Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

In Plain Sight

The next morning I shot out of bed pulling on a Billy Talent t-shirt, pair of ripped faded jeans, and high top red converses that I had a bunch of people sign last year before applying red eye shadow, thick black eyeliner, and mascara. I was about to skip down stairs in joy but I stopped myself realizing Gerard would suspect something if I acted all joyful. Putting on a grim face I descended down the stairs walking right past my dad and out front.

When Adam drove up to pick me up Zach and Kyle had gotten on the floor to make it seem like any other day. As I walked towards the car I glanced over my shoulder only to see my dad watching from the living room window. Rolling my eyes I flipped my silky black shoulder length hair before slamming the car door shut for a dramatic effect. "Damn your acting is good," Zach said pulling himself off the floor as Adam turned onto a different street.

Adam's car stereo was blasting as we drove down the free way towards the venue. Zach and I were belting a Billy Talent song at the top our lungs until Adam finally got fed up at us and began screaming like an old lady much to our amusement. It was a rather uneventful ride or at least as uneventful as a car-ride with four teenagers no rents loud music and lots of adrenaline can be.

We all popped right out of the car and sprinted towards the long line of people all with their tickets out waiting in line to be unleashed in the large venue. The venue was named The Amp by the people around town and was completely amazing. It had three stages, four merch booths, five snack bars, two bars, VIP area, and of course it was all fully staffed, The only problem was their were always cops patrolling to make sure there were no drugs, underage drinking, or kids ditching school, like we’d ever do that.

After nearly an hour we reached the front of the line. The bouncer type person was a fat, muscular, scary looking guy, go figure. His arms were completely covered in tattoos and his face showed no sense of humor. The moment he saw us he rolled his eyes, "You kids should be in school." I glanced over at the guys to seem them all look a bit nervous. "Don't worry school is hell go have fun but remember you guys said you've graduated. This job sucks who am I to deny you fun."

I let out a small scream of joy as we darted past the bouncer into the venue. It may have been out doors and hot as hell but it was fun. Considering it was an all day event the only stage playing was small stage with bands that hadn't really developed notice. This was cue to go insane. We were running around the mosh pit dumping water on people and causing complete mayhem. I had no idea people were looking for me as I jumped up and down screaming with three boys surrounding me.

Gerard's POV
I don't know how I could have been so stupid to think Avery would actually go to school. Pulling out my sidekick I called all the members of the band and told them to meet me at The Amp we had to find Avery and her stupid teenage friends. "Gerard don't be so upset I'm sure she's fine beside you and I both know we would have done the same thing at her age," Lyn-z said to me as we pulled up to The Amp next to the guys cars. They were all wearing sunglasses and hats in an attempt to hide their identity.

Sighing I pulled out my sidekick and scrolled down to the name Benjamin K. also known as the lead signer of Billy Talent. Having gone on tour with them we had kept in contact enough that I could call in this favor. "Hey man," I said in the happiest voice I could manage at the present time.

"Hey Gerard," Benjamin said in a Canadian accent, "What's up? You do know were on tour right? Didn't I tell you."

I laughed, "Yeah you told me and it's about that, okay you guys are playing in my home town right now and my kid thought it'd be awesome for her and her friends to ditch school and go to a concert instead. Well me and the guys want make sure she's okay but we don't exactly have tickets-" I was cut of by him.

"Say no more I'll send our manager out and she'll get you in the back entrance and we'll find Miss Avery Way. From what you told us about her it's not entirely surprising," Benjamin said hanging up.

The guys were all staring at me questioningly so I told them, "He's sending out his manager so she can get us in the back." It had only been five minutes when a short pale blond headed woman ran towards us, her hair was in a tight bun and she was wearing a pair of black-rimmed glasses. She made it seem rather professional.

"Hi I'm Marilyn Sanders Billy Talent's manager. Come on before someone recognizing you," she piped out her Canadian accent clear. I shrugged and followed towards an area that was shockingly well guarded with at least ten security guards waiting in a line. She flashed them a pass and they let us all walk right in.

The moment we walked in we were met by my daughter's favorite band, Billy Talent. It did make feel a bit guilty she wanted to meet them so bad when we went on tour with them but I made her stay at her Grandmother's. What she doesn't get is she has so much potential to go far in academics. After greeting each of them Benjamin took me over towards one of the stages just after a band finished playing.

Everyone stared at us, some girls screamed obviously not expecting to see The Gerard Way at this concert. "Hello ladies and gentlemen, were looking for someone by the name of Avery," Benjamin said in an overdramatic voice. Some girls screamed again obviously hoping it was them so Benjamin continued, "Sorry girls this girl happens to be Miss Avery Caitlyn Way and if you are hearing me Miss Avery Caitlyn Way and friends I'd run like hell because I'm pretty sure your dad is going to set security loose on you,"

I stared at him, how the fuck does that help me find her? "Sorry Gerard but she at least deserves a fighting chance," Benjamin shrugged causing me to roll my eyes. I just wanted to find her and now. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I found her but I had to find her.

Avery's POV
Holly Shit I am so fucking screwed. There are so many bad words that could describe my situation and I was currently saying all of them in a long line as the guys stared at the stage in disbelief. Grabbing Zach and Adam's arms I dragged them to a merch booth and bought a Taste of Chaos hoodie to blend in with everyone else, then I walked over to some girls that were using some of that spray on hair dye that rinses out in one shower and asked them if I could use some. I sprayed a bunch of red on my silky black hair as the guys stared dumbly before catching on to what I was doing and dyed their own hair. Pulling out my purse I put on a pair of black sunglasses and smiled at them.

"Living with celebrities has its advantages, can you guys recognize me?" I asked them. Adam and Zach looked at each other disbelieving while Kyle stood there jaw dropped. "I'm not going home we can totally pull this off," I told them, "Now just act natural as we go past security. Come on the big stage is open."

We darted towards the big stage where people were gathering and taking their seats. Us being the cool people have tickets for the mosh pit up front while everyone else were stationed at their assigned spots. The security guards didn't look at me twice but stopped just about every other girl around 5'7' with black hair and blue eyes. "Oh my god we fucking did it," Adam yelled as the concert began.

The next four hours consisted of us jumping up and down signing a long, screaming, and just acting all around crazy to the point you would think we were high if we were not at a concert. It reminded me why I love live music so much to able to hear the speakers pounding and the emotion everyone emits as the scream along signing the words to the songs. The funny part was between every act some security guard would come on stage asking for Avery Caitlyn Way to come over to go to the nearest exit and talk to the security guard.

I sang along to every word of Billy Talent act with a smile on my face. There was even a point where I was completely out in the open while on Zach's shoulders and Benjamin unknowingly asked our group, "Are you having a fucking good time?" and got screams of joy in reply. Ah how I love my ability to hide in the open.

By the end of the show I was completely wiped in buying the hoodie I hadn't had enough money for food and apparently the other guys hadn't thought about money so we were broke and starving at eleven-thirty at night. As everyone else cleared out we stood at the front of the stage. With in twenty minutes no one was left but us and
. a young security guard around twenty-five with short brown hair and big blue eyes walked over to us and said politely, "Ma'am you and your friends need to leave."

I smiled at him and said, “I believe you were looking for me,” and pulled out my drivers permit and handed it to him. He stared jaw dropped comparing the picture on the permit to my current appearance. "No wonder no one found you, come on, people were beginning to think you weren't here and didn't stay for the big show but obviously you did." I smiled at the guys reassuringly as the security guard took us threw a door no one was aloud to go into without a pass.

As we walked in I was surprised to find that it was back stage where there were couches and doors all over the place for dressing rooms and currently the couches were filled with My Chemical Romance, Billy Talent, and Lyn-z. "Hey dad!" I yelled from across the room still very hyper and practically deaf from the speakers, "We're hungry, thirsty, and probably in a shit-load of trouble but can we at least eat before you yell at us." Taking off my sunglasses I put on my best puppy face and watched as everyone stared jaw dropped quite similar to what Adam, Zach, and Kyle had.

"Oh my god Gerard she's a fucking genius she like hid out in the open," Frank yelled standing up causing me to roll my eyes and laugh. Benjamin stood up and said with a smirk, "Well Miss Avery Caitlyn Way you caused quite an uproar did you enjoy the show? Wait I already asked you that."

Finally after waiting for nearly a year I got to meet all of Billy Talent although it was a rather short visit because we really were starving. My dad had decided I needed to be in the car alone with him so he placed Lyn-z in Adam's car as we drove to Sonic for food. I was pretty sure I was totally screwed. "Now Avery considering you completely disobeyed me I should probably punish you but considering that was an amazing disguise and pure genius I'm letting you off the hook just this time." That sentence was the start of a new and improved relationship with my dad and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably my favorite chapter :)
I love my twenty-one subscribers.
Marieke