Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Shape Shifter

Image

"You're a what?" I finally managed to ask.

"A werewolf, well shape shifter actually seeing as I can change as I please not by the full moon"

I looked at him like he was insane. "You're lying"

"Really, is that what you told the bloodsucker or did you fall into his arms and embrace that him being a vampire was the truth?"

"We're not talking about Edward right now" I replied sharply trying to get my point across.

Jacob looked deeper into my eyes. "You're my best friend Maddie, I don't want anything bad happening to you"

"Jacob, he's not going to hurt me. Now back to you being a werewolf or shapeshifter whatever"

"Right, I'll show you. Come on"

"Let me put my things in the house then I'll be out"

I went into the house and dropped off the pajama's and clothes that Alice said I could have. She also gave me some of her makeup that she never uses along with two big bottles of Vanilla and Rose bubble bath. Since Edward says I smell like those two scents I was going to mix them together and see what I smelt like to him. I grabbed a hoodie then started outside. Jacob was waiting patiently for me in his car. I got in and buckled up.

"You better not be shitting me Jacob or I'm going to kick your ass"

He laughed. "I'm not shitting you Maddie, I'm telling you the truth"

Jacob backed out of the driveway then headed down the road. I flipped on the radio; The Crow & The Butterfly by Shinedown was playing. I really did like this song; it sorta reminded me of Edward and I. See, I told you every song I hear on the radio reminds me of him.

I painted your room at midnight so I'd know yesterday was over

I put all your books on the top shelf, even the one with the four

leaf clover man I'm getting older. I took all your pictures off the

wall and wrapped them in a newspaper blanket. I haven't slept

in what seems like a century, and now I can barely breathe.

Just like a crow chasing the butterfly dandelions lost in the

summer sky when you and I were getting high as outer space

I never thought you'd slip away, I guess I was just a little too late

You're words still serenade me, you're lullabies won't let me sleep

I've never heard such a haunting melody, Oh it's killing me You

know I can barely breathe

Just like a crow chasing the butterfly dandelions lost in the

summer sky when you and I were getting high as outer space

I never thought you'd slip away, I guess I was just a little too late

Just like a crow chasing the buttefly dandelions lost in the

summer sky when you and I were getting high as outer space

I never thought you'd slip away-

Just like a crow chasing the buttefly dandelions lost in the

summer sky when you and I were getting high as outer space

I never thought you'd slip away, I guess I was just a little too late

Just a little too late.

Jacob soon came to a stop in front of his house. He got out of the car and waited for me to get out. Instead of going inside Jacob led me into the woods. We didn't get very far into it probably a mile or so. He soon stopped in front of me.

"Turn around Maddie" he said.

I slowly turned my back on him. What I heard next startled me a bit, I heard Jacob undue his pants.

"Um Jake, if I turn around and you're naked I'm going to kick your as-"

I jumped the moment I felt something licking my hand. I looked down to see a cinammon colored wolf, he looked up at me and grins. I bend down to stare into his dark eyes. This couldn't be happening.

"Jacob?" I asked.

He whimpers a little bit then licks my face. I couldn't believe this, it had to be a dream. There weren't such things as vampires and werewolves at least I came to believe they were myths. I sit down on the ground and began to pet Jacob.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you Jake; it's just that this is insane"

He laid down and rested his head on my lap. I began to scratch behind his ears which made his hind leg start kicking. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"I'm only doing this because you're so cute, when you change back into a human don't be asking me for a damn massage or a scratch behind the ears"

He whined.

"i'm serious Jake" I laughed again then I got serious. "Now I know why you and the Cullen's don't get along"

He got up then ran away dissapearing behind a tree. Minutes later Jacob in his human form came walking towards me. He bends down and lifts me to my feet.

"Now you know" he said.

"How did this happen?"

"I am one of the ancient lines of werewolves, a member of the Quileute tribe that has forever been the mortal enemy of vampires. I underwent my first transformation into a werewolf in response to the new vampire threat. Now that I am part of the pack I have to patrol the forest searching for vampires on our land. That's why I wanted you to stay away from the Cullen's because they're vampires"

"They might be vampires but they are my friends"

Jacob slowly nods.

"You didn't get kicked out of La Push for fighting, Billy wanted you to go to Forks so you could protect me" I stated.

Jacob nodded again.

"I don't need you to protect me Jacob" I yell then dart back the way we came.

Jacob follows after me. He grabs my arm making me stop. "I'm sorry Maddie, I didn't want anything happening to you; you're my best friend"

"Jacob, I haven't heard from you in four months because it was awkward between us, and now you want to come back into my life like nothing happened. I'm going to be friends with them whether you like it or not. You can't tell me what to do"

"I'll go back to La Push after the winter ball" Jacob finally said.

I nod. "That would be a good thing, now take me back home"