Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Punishment

Chapter 19
When I got home after being suspended my dad was waiting for me on the living room sofa wearing a stone face and empty eyes. "What the fuck were you thinking," he hissed as I stood there nervous. I knew I shouldn’t have punched her no matter how good it felt to see her on the floor crying. "She deserved it," was all I said hoping he'd go for it.

"Your grounded until you go back to school next Monday no seeing Trevor at all," Gerard said smirking. He was good how did he know I would want to see Trevor a.s.a.p. after the entire situation. Sighing I walked upstairs and took a seat on my bed pulling out my sidekick that now had nearly twenty-one missed calls, six voice mails, and thirty-six text messages.

Smiling at the fact my friends cared so much I went threw and deleted all the messages before calling Trevor. "Hey," I said as soon as he picked up his phone. "Are you alright, your dad didn't kill you or anything right?" I laughed at his concern. He really was an amazing guy. "Trevor I'm really sorry but I'm grounded from seeing you until Monday, but we can talk until then."

We began to talk about random stuff for the rest of the night, I could tell he was disappointed, but he could get over it I wasn't going to be able to change my dad's mind he was much to pissed for that. This week was going to be so boring I realized, my friends were at school half the day and I couldn’t exactly go and hang out with them then and my dad was going to drag me everywhere with him.

The next morning I was annoyingly awoken by my dad slamming on my door yelling, "Get up you have to come to a photo shoot with the band and I because I don't trust you to not do something stupid out of boredom." Sighing I rolled out of bed before walking over to my closet and pulling on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a black tank top with a red one over it, a bunch of black jelly blankets, and black high top converses. Then I applied red eye shadow, black eyeliner, and mascara before walking down stairs where my dad was waiting by the door holding a cup of coffee.

"Come on lets go," Gerard said leading me out to his Mercedes Benz and ushering me towards the front seat. Getting in the passenger seat I took control of the radio and put it on 101X. The ride was silent my dad obviously was still very upset and wanted time to get over it. I guess it was because I hadn't got suspended sense freshman year when I got caught in a group fight between my group of friends and some football players.

The ride was long and boring apparently the photo shoot was taking place in Newark, which were a couple hours away. By the time I climbed out of the front seat of the car and started walking towards the large building that was part of Rolling Stones (I think that's what my dad said) I was ready to shoot someone. Inside the building we were immediately attacked by a woman with shoulder length red hair, thick-rimmed glasses, pale complexion, hazel eyes, and an extremely professional look.

I soon found out that her name was Francesca Wyle and she was supposed to show 'Mr. Way' to the photo shoot. I rolled my eyes the entire time already annoyed by her. She obviously didn't care about music or anything just pleasing people. "Who's she?" she asked my dad as we walked down the hallway towards where the photographer was waiting along with the rest of the band.

"This is my daughter who managed to get suspended from school and will now be dragged around with us for the entire day," Gerard said not even glancing at me as we entered the room where the rest of the band were sitting around surrounded by make-up artists and stylists. My dad walked away with the rest of the guys and was attacked by people papering him for the photo shoot.

Rolling my eyes I pulled out my ipod and put the buds in my ears allowing the sweet well not really sweet in the least lyrics of Jack Off Jill fill my ears. This was going to be a long boring day. By the time the photo shoot had actually started I had found a chair near the back of the room out of every ones way. How could this much effort be put into taking pictures. I couldn't imagine today getting any better or at least that was until a make-up artist walked over.

Her name was Kayla, she was probably one of the coolest girls I'd ever met. She had long blond hair with purple streaks and dark emerald colored eyes. I didn't have many friends that were girls, but Kayla was awesome. She was nineteen and was shockingly hired due to the fact that during her interview she offered to do her boss's daughters make-up when she showed up to go to lunch with her dad, the daughter loved the make-up job so much that she made her dad hire Kayla.

"So you got a boyfriend?" Kayla asked as we sat around talking not paying attention to the other people who were freaking out at every little problem trying to make everything as perfect as humanly possible.

I grinned wide and nodded while saying, "His name is Trevor and he is amazing he sure beats all the other guys I've dated." She laughed at my reaction and began talking about her boyfriend Austin who just turned twenty-one and loved throwing it in her face. By the time the photo shoot was over Kayla and I had traded emails, numbers, and planned to hang out soon. Kayla also declared that if I met Austin she'd have to meet Trevor.

"That was fun you should take me to those more often," I said to my dad as I got in the passenger seat of the car. He glared at me obviously having thought that making me come would be a punishment, which it would have if I hadn't met Kayla. "Well I'm hungry can we eat something?" I asked looking at the clock that read three twenty-eight.

Gerard looked like he wanted to say no, but then realized I had not eaten anything today and pulled into the nearest IHOP much to my surprise. We walked in side by side and got a table. My dad had on a hat and sunglasses for a disguise but personally I thought they made him stand out more, but whatever. Our waiter was cute and was flirting with me much to my dad's dismay, but I am way to preoccupied with Trevor to even think of throwing it away with some waiter who looked to be in college, and left his number on a napkin at our table when we were paying the bill.

When my dad saw the number on the napkin he threatened to tell the manager and get him fired, but I just rolled my eyes, and walked outside and got in the car. He joined me minutes later and continued our silent car ride home. By that evening I was so annoyed with my dad's unnatural silence I called him out on it, "Dad I know I shouldn't have got in a fight and got my self suspended again, but I'm sorry I wasn't really thinking and she really did deserve it so there is no need to ignore me," I told him walking away up stairs.

By the next day we were back on normal talking bases and I spent my long boring days hanging out with Lyn-z or staying up in my room on myspace or facebook. Kayla had talked to me every night sense we met and we spent the time talking about our lives and stuff. She told me that she suspected Austin might be cheating on her and I told her about what it was like to have Gerard as a father and how much it sucked to still be in high school for another two years.

It was Saturday when I finally got to see one of my friends and I can a sure you it was not the one I wanted to see. Gerard and Lyn-z were out talking to managers and stuff about their preparation for the tour that was coming up soon when the doorbell rang down stairs. I shot up out of bed and ran downstairs I was so bored an in need of human contact I hadn't thought to check and see if I wanted to talk to the person when I opened the door and I was sadly stuck wishing I hadn't.

Kyle was standing there smiling at me as if our entire relationship hadn't changed when he kissed me last week. "What do you want?" I hissed as he stood there still smiling. He laughed and said, "Oh I can't come see my best friend," before walking inside without any permission granted. He looked very smug with himself. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked slamming the door shut and glaring at him.

As soon as the door shut he pressed his lips to mine in a full-blown kiss. I shoved him away and glared but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but feel scared. It reminded me of Max and now there wasn't going to be anyone to stumble on us like there was with Max. Kyle isn't Max, I reminded myself. "Come on Avery tell me you don't feel something? I'm so much better then Trevor ever will be. I've been your best friend for years how can you honestly ignore me and go out with him," Kyle accused me taking a step forward.

I just stepped aside opened the door and pointed towards the street while hissing, "Out. I like Trevor a lot and if you were really my friend you would leave it be and not put me in this kind of position." Kyle just smirked at me and walked out but not before saying some words that haunted me the rest of the weekend, "I'll make you change your mind, Avery. I'll reveal all those bastards for what they really are. Believe me you'll see it my way and will be thankful I'm so forgiving and will accept you back." I had no idea what he was talking about but it kept me up that night and the next, especially the next. Monday would be so much more then I expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you dare