Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

15

1 ½ months later…

‘So you’ve got your story straight?’

‘Yes mum. I had to fly over to England for a family emergency.’

‘Ok good.’

To me, that story sounded a little unbelievable. But hey, my family aren’t known for their creativity.

We were currently on our way to my first day back at school after the accident. I had taken a while to recover from my injuries and I was pretty nervous about returning to school.

We pulled up outside the building and I turned to look at mum. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. ‘I don’t see why you’re so nervous. It’s not like you’ve never been here before.’

I sighed and pulled away to look at her. ‘I know I just don’t want to deal with all the questions.’

Mum smiled grimly. ‘Don’t worry about it sweetie. Just use your imagination.’

I nodded. ‘Okay mum.’

I went to get out of the car but she pulled me backwards. ‘Make sure you come straight home after school. And you’ve got your mobile so if anything happens just ring me or one of the boys and we’ll come get you.’

I smiled and nodded. ‘Will do mum.’

We hugged once more and I took a deep breath before exiting the car. I took about two steps before jumping back and screaming when something dropped in front of me. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, immediately noticing the shaggy black hair and the piercing green eyes.

I looked up at him, grinning despite myself. ‘Zacky you shouldn’t do that. You look too – unnatural.’

Zacky just laughed. ‘Nah, you’re just scared.’

I pouted causing Zacky to frown and take a step towards me, taking me in his arms. Oh man, I could wrap this guy around my finger. I leaned into his ears and whispered. ‘Sucker.’

Zacky pulled away, frowning. ‘No fair. You do a better pout than Jimmy. And have you seen that thing?’

I giggled. ‘What are you doing here anyways?’

Zacky smiled, holding my hand. ‘What, I’m not allowed to come and wish you good luck?’

I frowned at him, obviously not believing it. Zacky sighed. ‘Fine. I wanted to make sure you were safe.’

I sighed, although I was secretly flattered that he had worried so much. ‘Zacky, nothing’s about to happen while I’m at school. They’d be idiots to do anything in public.’

Zacky nodded, still not looking convinced. ‘Kayla, I… I just can’t be away from you again. I hated seeing you in so much pain. It just killed me.’

My heart broke at the look in his eyes and as I watched a stray tear fall down his cheek. I felt tears coming to my eyes as I looked at him, and I quickly leaned forward to wipe his tear away.

Zacky smiled slightly at me and my heart began to flutter as he leant forwards. Our lips met and I think my heart just about exploded from my chest. Even though this wasn’t our first kiss, it felt just as special and left even more chills in my body.

I pulled away, gasping for breath, cursing myself for needing air. Zacky chuckled. ‘As much as I hate to say it, I think your friends are eager to see you.’

My smile dropped, but I quickly scolded myself for being so rude. After all, they were my best friends, and I hadn’t seen any of them for almost two months.

Zacky leant in to kiss my cheek before smiling sadly and jumping from sight. I sighed. The part of me that felt whole with him around was gone.

I turned around and walked inside. I was thrown to the ground straight away, making me wince in pain. My ribs still weren’t fully recovered, but I tried to cover it up.

I heard laughter and I was pulled to my feet, immediately being pulled into a hug by Brittany. ‘I missed you Kayla. I swear these two were plotting something against me.’

I laughed, pulling away. ‘I missed you too Brit. You end up getting away from those leprechauns?‘

Brittany’s face went completely serious. ‘That’s classified information.’

I rolled my eyes before turning to the person who had thrown me to the floor. ‘How could you just leave me like that? Without one warning? Some best friend you are.’

I pouted. ‘Forgive me Maddy?’

Maddy sighed. ‘God I just can’t stay mad at that face.’

I laughed. ‘Awww, tough Maddy has a soft side?’

Maddy playfully punched me on the arm. ‘Hey, lets not get carried away now.’

We hugged before I turned to face Tahnee. ‘If it isn’t my favourite munchkin!’

Tahnee faked hurt before pulling me into a hug. ‘I missed you Kayla. These guys can get outta control.’

I laughed and hugged her back. ‘I missed you too.’

We started walking down the hall, talking and laughing.

‘KAYLA!!!!!’

I turned around to see an excited Liam running towards me. Maddy leaned in to whisper in my ear. ‘He hasn’t stopped asking about you since you left.’

I laughed and walked towards him. He stopped directly in front of me, grinning widely. ‘How are you? You’ve been gone for ages! Are you ok? Where were you?’

I smiled and pulled him in for a hug. ‘I’ve been with family. Yes I’m ok.’

He frowned, obviously not believing me.

I don’t like this guy…

I laughed and searched around for any sign of Zacky. I had a feeling he wouldn’t leave. After finding nothing, I turned back to Liam who was now looking at me weirdly. ‘Ummm, I was remembering a joke someone told me this morning.’

Good one Kayla. The oldest excuse in the book.

Liam frowned quickly before smiling widely again. ‘It’s good to see you again.’

I smiled. ‘You too Liam.’

Jeez that guys practically drooling over you. I don’t like it.

I walked away smiling, muttering under my breath so that only Zacky could hear me. ‘Stop being jealous Zacky.’

How can I not be? Nice excuse by the way.

I quickly muttered for him to shutup before running to catch up with my friends. God, I feel like I’m going crazy. Having conversations with voices in my head.

When I got there, Maddy pulled me behind the group. ‘By the way, who was that guy I saw you with before? You looked pretty close.’

I gulped. Oh crap. What was I supposed to say? Oh hey Maddy, that’s just my vampire soulmate. Haha, very believable. I knew I couldn’t fool her. She was my best friend – she could see right through me.

Boyfriend.

‘Is that a question?’ I muttered as quietly as I could, so I knew only Zacky could hear.

I guess it is.

I grinned widely, before realising that Maddy was staring at me like I was crazy. I chuckled nervously. ‘Oh, that’s my boyfriend.’

Maddy’s eyes opened in shock. ‘How could you not have told me earlier? Does Liam know?’

I frowned apologetically at her. ‘I’m trying to keep it quiet for now. You know I would always tell you first. And no, Liam doesn’t know. And why would it matter if he did?’

Maddy laughed. ‘Ooooh he’s gonna be so pissed.’

I punched her arm. ‘No he’s not. He doesn’t see me like that anymore.’

Maddy laughed sarcastically before turning me so that I was facing the opposite way. Liam was standing there staring at me, and when my eyes caught his, he started waving wildly. Maddy laughed and spun me around again. ‘Yeah, sure he doesn’t.’

I giggled and continued walking, both of us quickly catching up to the others.

Is that a yes?

I smiled. ‘I guess it is.’

Class went by quickly. We were currently sitting in the cafeteria, talking and eating. Tahnee turned to look at me, grinning smugly. ‘So, Kayla, how’s your new boyfriend?’

I groaned and turned to punch Maddy on the arm. ‘I told you not to tell anyone!’

Maddy shrugged. ‘You said keep it low, not to not tell anyone.’

I sighed and turned back to Tahnee. ‘He’s really good.’

Brittany looked at me, eyebrows raised. ‘That’s it?’

Yeah, that’s it?

I could tell Zacky was smirking. I sighed in frustration. ‘He’s really sweet. And he cares about me a lot. I can trust him too. Plus, he’s really cute.’

The girls smiled in approval.

Cute?!

Ignoring him, I smiled back. Maddy turned to face me. ‘By the way, if he hurts you, I’m gonna chop of his balls and feed them to Brittany’s leprechauns.’

I laughed while Brittany frowned at Maddy telling her that was classified information.

We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We all span around and saw our principal, standing with a new girl. She had long, wavy blonde hair and violet eyes, and she was grinning widely.

The others all smiled at her, while I frowned. My senses were going crazy. I knew she was trouble, and I wanted her gone.

I snapped out of it when I noticed she was staring at me, her hand outstretched. ‘Hi. I’m Sammi.’

Hesitantly, I went to shake her hand, but pulled away when I noticed how cold it was. I forced myself to smile at her. ‘I’m Kayla.’

The principal smiled at us. ‘Sammi’s new here. I was wondering if you girls would make her feel at home for the time being?’

The others immediately said yes, except for Maddy, who was looking at Sammi suspiciously.

Sammi didn’t seem to notice at all. She sat down next to us and was brought into conversations straight away.

Maddy leaned into me and whispered in my ear. ‘There’s something I don’t like about her.’

I whispered agreeance before turning back to the others. I could swear I heard Sammi chuckling.

At the end of the day, we were all walking out of school, Sammi included. While the others talked casually to her, Maddy and I kept our distance.

I noticed Tahnee was looking at me expectantly. ‘What?’

Tahnee smiled. ‘I was just asking Sammi if she’d like to join us later for shopping?’

I frowned, causing Tahnee to glare at me. I turned to face Sammi, who was grinning widely, showing her fangs. Wait, what?

I looked back at her but whatever I had seen before was gone. I sighed. ‘Ok then.’

Sammi grinned and clapped her hands before turning back to the others to talk.

I frowned. I have a bad feeling about this.

Layton’s POV

I was sitting in the corner of my chamber, thinking to myself. Kayla had been gone for almost two months now and I was getting in trouble with Vercro for not capturing her again. I began to smile as I thought of her. Such a funny little human. But god, her blood was divine.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when the door swung open and in entered the person I had been waiting for. She smiled at me and ran over to me, kissing me on the lips. She was a horrible kisser, and I felt absolutely nothing. I guess that was supposed to happen when you were only using them.

I smiled at her. ‘Got some news for me Sammi?’

She grinned, her violet eyes gleaming excitedly. ‘I’m going shopping with them later tonight. I can tell she suspects me though. And so does her friend. I’ll just have to get them by themselves and then…’

I smiled. ‘And then we strike.’
♠ ♠ ♠
And there it is! :)

I got 6 comments last chapter! Wooo!! Lets keep it up guys:)

If you have any ideas or just feedback please let me know!

Ash xx