Moment

Christmas Day

December 25, 2007

“Callie,” he breathed in her ear.

“Noooo, sleepy time Jack Jack,” she mumbled into her pillow.

Jack chuckled, “No, no present time, c’mon Callie bear.”

“No sweepy time right now. Lay with me,” she mumbled burying her face farther into the pillow, curling her body into a tighter ball under the covers.

“Up, up, present time!” Jack screeched.

“Jaaaaaack,” she muttered throwing her hands over her ears.

“Callie,” Jack breathed into her ear. “Get up,” he announced pulling the covers away from her. She curled up into a tighter ball muttering a string of curse words. Jack laughed and picked her up and cradling her in his arms. She laced her arms around his neck and snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

“C’mon Rajah,” he called the sleeping kitten.

Rajah stretched before jumping off the bed and running ahead of Jack into the living room.

He laid Callie on the floor by the tree and sat down next to her pulling her into his lap. He draped a blanket over her lap and handed her one of his hoodies to slip on. She snuggled against his chest and he heard a, “Mmmrope.”

Jack chuckled and replied, “What?”

She kissed his neck and laid her head on his shoulder as he pulled a small present forward handing it to her. She took the bow off the present and placed it on the gray tabby’s tiny head and tore open the wrapping, revealing a small navy velvet box.

She snapped open the lid to reveal a small, silver giraffe on a silver chain. Callie turned her head and kissed Jack on the lips smiling into them. “I love it,” she whispered, then chuckled with Jack as Rajah began playing ferociously with bow.

She picked it up out of the box and he helped her put it on. “It reminded me of the time at the zoo,” Jack explained, a small smirk playing on his lips.

“It came out of nowhere!” Callie exclaimed.

Jack chuckled, “I think he liked you, or at least your ice cream.”

Callie pouted, “That was the best fucking mint ice cream I’ve ever had, and Larry stole it after I had three bites!”

Jack laughed and shook his head. “But I bought you another one, it’s not my fault you dropped that one. I can’t help that you’re clumsy,” he teased.

Callie took the bow Rajah had abandoned to sniff at the boxes and threw it playfully at Jack’s face as he continued to laugh. “Just for that, mister, you aren’t getting your presents.”

“No fair!” Jack replied in horror.

“Ha!”

Jack pouted and then roamed his fingers to her sides, lifting the hoodie and her tank up slightly to prickle her sides. She jumped up and screamed “No! No, stop!”

“Let me have my presents!”

“No!” Callie laughed.

“Then feel my wrath, muwahahaha,” Jack tickled her more.

“No!...Jack…stop!” she choked out between breaths, “I…can’t…breathe!”

“Let me have my presents!”

“No!”

“Rajah, attack!” Jack laughed as the kitten pounced onto Callie’s lap.

“Fine!”

Jack stopped and Callie fell limp into his lap, petting Rajah. “I’m gonna straight up murder your ass,” she said in between hiccups.

Jack chuckled and said in a childish voice, “Gimee pweasents!”

Callie shook her head before leaning back and grabbing a light, medium size box wrapped in penguin wrapping paper. She leaned back up with his left hand guiding her back and placed it in front of him on her now empty lap.

He grabbed the bow and placed it on Callie’s head before tearing open the wrapping and clawing at the tape trapping the object inside. After a minute of Callie laughing at his stressful attempt to break the tape from the paper, he opened it and threw the tissue paper off to the side and stared down at the object lying inside.

He slowly pulled out the familiar penguin and looked back up at Callie with a cocked eyebrow.

Callie just smiled lightly back at him and after a minute of silence between the two, she sighed and explained, “He’s our penguin. Mine and yours; so I want you to have Panchali this year.”

Jack set the penguin beside him and laced his fingers with hers before kissing her forehead. “I owe that penguin so much,” he whispered giving her an Eskimo kiss.

She grinned at him and quickly pecked his nose before kissing his lips softly.

“So when do I get to open you,” he broke the moment and wiggled his eyebrows at her.

Callie dropped her head into his collarbone and shook her head. “Why do you have to do that?” she chuckled looking back up at him.

He grinned like a little kid and ran his fingers across the skin just above her boy shorts, causing a slight intake of breath to escape her lips. “After we finish opening presents,” she answered.

“And we are not opening them fast!” she finished as he attacked a random gift on the floor.

He stopped and pouted before they both opened Rajah’s gift for him and then moving back to the rest of theirs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firsttttt of all, this chapter was inspired by a Christmas one shot Andi wrote for me. You can read it here.

Second of all, I adore this chapter.

Third of all, in case you missed it (since I added it like an hour after I posted the last chapter), I changed the first chapter day from January 09 to Christmas 08. Just seems more fitting to me, I don't know.

Fourth of all, this story has five stars, which I think is amazing and I love you all. <3

ALSO i promise this story is going somewhere...I'm just trying to build up the relationship through the memories. the next year of the relationship has a lot more going on.