Moment

Chapter 17

February 4, 2008

Jack woke up disoriented and with a massive headache. He could feel the awkward bunching of his clothes that had skewed on his body during the night. He rubbed his eyes before peeling them open with a groan. Light was shining through a small crack in the curtain to his left. He closed his eyes again and twisted his body over on his right side before groping around the nightstand. He felt a bottle of water and squinted at the table to find the Advil. After swallowing the pills, he laid his head back on the pillow and mumbled, “Fuck.”

After about ten minutes of waiting for the medicine to kick in, he rolled off the bed and found his shoes. He ruffled his hair and walked out of the room and down the hallway into the living room. Rian was sitting on the couch watching some cartoon and turned when Jack entered.

“You look like shit bro,” Rian pointed out.

Jack shot him a glare before throwing himself in the seat next to his friend. “What time is it?” Jack asked searching for his phone.

“Nine fifteen,” Rian answered holding out Jack’s phone.

“Thanks,” Jack replied taking the phone and checking. No calls, no texts, nothing. He stared at the small device before resting his head back. “I messed up, didn’t I?”

Rian shrugged, “It happens. I’d go over there though, need a ride?”

“Yeah,” Jack sighed before standing.

Rian stood and grabbed his keys before the two guys walked out to the driveway and slid into the car. The ride was silent as Jack stared off out the window. He could see Rian out of the corner of his eyes furrowing his eyebrows while he drove easily toward the apartment building.

When they arrived, Rian stopped the car and before Jack could finish opening the door, Rian stopped him with a few words, “You were wrong, she’s right, you’re going to fix it. Good luck.”

Jack stared at Rian before nodding his head and getting out. “Thanks,” he added before shutting the door and jogging up to the door of the apartment building.

After what felt like an eternity in the elevator, Jack stepped out onto the third floor. He walked slowly towards the apartment door and shoved his key into the lock. He took a deep breath before slowly turning the knob and stepping into the brightly sun-lit room.

He scanned the room and found Callie’s shoes strewn on the floor leading a path to the bedroom. He walked cautiously forward noticing the jeans she was wearing about five feet from the door. He walked through the cracked door and saw her shirt thrown halfway across the room and heard the rushing of water from the bathroom.

The bed sheets were haphazardly strewn across the bed along with a few tissues and a finished bottle of vodka littering the nightstand. Rajah was lying in the middle of the bed staring at the bathroom and turned his head when Jack entered. He glared causing Jack to raise an eyebrow. That cat was taking his role as Callie’s protector a little too well. Her cell phone was lying on the end of the bed and opened to a new text. Jack saw the letters “Jack, I” and he picked up the phone and, feeling slightly guilty, looked quickly through her outbox. There were numerous canceled texts to him. He looked up at the bathroom and set the phone back down on the bed.

Jack stepped over the threshold into the dimly lit bathroom and listened. He heard a small whimpering and what sounded like a choke. His heart sank at the sound and he quickly and quietly undressed.

He took a deep breath before cracking open the shower curtain and stepping in. Callie was turned facing away from him with her head in her hands while she stood right in front of the running water. He cautiously stepped forward and wrapped his arms gently around her middle.

Callie jumped slightly at the move and then her hands slid down to positioning right over his. He nuzzled his head into her neck before she turned in his hold and stared up at him with noticeably teared eyes.

“I’m sorry,” they both whispered at the same time.

Callie let out a snivel before hugging Jack tightly. He hugged back just as tightly and kissed her hair wherever he could reach. “I’m so sorry Callie, so very sorry.”

Callie leaned up a little farther and pushed herself until there was no space in between them. “I know, Jack,” she whispered. “I’m sorry for that. I know you care, I know, I just…I was disappointed, you know? And I know it’s hard for you with touring to just go fly back here for a day, that’s crazy. I’m sorry,” she rambled.

“Shhh,” Jack breathed, rubbing her back soothingly. “I’m going to try harder, I promise. I've done crazier shit,” he grinned into her hair as he felt her chuckle slightly into his chest.

They stood in silence for another minute before Callie shifted her head to look up at him. Then her lips met his in a slow synchronized movement. Jack leaned slightly forward which cause their heads to be just under the running water. Callie smiled slightly sending one onto Jack’s face.

As the water streamed down their faces, Callie’s right hand traveled to Jack’s hair as his traveled to her side. Her left hand traveled to his side while his cupped her neck. She moved slightly to her left, Jack following and ended up against the wall of the shower with her back arched slightly into his body.

Callie giggled slightly and mumbled, “Excited much?”

“Mhm,” Jack mumbled back sliding his right hand up and down her side. Then he moved his lips down to her neck and collarbone causing a small moan be heard from the back of her throat.

“Jaaaack,” she whined.

Jack smiled into her skin before moving his face back up to hers. She moved the wet bangs out of his face and smiled up at him.

“Forgive me?” Jack pouted.

“You’ll try harder?” Callie asked hopefully.

Jack nodded his head. “A lot, a lot.”

Callie giggled before wrapping her arms around Jack’s neck, “Okay then,” and kissed him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm already on chapter 17? 0.o
Damn, haha.

Uh Warped was good yesterday, well it was boring during the middle of the day, but otherwise good. Valencia<333333333 and I'm so fucking proud of ATL, they're grown so much since they're boring little Atlanta crowd at Warped two years ago :')