Status: Active :)

Green Eyes

09

2 months later…

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I sighed and made my way over to the mirror, examining myself. My eyes were bloodshot and my skin pale, I had bags under my eyes and my hair was a mess.

Once again, I’d dreamt of him. But this wasn’t the usual dream, when he came to save me, when he kissed me. No, in these dreams he was with Layton, laughing at me and making me watch as he killed my family. If he wasn’t doing this, I was watching him die.

I hadn’t been myself since that night when he left me. It seemed stupid, seeing as before two months ago, I didn’t even know his name. But now it felt different. My body longed for him, and as much as I tried to ignore it, as much as I tried to forget him, I couldn’t. He wouldn’t leave my mind. It was tearing me apart.

My parents tried to talk to me about the situation but I would just shut them off every time. I didn’t want to hear his name.

Some nights when I woke up I would see his green eyes staring back at me, but when I turned the light on, they would be gone.

I couldn’t handle it. I tried to be me, I tried to hard to be what I used to be, but each time I got close I would picture his face or his voice in my mind and my whole world would shut down once more.

The only time I was happy was when I was around my friends. Even then I wasn’t completely myself.

Brittany worked double time trying to make me laugh, Tahnee tried her hardest to make me feel better and Maddy did everything in her power to make me talk to her like I used to. But their sympathy made me feel worse.

One thing that did change was that now I was better friends with Liam. He had apologised to me a lot and we had just grown close. Every now and then he would casually ask me out and when I refused he would pretend like it never happened. I was comfortable around him, he made me laugh and smile, but he was no Zacky. He didn’t make me feel even slightly as good as Zacky did, but he temporarily numbed the hole in my heart that had disappeared when the guys had left me.

I missed all of them. No one could make me laugh like Jimmy could. No one could make me feel protected like Matt could. No one could make me open up like Brian could. And Johnny, I just wanted to be there for him. He needed someone.

I sighed once more and shook my head. I needed to stop thinking of them. Thank god it was Saturday, I needed time to myself.

I quickly got dressed and did my hair before heading outside, briefly saying goodbye to my parents. I began to walk along the path that had become my sanctuary. I sighed and allowed myself to go numb as I walked along the pathway, taking in the scenery around me. I picked up my pace to a jog; running had always been something that took my mind off things.

Ignoring the pain in my legs, I ran faster, letting the pain manipulate my thoughts. That’s right Kayla. Be strong.

I immediately stopped when I began to sense danger to my right. I turned to walk back where I came from but a sudden thought came to me. If I was in danger, Zacky would have to save me. It was his job.

At that moment I didn’t care what danger I was getting myself into. My mind was so fully focused on seeing him again that before I knew it I was making my way towards my right. I began to get excited as I got closer. I was going to see him again! I was going to be able to look into his green eyes, to touch his cold face and to feel his presence.

I stopped when I heard the sound of screaming. It was a male, and it was definitely a human. I looked around the corner, my eyes catching on a figure lying on the floor. The pained look in his eyes made me run forward to his side, ignoring my senses that where screaming danger. I knelt to his side and immediately noticed the two puncture wounds in his neck. They were here – the vampires.

‘Well well well, if it isn’t exactly who we were looking for.’ I gasped and turned around.

Oh crap, Layton. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all.

He stood there smirking at me, and I watched as two other vampires dropped down from the roof to stand beside him, evil looks on their faces. I recognised one as the tall vampire from the night I was attacked.

‘Layton you seem to just draw her to you.’ Layton chuckled and his smirk grew bigger. He wiped away the blood on the outside of his mouth and took a step towards me. I turned around to run but was thrown backwards when one of the vampires landed in front of me, blocking my path.

Layton caught me and held me tightly. I screamed as loudly as I could, calling for Zacky, Matt, Jimmy, anyone to save me. Layton growled and tightly put his hand over my mouth, and my screams became muffled cries. I bit his hand and he let go yelping in pain. I took this as my chance to run away and dashed past him but he caught me halfway. I fought back kicking and punching anything I could. Damn, where was Maddy when you needed her. She could kick these guys asses.

The other vampires jumped on me and held me down, stopping my struggle. Layton walked towards me grinning evilly. He grabbed my chin and forced my face upwards so I was looking in his eyes. ‘Feisty, just how I like them. Master Vercros going to be pleased with you.’

Tears began to roll down my face as they grabbed me and threw me in their car, locking the doors. I tried to scream and to get out but the doors were locked and I knew no one would here me. I was lost now.

I looked out the window and allowed myself to break down.

Why was I so stupid? I had ruined everything just to see him again and he didn’t even come. That’s what got to me. He didn’t even save me. I mean, I thought he liked me, but if not then wasn’t it at least his duty? Did he hate me?

I sighed and hugged myself tightly as the car drove further and further away from my house and away from everything I loved.

Zacky, where are you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its a bit shorter than usual but thats all i really needed to say.

I hope you like it and please rate i've only got one star and i feel really jibbed :(

Thanks to those who commented - you guys are the best!

Please tell me what you thing, remember:
Comments = happy Ashleigh = more updates!!

Ash xx

(P.S. i promise theyll be back soon!)