbye to them and juggled the gifts back to the bus.

“Here let me help.” Kevin said quickly. He took some from me and followed me up onto the bus, “That was nice of you.” He smiled and kissed my forehead.

“I’m a nice person.” I said following him down the steps and into the tinted out SUV.

I climbed in the middle seat next to Nick and rested my head on his shoulder. “Why don’t you sit next to me for this ride? Olivia can sit with Nick.” Joe suggested.

I looked at him, shocked but happy. “S-Sure.” I stuttered out and climbed into the backseat with him while Olivia reluctantly moved forward to sit with Nick.

Joe put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. “You’re always my favourite.” Joe whispered into my ear.

Then Big Rob drove off, leaving behind all my doubts that Joe and I weren’t friends again.