One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 6

*Bam*

The figure was Chase.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kelsey demanded as she climbed out of the pool.

"Playing a little hide and seek." he smirked.

"Where's JJ?" I glared at him.

"I have no idea." he said innocently.

"Tell me where the fuck she is or I'll break your arm." I threatened.

"She's up that tree!" Novak pointed behind me. I pointed the flashlight into the tree next to the shed. The branches were pushed to the side and JJ was perched on a branch, looking down at all of us.

"Get the hell out of here before we call the cops." I shoved him toward the front yard and he took off. We all ran over to JJ.

"Come down here, monkey!" I laughed.

"Um....I can't?" JJ said nervously.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Chase broke the branches when he was climbing up here. If I tried to get down, I'd drop about 8 feet to the ground and land on those rocks I used to climb up here." JJ announced. The wind was beginning to pick up now.

"Someone get the ladder." Dunn sighed. The branch she was sitting on started cracking.

"Holy shit, get me down!" JJ clutched the tree.

"You get yourself into more dangerous situations than all of us combined!" Novak yelled to her. The branch cracked more. Something clattered to the floor in the shed and Dico and Raab yelled in pain.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." JJ repeated to herself. I shoved the flashlight into Kelsey's hand and ran to the base of the tree.

"Hang on, JJ!" I called.

"What else am I supposed to do? Dance?" she snorted. The branch finally gave way and JJ lunged for another one and hung off of it. I noticed that where the branches broke off, there were little notches, like steps.

"JJ! If you put your foot straight down, you'll step on where a branch broke off!" I called up to her. She did as I said and stood on one of the notches.

"Now put your left foot out a little and step down carefully!" Kelsey followed my example.

"Over a little more!" I directed when her left foot nearly missed the notch.

"Take your right foot off the notch it's on and move to the notch below it!" Dunn called. Soon, JJ was about 5 feet from the ground, but there were no more notches.

"How did you get up there in the first place?" I yelled up to her.

"I jumped!" she yelled back.

"Well, you're gonna have to slide!" Novak and Dico came out of the shed, but they didnt have a ladder with them. The wind picked up even more.

"This hurts!" JJ yelled as she began to inch down the tree. When she was close enough, I wrapped my arms around her legs.

"Now let go!" I called.

"Hell no! You only have my legs! When I let go, you're gonna drop me!" she refused and began to inch more. I stood on one of the rocks and wrapped my arms tightly around her waist.

"Now will you let go? I got you." I said. She took a breath and let go of the tree and both of us fell backwards onto the ground.

"Let's not play anymore." she was trembling slightly. I helped her stand up and we all started walking toward the house.

"Did he say anything while he was climbing the tree?" I had my arm around her small shoulders. She nodded.

"What was it?" I asked.

"He was all, 'come out, come out, wherever you are'." she said in this singsong voice.

"Are you okay? I mean, you nearly fell out of a tree." I asked after a few moments.

"I'm fine. A little scratched up, but it's what I get for climbing a tree." she shrugged. I rolled my eyes at the way she winced when she touched her stomach.

She was such a tomboy.
♠ ♠ ♠
i think chase is officiaally a creeper...which is kinda sad...since i made him up XD pictures of the girls and chase are coming soon!