Status: Updating ch7

Lucifer's Angel

Chapter IV

Having friends or any sort of connection with someone is a pain in anyone’s ass.

“You don’t have any right to keep her!”

“Please sir! We don’t want to call security on you.”

“Release her and I’ll be out of your dried-out bleached hair!”

“You are not her legal guardian, sir. By law, we can keep her here unless there is a guardian present. We aren’t going to hurt her; we’re trying to help her eyesight.”

“That’s way past your fucking capabilities! You people are fucking moronic simians!”

“That’s it, security!”

“Fuck your security!”

“If you don’t get off these premises, I will have you arrested.”

“Hell no!” I yelled, before dashing through security back to the room I crawled through a window to get to. I saw my sin-destroying saint sitting quietly on the bed look up as I barged into the room.

“… Angel?” she asked.

I smiled a smile invisible to her.

“Yeah,” I mumbled as I glanced up to see security rummaging into the room. It appears I’ve gotten myself into a wee bit of trouble. And I’m gonna make it worse cause I’m gonna lie my ass off.

“I’ll inform you officers of something; I work at Cara’s Christian school. Since she is an orphan, she lives under the school’s supervision. If you keep her without the school’s permission, why, you would be breaking the law. I don’t give permission, so fuck off,” I spat out.

Cara stiffened under me, knowing my deceiving lie. The guards glanced at each other, then at my saint.

“Is this true?” one of the security guards asked Cara.

Cara swallowed. I knew she never lies; it’s just the type of person she is.

“P-please, release me?” she spoke. The look of guilt seemed to assault the men’s faces. “This man means me no harm.”

I tried not to crack a smile as I stared down the security guards. After some mumbling, they turned to Dr. Moyen, who stood behind the mob.

“Dr. Moyen, whether he works there or not isn’t the issue. If she is an orphan, the school would have technical custody over her. The school serves as a guardian over those following faith. Aside from that, the patient is aware enough to make the decision on her own. Is it not true that if a patient is in the right mindset to make his or her own decision, they are free to leave?” one of the guards stated, changing his side of support.

I flashed my infamous patronizing grin at this pellucid doctor. I was in luck today; these idiots are supplying me with reasons why she can’t stay. All I’m doing is bullshitting on the spot.

“Fine! Just pay me my money and get out!” Dr. Moyen exclaimed before exiting the room, leaving my saint and I standing there with two very awkward security guards.

“Sorry for the problems, uh, sir. Go ahead and sign her out,” one of the guards said quickly before stumbling out with his companion. I felt Cara grip my hand and all the frustration and violence in me seeped out. I sighed. This girl will be the death of me. Quite literally. And if those guards were smart enough to learn my name, I’d be in jail right now. Or worse; a laboratory where self-proclaimed scientists would poke and prod my new-found appendages.

We walked into the lobby together, hand in hand, while I gave a menacing glare to anyone looking at me funny. My glare said it all: Say anything and I will mount your head on a post, swallow your gushing innards and wear your skin as my next Halloween costume. The woman at the desk looked at me with uneasiness as I guided Cara on where to sign and how to pay for her useless stay. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t mugged this girl. But then I look at her and, fuck, I can’t be mad anymore. God da… God bless her.

....................Image

“God blessed us today,” Cara stated as we walked cautiously toward her home. I glanced at her before looking up at the blue sky where this God character must reside. That… entity ticks me off. God blessed us. Right. He’s probably sitting back watching us with a beer gut or busy arm wrestling with Satan.

“How so?” I muttered, holding her shoulder back before she stepped off too early at the curb.

“I don’t think we could have made it out so smoothly if He didn’t help. He must be trying to make it as easy as possible for you to repent.”

“Right,” I grumbled. If this God fellow did help, then I’m mad. I don’t need him. And hearing His name mentioned so often is giving me a headache. I’ll need to talk to her about keeping her religion out of the main picture.

A sudden shiver spread through my wings, causing my coat to shift awkwardly. I spun around, eyes probing everything around me. But as I scanned my surroundings the chill dissipated. The threat was gone.

“Angel?”

I turned frigid and turned to look at my saint. A confused look crossed her pale face. She didn’t feel the danger I felt. I don’t know how anyone could be oblivious to the pure hatred that seemed to assault us.

“It’s nothing. Let’s get you home.”

....................Image

It was near sunset by the time Cara and I reached her home. The incidents of the day had me stressed. How can it have been less than 24 hours ago that I became this creature? I used the key taken from the purse I grabbed before leaving to let us in. Before I stepped in after her, I looked behind myself again. I noticed two shadowed figures standing down the street from us. Both were scarily still. They were watching me and my saint.

“Keep the doors locked,” I commanded before slamming the door shut in Cara’s face. When in doubt, fist fight.

I bolted down the street towards the people, using new found energy to burst me forward. Both silhouettes flailed for a moment before one took off running. The other, however, waited for me to come to him. And now that I see his face, I know why.

“Thomas Grady,” I grunted out as I stood before my…

Ally?

“Luce Mason. Varrio Chico Norte has been wondering where you ran off too,” Thomas said with a false simplicity.

“Yeah, well, I kinda went into Hell for a while. Didn’t like it. What’s the point of your kind visit?” I responded truthfully.

“Arturo has been waiting for his money, Luce. He has a feeling you’re going to betray our gang. Prove him wrong, so I don’t have to shoot a friend down,” Thomas heaved.

I looked at him funny. I have only one so-called friend in V.C. Norte, and Thomas was not him. Tom is the gang’s comedic relief. The boy is never serious, so his behavior right now is disturbing.

“Tell Arturo I’ll get his money when I choose to and to put a bloody thong in it,” I hissed.

“Aw, Luce! He told me if you didn’t give me the money asap, I have to shoot you! I don’t wanna shoot Luce the Poose!” Thomas whined.

There, that sounds more like Tommy Grady.

“Shoot me then, but I warn you, I’ll have to disfigure you in self-defense,” I challenged.

Thomas stood there, shuffling his feet before his eyebrows lifted up to his hair.

“I’m gonna pretend I haven’t found you yet! But next time I see you, I’ll have to pop a bullet in your ass if you don’t have the money!” Thomas yapped before darting off towards where his buddy had run off too.

There were so many flaws in his idea it was ridiculous. I’m just happy the threat to my saint has passed.

When I arrived at her door, I didn’t have a chance to knock before she tackled me to the floor. She was bawling and instant panic took over. Had someone hurt her inside the house? Did she fall or hit something in her blind stupor?

“I… I thought you were going to sin. I… I thought that y-you would drop into Hell…” she said between cries.

I sighed with relief and pain before patting her head.

“I’m sorry I scared you,” I mumbled,” I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

Her head snapped up quickly.

“N-no! I’m crying because I’m mad. I’m mad at myself for not trusting you. I have to have faith in you…” she stuttered.

I helped her up and took her inside her home. I grabbed some tissues for her and went to put the coat I’d taken from another room back. My wings released they’re strained hold over my body and fell loosely past the bottom of the coat.

As I begun to slide the coat off, the door slammed open and the culprit was a very familiar looking flame head. An accusing finger was pointed at me and I instantly fixed my coat and lifted my appendages from view.

“You pedophile beast! Get out of Cara’s house!”

I stared at the accusing girl and the saint that was oddly trying to put her friend’s arm down. Choosing to ignore the scene, I closed the closet door and made myself comfortable on the empty bed.

“Amy, please. Stop being a doo-doo brain!”

“No, Cara! Stranger danger!”

“He’s not a stranger danger! He’s a… a superhero!”

“Cara… a superhero?”

“… I like superheroes… they’re cool.”

“Oh my God! Remember that 90’s cartoon “The Tick?””

“Yeah! SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!”

“He’s my favorite superhero, hands down…”

I fell asleep.

Having friends or any sort of connection with someone is a pain in anyone’s ass because they turn into a ‘frienemy’ or someone else's friend just makes you want to rip your own ears off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, as I typed this, I realized this chapter is small compared to the gigantic size of most of my chapter. But it was doomed to happen sooner or later. All the events in this chapter have an importance, just like any other. I do apologize for the long stall. I'm a senior in high school now and I have Senioritis. Which means I'm packing pounds and I'm sleeping when I'm not at school =P. However, I've gotten a hold of myself and am back in action. Hope to welcome more fans with loving arms! Also, shout out to DragonxFox and cataclysm.

And as always: Please subscribe and/or comment! Thank you very much! =)