I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 9

A week had gone by and Mel hadn't been in school as much. I was starting to worry about her.

"Syn, have you seen Mel?" I asked. He just looked at me and shrugged before walking away. I just decided to call her to see where she was. I hope she's okay...

-Mel's Point of View-

It had been a week since Maggie and Zacky started dating. I avoided school to get away from them and Johnny, Kristy, Jimmy, and sometimes Syn would ditch with me.
Johnny, Kristy, Jimmy and I were talking when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mel..it's Zacky. Do you wanna hang out later?" he asked.

"Umm..what about your girlfriend?" I asked. To be honest, I didn't really care and I hoped she died a slow and painful death, but he didn't need to know that.

"Don't worry I won't let her get in the way."

"You guys have band practice don't you? Is she gonna be there?"

"Umm...I kind of invited her so yeah..she's gonna be there..but after that I promise it will just be you and me okay?"
Please be telling the truth this time.

"Okay..I'll see you when you guys get outta school." I said.

"You ditched?"

"Well that would explain why I haven't been in school..and I didn't feel too well so Johnny, Kitty, and Jimmy left with me to make sure I was okay." I said.
Though the real reason was because I didn't wanna see you with Maggie

"Are you?" he asked concerned.

"I'm fine now...I'll see you later Zacky"

"Okay...bye Mel" he said. I hung up my phone and saw Jimmy, Johnny, and Kristy staring at me.

"What?"

"What just happened?" Jimmy asked.

"Guess who's gonna show up at your band practice." I said looking at Johnny and Jimmy before down at the floor.

"Oh no. Are you still gonna go?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I've already seen him make out with her how could it get any worse?"

"I don't think you wanna know."

"I plan on murdering him.."

"No Johnny you can't do that...That's me and Syn's job." Kristy said.

"Well anyways if you do end up killing her and not Zacky...can I help?" I asked. They laughed.

"Got anywhere to hide the body?" Jimmy asked with a wicked grin on his face.

"Well I was kinda planning on hiding one person in my sister's closet.." I laughed more.

A few hours had gone by, we all went to Matt's house for band practice, and soon it was over. Maggie was now hanging off of Zacky like a fucking ornament does a Christmas tree. Not only that but at the moment, they were making out on the couch. I sadly looked away and felt everyone looking at me with sympathy. I should probably just get over him. I know he'd never like or even love me back...not in that way anyway...

"Well I guess I'll just get going then...I'll see you guys later.." I sighed getting up from where I was sitting. Zacky finally pulled away from his girlfriend.

"Finally coming up for air Zack?" Kristy.

"Mel I promised I would hang out with you." he said which caused Maggie to get pissed.

"Zaaackyyyy you're my boyfriend, not hers. You should be spending time with me." she whined in a high pitched voice that I think would make even dogs within 10 miles of here would go deaf....or at least insane.

"Uh, no he can hang out with whoever he wants and so what if he hangs out with Mel? They're friends." Kitty defended. Zacky just looked at me almost apologetic. I just shook my head.
"Whatever..." I turned around and stormed out of the room.

-Kristy's Point of View-

I couldn't stand it. Sure he may be one of my best friends but damn why must he be so fucking blind?

"Look Zachary I don't care if you're seeing this whore, but I do care when one of my other friends is hurt and you just might lose her." Maggie's jaw dropped as I finished saying what I had said.

"Did you just hear what she said about me?"

"Yeah...and what do you want us to do about it?" Val asked as she glared at her.

"Maggie...I don't think this will work out..."

"So you're leaving me for her? I can't believe you. She's not popular, she's not pretty, she's just a pathetic little freak th-" I couldn't handle her bad mouthing one my friends like that and I could tell by the look in Zacky's eyes that he did want to kill her. But since he wouldn't be able to, I did that for him. I pounced on her, causing her to fall onto the ground and punched her in the face hard. I probably would've done more than that, if Jimmy didn't pull me away from her and hold me back.

"Babe, calm down." he said as he rubbed my back lightly. I started to calm down a little, but continued to glare at Maggie.

"My nose!" she yelled.

"Don't worry..your daddy can pay for the surgery to get you a new one." Val said as Maggie ran out of the room.

"Now what am I gonna do about Mel?" Zacky asked.

"Well don't just stand there, go and find her." I said moving away from Jimmy and pushing him out the door.

-Mel's Point of View-

I let the tears fall from my eyes as I ran to the abandoned building where I first met Zacky. It had been the place where I went to think over the past few weeks. Why did I have to come here? Sure I love all my friends and everything, but why? I tensed up as I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Relax Mel it's just me." I heard his voice. Why is it when he's the last person I wanna see or hear from he always just shows up?

"Why are you here? I thought you were with Maggie." I said bitterly.

"Well I did say I would hang out with you right?"

"Well you seemed a bit busy with your tongue down her throat, so why would you wanna hang out with me?" I said almost completely emotionless though I felt myself crying. He knelt in front of me and wiped a few tears away.

"Mel..I would rather be with you than a girl who says shit about my friends. Now I need to ask you something. Why have you been avoiding me?"

"It's..complicated."

"Is it because I was with Maggie? Well I'm sorry and don't think I don't mean it because I do. I broke up with her before I came here. I don't even know what I saw in her."

"I don't think any of know what you saw in her." I said.

"I don't even know why I went back to her, when I know I liked someone else."

"Really? Who is it?" I asked. He kissed me and pulled away before I got the chance to kiss back.

"Look I'm sorry..But I-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his. He carefully wrapped his arms around my waist as I put mine around his neck. I pulled away and bit my lip a little.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I just sat there in shock. That whole time he was going out with Maggie he really liked me? Am I gonna wake up from a dream again?
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it a dream? Or is it happening for real this time?
Johnny finally has a girlfriend(Aaliyah, a.k.a Ali), but she probably won't be mentioned or anything just yet. She'll most likely be mentioned in one of the next couple chapters though just so you know.

comments?
banners?