Moment

Goodnight

May 5, 2008

The next day Callie walked out of the bathroom just ask Jack walked towards the bedroom door with a pillow and comforter in his hands.

“What are you doing?” Callie sighed walking towards him.

“I was going to sleep on the couch,” Jack mumbled.

Callie merely nodded before looking away and slipping under the covers. Jack took one last look at her figure before dragging his stuff into the quiet, spacious room. He dropped the pillow and blanket before sitting down and placing his head in his hands and rubbing his eyes tiredly. He ran his fingers through his hair before lying down and pulling the blanket over his waist.

He lied there a while staring at the ceiling before climbing off the sofa and tip toeing back towards the room.

“Callie?” Jack whispered walking over to the bed and sitting on the edge.

“Hm?”

“I really am sorry,” he apologized again.

Callie shifted before rolling over and looking at him. “I know,” she admitted.

“I couldn’t believe I did it,” Jack continued. “When I woke up the next morning I freaked out. I even convinced Alex to punch me in the eye.”

“Wait what?”

“I was too afraid of Zack doing it, so I got Alex to. I had a small black eye for a few days,” he explained.

“Seriously?” Callie asked.

Jack could hear the small grin in her voice before looking down at her and laughing. “Yeah.”

“Why would you do that?” Callie chuckled.

Jack shrugged. “I deserved it.”

“Jack,” Callie sighed. “I know you didn’t do it on purpose. You...aren’t like the other guys I’ve dated,” she explained. “It’s just hard, you know?”

Jack nodded his head.

“And I know we were fighting a lot over little things, I was so stressed this semester and it just got tough. I’m sorry,” she apologized.

“Hey, hey, don’t apologize,” Jack leaned down placing his palm on her cheek.

A silence pressed over them as they stared at each other sleepily.

“I’m going to make it up to you, Callie,” Jack whispered stroking his thumb over her cheek.

She smiled softly and kissed his hand gently before looking back at up at him.

“I’ll take you to Hawaii!” Jack exclaimed.

“Hawaii?” Callie asked.

Jack nodded his head with a goofy grin. “I’ve always wanted to take you, especially after the band went in February. It’s so beautiful Callie.”

She smiled and leaned up and pressed her lips softly against his, “You’re adorable.”

Jack smiled warmly down at her. “So you’ll go?”

Callie chuckled. “If you really are serious.”

Jack nodded. “I’d take you even if you told me no.”

Callie laughed. “I figured as much.”

Jack smiled and pressed his forehead against hers. “You’re incredible.”

“I know,” Callie said seriously nodding her head.

Jack chuckled before her lips pressed against his. “I love you, Jack.”

“I love you too baby girl,” Jack mumbled into her lips. “And I know I have a lot to make up to you.”

Callie shook her head. “You don’t have to—“

“Yes I do,” Jack interrupted softly. “And I will.”

Callie sighed but nodded her head and smiled sleepily at him.

“Go to sleep, I’ll make you breakfast tomorrow morning too,” Jack mumbled, kissing her head.

She eyed him worriedly, “Uhhhh.”

Jack chuckled but smiled, “Cereal in bed!”

Callie laughed and shook her head. “But of course.”

Jack grinned at her before starting to stand.

“C’mon,” Callie said grabbing his wrist and motioning for him to lie down.

Jack gave her a warm smile as she snuggled into his chest. “Goodnight love.”

“Goodnight Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Blahhhhh so basically I realized like last week that I should have just made this story a one shot and I really wish I had. But it's almost all written so whatever I guess.

On that note, I have the Hawaii scene chapter next, and it's...not finished. I just haven't had the motivation to finish it. So hopefully I'll get it done within the next couple days. This whole getting ready for college thing is sflkflksdjfkdjhgkdfjhg. I leave in exactly a week and haven't packed anything, I haven't even cleaned my room, haha.

Anyways, feedback?