Status: NEEDS REWRITING!!

***NEED WORK

Chapter 21: Returned

“---Zavius…Hey, Zavius.

Someone was tapping my cheek, the touch slapping lightly against my face.
I stirred, groaning.
“Wake up, you need to get ready.” the male voice said.
Slowly, my heavy lids lifted and I immediately recognized the head of silver and black looming over me.
“How did you get in?” I asked groggily.
Sarvwen straightened and took a step back, giving me some space.
“The door was unlocked; I let myself in.” he said.
I went to ask another question when he continued.
“Thya sent me, and she also asked me not to ask questions.”
I stared at Sarvwen and he gazed back neutrally.
“You’re really not going to ask anything?” I questioned skeptically.

Sarvwen sighed, his eyes skimming across the trashed room. He raised an eyebrow at whatever he saw before turning back to me.
“Hmm.” he let out, sounding either bored or put out. “Even if I were to ask, where would I begin?”
I snorted, oddly amused.
“Uh, I don’t know, somewhere like ‘What the hell did you do, kid?’ or ‘Why is your dwelling trashed?’ Or maybe where Thya started; ‘Deus! What did you do to your hand?’” I almost slurred, lazily punching my right fist at him.
Sarvwen caught my wrist and I saw his expression harden.
Deus, Zavius!” he muttered in a hushed tone.
I let out a bored hum.
“Eh…that’ll work too.” I said dismissively.
I let Sarvwen pull at and inspect the raw cuts on my knuckles before he got up.
“Don’t move.” he ordered before he zipped away.
“Come back soon,” I yelled after him, feeling really obnoxious.

Why the hell was I feeling so…intoxicated?

Sarvwen was back already, and he had something square in his hand. It was a medical box.
He immediately dropped next to the couch and got to work on the cuts on my hand.
“What you did, why your dwelling is trashed or why you felt the need to punch your fist through the mirror is beyond me.” he said, sounding stern. “But this is unlike you and I don’t like the secrecy.”
“How d’you know it was a mirror?” I muttered, not liking the tone he was giving me.
Sarvwen let out a small aggravated sigh, as he worked on my hand.
“The only thing in this room that looked like it took a direct hit from your fist is the mirror---or rather what’s left of it.” he said.
He pulled out a roll of bandage gauze and started on wrapping my knuckles.
“You’re not healing.” he noted, finishing with the gauze.
He felt along the bones of my forearm before he reached over and tapped my sternum twice. I saw him frown before tapping my sternum once more.
“Zavius, look at me.”
I turned my gaze lazily up at Sarvwen. His brow was scrunched as if something was bothering him. His eyes narrowed slightly at what he saw.
“What is it?” I asked, disturbed.
“When did this whole rampage in your dwelling start?” he asked, not answering my question.
I grimaced, struggling to think back on the events of the past few days.
“Uh…three? Maybe four days?” I said, unsure. But then I frowned. “Wait what time is it now?”
“It’s early morning, almost four I would think.” he said.
He got up, straightening to a stand. I really didn’t like his serious expression; it made me feel like I was being scolded.
“Zavius, I don’t know much about this Seventh Sense and its particular ability of sight, but it’s imperative that you learn how to control it soon, if not now.” he said.
I stared at him, confused. Slowly, I pulled myself off of my back and sat up.
Seventh Sense?” I echoed, starting to sober up.
“Yes; your new found ability.” Sarvwen said, sounding impatient and exasperated. “You need to figure out how to keep it under---”
“Whoa, hold it.” I said, cutting him off. “First of all, the Seventh Sense is not my ability; it’s something anyone can learn to use. Besides, I haven’t even figured how to use it.”
I got up from the couch and made my way to my bedroom. Sarvwen followed without a word.
“It’s just as Sir Ravador had said; it’s an ability I need to learn how to turn on and off. Since that day in the Hall, I haven’t tried to…uh, bring up the Seventh Sense.” I said over my shoulder.
I maneuvered around my unmade bed and scooped the Immortal Perception and Discovered Senses off of the bedside table. I quickly flipped through the pages to the right chapter.
“Here,” I said, passing the book to Sarvwen. “The section that says ‘An Immortal’s Seventh Sense.’”
Sarvwen quickly read the page before looking back at me.
“This is quite an ability, Zavius.” he said, closing the book. “All the more reason why you need to learn to control it.”
He set the book down onto the bed and walked into the bathroom. Frustration attacked me and I growled under my breath, trying to keep myself in check.
“You make it sound like it’s something easy.” I said, following him into the bathroom. “I don’t even get the whole big deal with this is.”
“I didn’t mean to sound like that.” Sarvwen said calmly, sliding the mirror up to open the medicine cabinet. “Let’s have you sit down---”
“I have things, bigger issues to worry about, things I can’t even begin to think about how to solve. These thoughts---my mind…ugh! My mind can’t even think straight anymore!”
“It’s alright, just calm down.” Sarvwen was saying, as he returned the medicine box back onto its shelf. “I need you to just stay still.”
He reached up and grabbed the mirror to pull it back down. I took a few steps forward towards him.
“How could you just say ‘it’s alright,’ when you don’t know anything?” I demanded. “You have no idea. No.”
Sarvwen stared at me, his expression clouded. He pulled the mirror back down, closing the cabinet.

My eyes landed right on my reflection.

First came the stunning cold that shot through me. Next was the confusion and disbelief before I quickly came to a crash landing finale: fear.
My eyes; it was my eyes.
The emerald green hue of my irises pierced through me with the full power of its harshness, unrelenting and sharp. But the sharpest cut came from the menacing, cold and savage gaze of my slit pupils. Animalistic, and fearsome.
I couldn’t look away, these eyes too foreign, too cruel---

---too demonic.

“That’s the face of your Seventh Sense.”

My gaze flickered to my left, looking at the reflection standing over my shoulder. Sarvwen was standing by the door of the bathroom, his expression serious.
“The mood swings, fluctuating Pulse, and the seemingly impaired, inebriated state of being.” he said, making a whole list. “And I’m willing to bet that it’s due to that ability draining your Energy.”
I wheeled around, fully facing him.
“What’s wrong with me?” I asked, my voice taut.
“You’re in the early stages of Energy Ensanguination.” he said.
He then took a step towards me.
“Sorry, this is going to hurt a bit.” he said.
Before I could even think about questioning what he meant by that, I felt something solid collide into my solar plexis, hard. I didn’t even see it coming.
I gagged, my body doubling over in pain and shock as my muscles clenched in response. Half a second later, I realized what had hit me.
Sarvwen lowered me to the ground and waited for me to recover.
“Sorry.” he said again, sounding more worried than apollogetic.
I was gasping; forcifully willing my lungs to expand. A solid wave of hot needles shot through my body, reaching all the way to my fingertips in a soft burn.
I hissed, shuddering at the sensation.
“You…you punched me.” I managed to spit out. “What was that for?”
“I promise it wasn’t anything personal; I just stopped your Energy flow.” Sarvwen said, patting my shoulder comfortingly. “You won’t be able to heal that hand of yours at the normal rapid rate, but it will ensure that you won’t bleed yourself out Energy-wise. That should’ve also returned your eyes back to normal.”
That got me moving. I shot back onto my feet and spun myself back around to the sink. A heavy shaky sigh of relief erupted from me when I saw the familiar blue eyes staring back at me.
I was normal again.

Sarvwen shifted away from me then, starting for the door.
“Hurry up; get dressed. We’re already late.” he said.
I frowned and turned back.
“Late? For what?” I demanded.
“We were Summoned to Elder’s Hall.” Sarvwen’s voice called from my bedroom.

…Elder’s Hall.

I stepped out of my bathroom and found Sarvwen sitting at the edge of my bed, leafing through the pages of the Immortal Perception and Discovered Senses.
“Sir Elder Ravador has returned,” I said.
Sarvwen lifted his eyes from the ivory pages, and gave me one still gaze. It did not make me feel better.
“Hurry.” he said. “You do not want to test him today.”

* * * * *

The new uniform was comfortable and felt good-as-clean against my skin, despite the abuse and neglect I had already put it through. There was not even a single wrinkle in the fabric, even though it was left drenched in a pile on the floor for three days.
I zipped up the jacket all the way to my chin and adjusted the collar tucked against my neck. My hands brushed down my arm and torso in a self-checking manner over the form-fitted gear as I swiftly strode into my bathroom.
I reached the sink and looked myself over in the reflection of the mirror. I groaned at the mess my hair was, cowlicks sticking here and there at odd angles. Desperately, I tugged and pulled at the mess, combing my fingers through in attempt to stop my hair from defying gravity.
I already had a feeling things were not going to go smoothly, and this was only a Summon. There was no plan to follow. Hell, I don’t even know what this Summon is about.

“Zavius,” Sarvwen called from the Living room, warning in his tone.
“I’m almost ready; hold on.” I called back.
I gave one more glance at the mirror before I gave up. Let’s face it; no one’s perfect.

I rushed out of the bathroom, passed through my bedroom and out into the living room. Sarvwen was waiting by the door, his arms crossed casually as he lead against the wall. He raised an eyebrow at my attire when he saw me emerge from my room.
“New gear,” he noted.
I grimaced.
“Yea, my old one…was burned.” I said.
“I know.” Sarvwen said, smiling slightly. “I was there.”
A rush of panic shot through me but then I remembered that Mivian was the one who had burned my jacket off first.
“Oh…yea.” I said tightly. “…We should get going.”

We left my dwelling without another moment wasted, and started out way to Elder’s Hall. Though I was glad that Sarvwen wasn’t asking questions, the silence was letting my mind drift back to Thya, and the she-conscience.
Did Thya find her? Is she-conscience okay? When can I finally meet her?
My hands curled into a tight fist by my side as we walked, anxiety building.

With passing time, I noticed that the heavy fog that was weighing on my mind lifted some, calming me significantly. For the first time in what felt like a lifetime I could think somewhat straight. But still…

“Hey Sarvwen?” I asked, breaking the silence between us.
Sarvwen glanced over to me, almost looking surprised.
“Mmm?” he said in response.
We didn’t slow down as we continued our way through the halls. I sighed.
“You…you’re really not going to ask anything?” I asked.
I saw Sarvwen’s expression freeze, not so much really in a negative way but more out of being startled. He blinked and gave me another sideway glance.
“Why are you asking me about my lack of questions when you don’t want me asking them anyways?” he returned, looking at me curiously.
I shrugged, trying to hide a squirm of discomfort.
“Yea, but…doesn’t it bug you that you don’t…know?” I asked. “You’re helping me, but I’m leaving you in the dark. Doesn’t it piss me off?”
Sarvwen let out a low hum, his expression becoming thoughtful.
“Well, I don’t like being left out. Who does?” he said. “But from what I know, from what little Thya has told me and what I saw of your dwelling, you’re just trying to keep things under control.”
He flashed me a small smile.
“I’m not angry. It’s just a big problem you guys are trying to get a grip on and I can respect that. I trust both of you guys to know you aren’t doing anything wrong. But you should know that when you need help or you want to talk, you can trust me too.”
“I know I can trust you.” I told him. I sighed heavily, feeling defeated.
“It’s just…even I’m not sure what’s going on. And so many things---too many things had happened, I’m really overwhelmed. Almost none of them makes sense in my head.”
I frowned and glanced at Sarvwen.
“Do you get what I mean?” I asked.
Sarvwen blinked at me before he broke into a light, soft laugh.
“What?” I demanded, feeling stupid.
Sarvwen shook his head, recovering.
“Sorry, it’s just that at the moment you looked like you were about to cry from frustration. Like a child would when forced to think too hard.” he said.
I scowled, looking away.
“Shut up,” I muttered, earning another laugh from him.
“It’s okay, I don’t fully understand the situation, but I can certainly relate.” Sarvwen said. “Least to say, I’m glad I’m not in your shoes. Just let me know when things get any more out of hand.”
I didn’t reply, my head clouded with thoughts.
Weren’t things already too ‘out of hand’? Was it ever under control?
I breathed out heavily and turned my eyes back forward.
“What is this Summon about, anyways?”
“It can be pertaining to a number of things.” he said. “Our new Training assignments, maybe? Seeing that we can’t be in the main Training Grounds…”
I noticed a pause in Sarvwen’s tone and I glanced at him. His expression was clouded, troubled.
“Sarvwen?” I asked.
Then I remembered what he had said earlier, back in my dwelling.”
“Is there something wrong with Sir Elder?”
“Ah, no. Nothing’s wrong with him. It’s just…”
---Just? Just what?

We took a turn to the left into a hall, leading into a transfer checkpoint and stopped when a figure suddenly flashed into our view.

“You two,” an exasperated tone came.

“Mjoré,” I said, immediately recognizing the tone.
Sarvwen stepped forward, meeting the superior Guardian half-way.
“Have we kept everyone?” he asked.
Mjoré sighed, shaking her head.
“No, you’re fine. We’re still waiting for Mivian and Thya.” she said. She smiled but the gesture seemed to be forced. “You’re still early.”
Sarvwen let out a heavy breath, sounding relieved.
“Could you take us up?” he asked.
“Certainly.” Mjoré replied.

I reached forward and grabbed Sarvwen’s shoulder just as everything around me went white.
The howling of the wind settled and I felt my feet hit the ground. I kept my grip on Sarvwen’s shoulder as I waited for my sight to catch up.
“Mjoré, what’s up with all the tension?” I asked. “Did something happen?”
Mjoré didn’t reply immediately, and I could hear the hesitation in her silence.
“I can’t say, but you’ll find out soon enough.” she said. A sudden know started to form in the pit of my stomach.
My sight fully returned and I found myself staring down the long walk down the Elder’s Hall.
“Come on, then.” I heard Sarvwen say, starting forward.
I dropped my hand from his shoulder and rushed to keep up.
“Did we do something wrong?” I demanded, taking care to keep my voice low and my eyes forward.
“No, I don’t think so.” Sarvwen replied in an equally low voice. “Why? Do you somehow feel at fault here?”
“No.”
“Then don’t worry about it.” Sarvwen said. “I don’t think he’s angry with us, but…”
But…?

As we drew closer, Sir Elder’s desk came bigger in our view. Varsalo and Zarda was already there standing before the desk, though they stood separated by a safe distance of a few yards. I saw Zarda turn as I approached, and he gave me a small wave. Something about my brother felt weird, maybe it was the clouded, or the slight hunch in his posture…
My eyes flickered forward and my eyes landed right on the great desk.

Sir Ravador was sitting at his desk, elbows on the flat surface and his fingers pressed together. His eyes were closed and he looked as if to be focusing on something, his hands resting in front of his jaw, hiding any form of expression.
He was stone still…too still for it to be safe.
I could already feel what Sarvwen had meant; the air was very heavy over my shoulders, and the obvious tension made my skin crawl.

---Something was definitely wrong.

I automatically drifted towards Zarda and stood next to him. I felt Sarvwen come to stand next to me.
I glanced to my left at my twin, and found him staring back. Zarda met my eyes and gave me a small smile. It was an old nervous habit…our nervous habit. He felt the tension too.

“Sir,”

I recognized Druce’s stern voice and I heard his brisk footsteps drawing closer and closer.
“Thya and Mivian have arrived.” he said.

Sir Ravador didn’t reply, or even give a sign that he had heard. We waited in silence for a response, an order; anything.
Two lighter footsteps hurried towards our group to join us. I didn’t have to look to know.

“Sir Elder,” Thya addressed, her tone serious.

Sir Elder Ravador opened his eyes, his even gaze still and smoldering.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! Sorry for the delay; clearly, things didn’t go according to plan.
But I am already working on making it up to you guys! I know there isn’t much going on as of late in these updates…not enough to rack up a lot of feedback. XD

Hehe, as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. No action, whatsoever, just Thya-n’-Zavius quality time for the most part.
But those chapters, and this one isn’t exactly a useless chapter; it had to happen.

So if you guys have questions or confusion as to what is happening, comment or message me. =D I will gladly answer all questions to the best of my ability, so long as they are not spoilers.