One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 20

*Jess*

I yawned as I pulled away from Bam.

“Tired?” he asked gently. I nodded. He picked up my stuff and then helped me off the floor. I leaned on him as we walked through the halls and into the snowy night.

“There you are!” Kelsey joined us in the parking lot.

“We got lost.” Bam lied.

“Figures.” she laughed.

“You guys wanna come back to my house?” Bam asked. I noticed my aunt’s car was gone from where she had originally parked it.

“Sure.” I climbed into the car.

*Bam*

“Why was JJ crying?” Kelsey asked as soon as the guys, Jess, and my parents were in the house. We were in front of the garage.

“She’s still hurting from 8 years ago.” I admitted.

“She’ll never be over it.” Kelsey agreed.

“I told her she needed to start letting go of the past. And that we all would help her. She said that our friends didn’t need any of that kind of pain. So I said that if she couldn’t let us all in, she could let me in.” I confessed.

“What did she say to that?” she asked.

“She nearly collapsed. That’s why we took so long. She was crying.” I frowned.

“Do you think she’ll let you in?” she asked.

“I’m not sure. I hope she does.” I sighed.

“Do you love her?” she fired off another question.

“What?” I looked at her.

“Do you love Jess?” she asked slowly.

“In a brother-sister way. Not the way you might be thinking of.” I said.

“Just wondering.” she put up her hands as if to defend herself.

“No. There’s nothing like that going on between us.” I shook my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
^LIAR!^ oh shit! you guys arent supposed to know that!