Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Third Degree

Chapter 16
The next morning I changed into a pair of dark blue jeans, black tank top with a green one on top, and black high top converses before applying dark purple eye shadow, black eyeliner, and mascara. Smiling I walked downstairs into the kitchen to see Frank sitting on the bar stool holding a package covered in black wrapping paper and purple ribbon. "Happy Birthday Avery," Frank said holding the gift out to me.

I practically pounced on it with a smile before ripping off the paper revealing a purple Clandestine hoodie. Instantly I slipped it on and hugged him. "I know my present was awesome and all but it couldn't have gotten you this happy what's going on." I giggled knowing full well because I was beyond happy I was going out with Trevor.

"Well," I said smiling, "Ah there's this guy-" Frank cut me off by saying, "Oh god how many times do I have to tell you all boys are jackasses. This boy whoever he is, is no different." I sighed he was just like any other dad, and he wasn't even my dad, Putting a fake smile on my face I said, "I got to go, Adam's here. Can you please tell my dad I need to take my driving test."

Not waiting for an answer I ran outside to see Adam's car already pulled up in the driveway waiting. Sliding into the passenger seat I took one longing glance at my new car I shut the door behind me. Smiling at Adam I said, "Guess what happened last night?"

"Let me guess Trevor asked you out and you said yes," Adam said faking a bored tone causing me to glare at him. "Zach and I already knew he was going to, he had to get permission from us or risk getting his ass kicked. I thought you would have known that." I rolled my eyes and sat in silence the rest of the ride. When we pulled up to the school I could feel the nervous butterflies formed in my stomach as I got out of the car and walked over towards our table where Trevor, Kyle, and Zach all sat.

The moment Trevor saw me he smiled and ushered me over to sit next to him. It took everything in my power not to run just to sit next to Trevor. "Hey guys," I said smiling at them while taking a seat next to Trevor as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Kyle stared at Trevor's arm like it was satanic while Zach just gave Trevor the thumbs up and Adam mumbled something about this being gross.

<b>Kyle's POV</b>
I couldn't believe it, the fucking bastard was holding Avery like she was his. She would never be his not if I could help it. Shocks of anger pulsed threw my body as I watched him whisper things into her ear causing her flawless pale face to turn bright red. I'd never seen her blush before. How was I going to get them to split? Glancing around I saw Cambria glaring at Avery jealousy written on her face. Perfect.

<b>Avery's POV</b>
My entire school day was a blur it went by so fast, the bell just rang letting school out and I was waiting next to Adam's locker so he could give me a ride home when Cambria and Piper approached me. Cambria glared at me hate in her eyes. "What are you doing with Trevor? He's my guy everyone knows that I like him," Cambria hissed trying to act intimidating but the fact was she would have been ever if she got the football team behind her.

I rolled my eyes and began walking away when Cambria grabbed hold of my arm digging her perfectly manicured nails. She was such an idiot, I thought to myself grabbing her arms and twisting it making her let go before I walked away doing my best not to notice the blood that was dripping from the cuts. As I walked out the front door I could feel someone's presence beside me thinking it was Cambria I turned around ready to punch her only to realize it was a very confused Trevor.

"Avery what happened?" he asked grabbing my wrist a worried look on his face. "Nothing to worry about just Cambria being a jealous brat no big deal," I said simply smiling at him as we continued walking out the door. Trevor, almost in a shy way, grabbed my hand as we walked.

Adam was already there and rolled his eyes as we approached, "Come on lovebird get in the car," Adam said getting in the front seat and slamming the door. I smiled at Trevor before giving him a hug and getting in the passenger seat. The ride was silent in the beginning until Adam said, "You like Trevor a lot don't you. You were never this happy with Max. It's nice, but I don't think Kyle like it much."

"You have no idea," I said simply not explaining as I got out of the car and walked into the house. Gerard was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen. "So I heard that you have a boyfriend from a certain unnamed source," he said looking at me.

I rolled my eyes, Frank told. "Yes I do," I mumbled plopping down beside him. This was going to be so awkward, I suddenly wished he were on tour not staying here until summer. "I want to meet this boy and make sure he checks out okay. It's likely you are out of his league and I will be forced to get rid of him." I sighed knowing full well Trevor was going to be forced to take the third degree from the entire band and if Eric were here and not Iraq he would be in for an even more terrifying time. I still remember that time I went to visit my mom and the boy next door had a crush on me, well when Eric found out he set him down to have a 'talk' and the boy wouldn't come with in ten feet of me after that.

"Yes I know I know you're going to sit him down give him the third degree tell him to never come near me again if he wants to live then your going to tell me you don't like him, I'm going to ignore you continue dating him if he doesn't listen to your warning and either end up hurt because it was a mistake or very happy because he's not a complete jackass like you think every guy that wants to date your 'little' girl is," I said in one breath making him stare. We both knew it was true that was exactly what was going to happen.

Gerard looked at me with a 'what the fuck' look before saying, "You can't go out with him until I meet him and that's final. Don't try me if I catch you, you will regret it." Rolling my eyes I walked upstairs throwing my bag on the floor and pulling out my sidekick while typing in Trevor's number.

"Hey Trevor," I said in a much happier voice as soon as he picked up, "You know how we were going to hang out on Friday well that can't happen-" he cut me off by saying in an extremely hurt voice, "Your fucking breaking up with me already. We've only been going out for a day. I'm not just going to sit here and let you walk on me. I didn't think you were the kind of person that would use someone."

I waited for him to finish knowing I couldn't interrupt him he would just ignore me and continue his rant. "Trevor as I was saying it can't happen until," I said putting emphasis on until, "My dad and his band meets interrogates, and nearly kills you," I finished trying to sound as casual and this is no big deal at all. In all honesty I really wanted my dad to like him just because I didn't want to lie to him constantly while I continued going out with him.

"Oh," Trevor said sounding embarrassed by his outburst when he suddenly realized what I had just said, "Wait what? I have to meet your dad? Like the one that is extremely protective of you and is not on tour to save me?" He sounded like he was stressing a bit, that must mean Adam and Zach having been talking to him about Gerard.

Sighing I said in a positive tone, "Trevor it will be fine I'm sure he'll like you just like I do." Okay maybe that was a lie but he was freaking out and I didn't want him to think he was completely screwed or anything, what kind of girlfriend would I be? "Oh my god I'm going to fucking die and did you mention something about the rest of the band. That's like four other dads that each want to kill me." I sighed this wasn't good.

<b>Trevor's POV</b>
I couldn't believe this was happening, Avery's dad wanted to meet me. Zach and Adam had told me stories about how Gerard had yelled at them and accused them of dating Avery. Groaning I buried my head in my pillow, I finally got Avery to go out with me and I was going to die without even kissing her yet. I had just hung up with Avery and was now faced with the fact I was going to have to win her dad over.

How can I win a famous rock star over? I'm known around school for being part of Colton's gang that beats people up, my dad's in jail, my mom's an alcoholic, and I don't really have anything to offer his precious daughter. I had put so much thought and effort into getting to date Avery I hadn’t thought of the things that could go wrong and I would have to face with. Why couldn't she just have a dad that doesn't care about who his daughter was dating?

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion I mean at least I don't have to meet her step dad Adam said he really would kill me. Sighing I laid my head down on my pillow. One things for sure I have never dreaded Friday this much in my life, I had to meet my girlfriend's dad(s).
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you dare!