Moment

Day Off

March 2008

Jack grabbed his bags, said goodbye to the guys and walked into the not so crowded airport. He walked drowsily up to the counter to get his bags checked. After taking his bags, he walked through security feeling slightly uncomfortable as they probed him with the wand then located a seat in the semi-empty airport.

He looked down at his cell phone, read “2:37 am” on the screen and groaned. “Too earlyyyyyyyyy,” he mumbled and tried to find a comfortable position to wait another hour for his flight back to Maryland.

He played every game on his iPhone, grabbed some breakfast, and checked his email before his flight was called. He slowly got up and walked up to the line heading for BWI. Once settled into his seat, he sent a quick text to Matt saying he got on the plane fine and shifted into a comfortable sleeping position. He was going to need to be awake enough to make sure he didn’t fall asleep any during his day with Callie. He couldn’t wait to see her face when he randomly showed up later that morning to spend the day with her.

He smiled to himself before falling asleep to Something Corporate playing softly in his ears.

&&&

Jack stepped off the plane with a smile on his face. It was just after eleven thirty and therefore would have almost a whole day with Callie before he had to go back to tour. He grabbed his bag and hailed a cab.

He dialed Callie’s number when they were about ten minutes from the house.

“Hey bug-a-boo,” Callie sang into the receiver.

“Hey you. What are you up to?” Jack asked nonchalantly.

“Erm, I don’t know yet. I think I might go get lunch in a little while with anybody who’ll go with me and then after that I’ll improvise,” she chuckled. “What are you up to today? You have the day off, right?”

“Yeah. Oh you know whatever comes to mind,” Jack answered vaguely with a smirk playing on his lips.

He could almost see Callie nod her head before she whined, “I’m so bored!”

Jack chuckled. “I’m sure you won’t be for much longer,” he said as they turned down the street to the parking lots.

Callie sighed, “Yeah I know. Anyways, how was the show last night?”

“Excellent, I got around 20 bras,” he joked.

“You whore,” Callie teased.

“What can I say the ladies can’t keep their clothes on when I’m around,” he continued, taking his bag out and paying the fare.

“All training bras?” Callie asked.

Jack pouted and then sighed defeated, “Yeah mostly.”

Callie laughed. “I miss you,” she said truthfully as Jack walked up the last flight of stairs.

“I miss you too,” Jack whispered back as he stopped in front of the door and knocked.

“Hey hold on someone’s at the door,” Callie said curiously.

“Mmkay,” Jack said grinning in spite of himself.

The door opened and Callie’s phone fell from her hand to the floor and her eyes grew widely. “JACK!” she screamed happily jumping into his arms as he dropped his bag to catch her.

He spun her around as her legs attached around his waist. “Hey baby,” he mumbled into her lips as she kissed him several times.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, “Not that I’m complaining,” she said with a smirk.

“I’m spending my day off with you,” Jack answered.

Callie grinned widely before hugging him tightly.

Jack kicked his bag into the apartment and carried Callie inside, closing the door behind him. As soon as the door shut Callie kissed him passionately.

Jack followed along and carried her towards the bedroom while she took off his jacket and shirt. He stumbled into the bedroom and set her down on the bed before crawling on top. They reattached lips almost instantly before Jack pulled her shirt over her head, breaking the kiss for just a second. She fumbled with the belt buckle before pushing down his jeans with his help. He slid her pajama pants down with ease before moving to her neck as she crawled farther up the bed.

An hour later the two curled up into each other. Jack set the alarm clock for an hour from then so that they could get up and go out.

“I’m so glad you came home,” Callie mumbled into his chest.

“Me too, that was amazing,” he said with a smirk.

He felt Callie grin into his chest.

“Go to sleep, we’ll go out in a little bit, okay?” Jack mumbled, kissing her hair.

&&&

An hour and a half later Callie and Jack were on their way to lunch at Panera. As Jack drove he held her hand and smiled as she talked animatedly about Rajah.

They spent lunch sitting very closely on the same side of the booth joking and cuddling. Jack noticed how Callie glowed the entire day and couldn’t keep the smile off of his lips.

“Now where?” Jack asked her as he opened the passenger door for her.

“You mean you had no plan?” she teased.

“Whatever comes to mind,” he repeated to her.

“How about…” Callie trailed off thinking.

“I know,” Jack announced a minute later with a smirk. He drove off down the streets and parked at the park.

Callie smiled before Jack got out with her and he ran to the swings. Callie laughed as he stood on the swing and rocked back and forth, thrusting his hips out.

“You don’t laugh when I do it in bed,” he smirked.

Callie rolled her eyes before going behind him and pushing him forward and then sitting in the swing next to him. “I bet I can jump farther than you!”

“You’re on,” he said sitting down and pushing off the ground at the same time she did.

After Jack somehow tripped in mid-jump, landed on his face, whined that he scraped his knee, and had Callie kiss it, they abandoned the swings and made their way over to the jungle gym.

It was like their first date all over again, Jack chased Callie through the jungle gym, catching her at the end of the slide in a fit of giggles.

“GEESE!” Jack yelled suddenly, running over to the flock of birds waddling around the grassy area. He chased them around the field, to the amusement of Callie until one of the geese pecked at him.

“Aw c’mon, let’s go home, I’ll patch that up for you,” Callie cooed. She laughed as he pouted and walked back to the car.

&&&

Back at the apartment, Callie sat on Jack’s lap, cleaning up the small bite. She wrapped a Buzz Light-year band aid around his finger and kissed it before looking back at him.

“Whatcha want to do now?” she asked.

“Mmm, this,” Jack answered pressing his lips to hers.

Her arms curled around his neck as he scooted her closer to his chest.

“I love you,” he mumbled into her lips.

“I love you too,” she mumbled back, shifting on his lap so she was straddling his waist.

“Mmm, hell yeah,” he muttered as his hands moved down to her hips.

She cracked a smile into his lips before pulling away.

“Heyyy, don’t go,” he whined.

“Let’s watch a movie,” she suggested, lifting herself up.

“Let’s make one,” Jack replied, pulling her back down and reattaching his lips to her.

“Jack,” she pouted but replied just as fervently to him.

&&&

“Now want to watch a movie?” Callie asked as they lay on the couch with a blanket over them.

“Sure,” Jack said kissing her bare shoulder. He watched as she slid out from under the blanket and threw his boxers in his face before sliding on her underwear and snapping her bra back on.

She returned back to her position as Accepted flashed across the screen.

“I love this movie,” Jack stated.

“Me too,” Callie whispered snuggling more into his chest.

Laughter filled the room as the movie went on and Rajah ended up curling on the tiny space in front of Callie. As the movie ended Callie carefully moved Rajah then sat up and stretched.

“I’m going to make dinner for you,” she smiled, kissing him gently on the lips.

“Yeah?”

“Mhm, you deserve it super hero,” she grinned.

“Want me to help?” Jack asked, wanting to spend as much time with her as possible.

“You want to watch me and steal food, don’t you?” she chuckled.

Jack grinned sheepishly before nodding.

Callie stood and went to grab her pants and shirt, but Jack stopped her. “Underwear party!” he yelled.

She laughed and nodded her head, before turning on the stereo to the dance mix Jack had made her a couple months ago and made her way into the kitchen with Jack. She danced around while he sat on the counter and watched, occasionally being fed bits of food by her.

“This dinner is perfect,” Jack said swallowing some spaghetti.

Callie smiled and kissed him on the cheek. “I’m glad you came home,” she said quietly. “What time do you have to leave?” she asked taking a sip from her glass of wine.

“Flight is at 7am,” Jack answered.

Callie nodded. “I’ll drive you to the airport,” she said.

Jack nodded his head before kissing her on the cheek.

After dinner, Jack helped her clean up then they watched Comedy Central with Rajah before heading to bed.

“I love you,” Callie whispered, snuggling into his chest before yawning loudly and closing her eyes.

“I love you too,” Jack whispered, kissing her hair and falling asleep with her a few minutes later.

The next morning the drove quietly to the airport, and after a long goodbye, Callie left blowing an exaggerated air kiss to him.

He laughed and held up a heart with his hands to her before turning and handing his ticket to the stewardess to board the plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to make this chapter not boring since it's over a whole day, but I don't know how successful I was :/