One of the Boys...Right?

Chapter 7

*JJ*

Kelsey had gone home after we stopped playing outside, and by now, we were all in bed. Even though I had the light on, I could still see the lightning and hear the crashing thunder seconds later.

During one of the many crashes of thunder, my phone vibrated under me and I jumped, nearly falling out of the bed. I opened my phone to see a text from Bam. We began texting back and forth.

bam bam: why is ur light still on?
JJ: why r u looking @ my door?
bam bam: cant a person go to the bathroom?
JJ: maybe i WANT the light on
bam bam: scared of the dark? lmfao
JJ: uk i hate thunderstorms at night.
bam bam: um...no...i didnt actually
JJ: o well now u do. i hate them at night but love them in the day Xp

At that moment, one particularly loud crash made me jump again and this time, I did fall off the bed. Minutes later, another text from Bam.

bam bam: wtf was that big ass crash? that wasnt the thunder
JJ: no. that was me falling off the bed
bam bam: lmfaooo
JJ: stfu
bam bam: aww. wanna come over here?

Suddenly, the light went out.

"Shit." I whispered to myself. In the dark, I pulled myself up and began walking over to the door, using my phone as a light while I grabbed a blanket from the bed. I opened the door and stared into the dark hallway. Slowly, I shuffled down the hall to Bam's room. Just when I reached the door, I bumped into someone and had to cover my mouth to muffle my scream.

"Chill!" I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders.

"Damn it, Bam! Dont scare me like that!" I hissed. The lightning lit up the hallway and I saw him smirking down at me.

"I've never known you to be so jumpy." he chuckled.

"I can still kick your ass." I put my hands on my hips as my blanket fell off of my shoulders.

"I'm so sure." I could almost hear him roll his eyes. With that, I brought my leg around the back of his knees and knocked him backwards into his darkened room.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I asked, stepping over him. He grabbed my left ankle and pulled, sending me to the floor as well.

"Exactly." he laughed more and pulled me towards the hallway while he was still on the ground.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" I asked.

"Get a head start." he dragged me back into the hall.

"A head start to your bed?" I added.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, jumping through the dark, landing on what I assumed was his bed.

"Now why would I want to race you to your bed?" I asked him.

"Cause it's warm." he said, as though it were the most obvious thing ever.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Dico asked. I heard him flipping the light switch.

"Why wont any of the lights turn on?" he whined.

"It's called a 'power outage', dumbass. And JJ hates storms at night so she came in here." Bam exclaimed.

"Excuse me? YOU invited ME." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I'm trying to be a good friend!" Bam exclaimed as I hit him with a pillow.

"A good friends wouldnt scare the shit out of me in a dark hallway, try to knock me down, and then lie about it!" I stuck out my tongue even though he couldnt see me.

"All of you need to go to sleep now." I heard April's groggy voice say as the lights flicked on.

"But we were having fun!" Bam whined.

"Now." April repeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it's a stupid chapter, but i needed to update this story. i have an idea for later on ;] . has anyone ever seen the show 'Flashpoint'?