Punk Princess: Skater Boy, Trouble, and Music

Tour

Chapter 21
Avery's POV
I had just done the stupidest thing in my entire life, as soon as I saw Kyle point the gun at Trevor I ran towards Kyle and tackled him to the floor. The gun shot went off and the window of the classroom shattered. In his state of shock Kyle dropped the gun just as the door shot open revealing twenty or so men all wearing bullet protection vests that said SWAT on the front in white letters.

Instantly they grabbed Kyle and pinned him against a wall putting handcuffs on him as he screamed, "I love you Avery I fucking did it for you!" I ignored him and ran over to Zach applying pressure to his bullet wound while Trevor wrapped his arms around my waist burying his head in my back. Soon the SWAT team was replaced by the medics who took Zach, and the bodies away, but both Trevor and I refused to be checked out. Trevor wouldn't let go of me if his life depended on it as we walked down the hallway all the to the front doors.

Tears were flowing freely down my face the entire time, my best friend was dead. I hadn't actually realized it until now my best friend was dead and was never coming back. I was shaking as we made our way out the front door medics and cops following us like hawks. There was a crowd of people and cameras all staring at us. My eyes searched the crowd until I found people that I was surprised to see. Right next to Adam's parents, Zach's parents and brother was the entire My Chemical Romance and Lyn-z.

"Oh my god we have to tell them," I cried to Trevor as we made our way threw ignoring the cops that were telling us to wait or the medics saying we needed to be looked at. I was covered in my best friends blood and all I wanted to do was wake up from this bad sick dream. We ducked under the crime scene tape and were instantly attacked by questions all of which we ignored until finally I turned to a reporter that was particularly bothering me and hissed, "I just saw my best friend die will you leave me the hell alone?"

After I did that Trevor took it upon himself to drag me out of there knowing I might punch the next person. As soon as we got over to the parents I was attacked by hugs. My dad held me so tight I thought he'd kill me and I got a similar response out of Frank. "Thank god you are okay I love you so much Avery," my dad said burying me in a large hug.

I never thought I would be so happy to see my dad in my entire life but I knew I had to do something no matter how much it crushed me as I walked over to David and Angela Parker or better known as Adam's parents. "I'm glad you're okay Avery," Angela said threw her tear stained face, "Do you know where Adam is?"

"I'm sorry," was all I had to say to confirm her worst fears. She broke down screaming and crying her pain and agony obvious. I wanted so much to comfort her but I couldn't do anything to help her, I couldn't bring Adam back as much as I wanted to.

The days went by like minutes after that it was all a big blur. I could only remember small glitches of waiting in the hospital with Logan, Trevor, and the rest of Zach's family. Thankfully he was okay because I really don't think I could have managed another friend dying. Adam's funeral was the worst day of my life, watching the casket with Adam inside being lowered into the earth tore me apart. I bawled my eyes out as I stared at the stone grave stone with the words Adam Lee Parker engraved into it.

My life had completely changed. Zach, Trevor, Logan, and I were the closest we'd ever been before. We were always with each other usually at my dad's house because of his newfound protectiveness for me. A month after Adam's death Gerard announced to me that I was going on tour with him whether I liked it or not and for some reason I was happy I didn't want to be here.

If there was anything possibly good at all that came out of this was that I decided I wanted to be a doctor, I wanted to be able to save people not watch them die. So with that thought in mind the last month and a half of going to a new school I raised all my grades and began trying in school. It was something I would ever say was good enough that I wouldn't take back that day anyway.

School had just been let out and I was going on tour with my dad the next day so Trevor and I were sitting on my bed watching a movie. His arms were wrapped protectively around my waist as we sat there, he had become much more protective if that was possible after the entire incident. I smiled and buried my head into his shoulder while saying, "I'm going to miss you so much during tour."

"I know you will but when the shows pass threw New Jersey I'll see you then and I swear I'll call you everyday and I won't fall out of contact with you. I put to much effort into getting you to lose you over a summer," he mumbled kissing me lightly on the forehead. I smiled at him I shockingly believed him. That night I fell a sleep in his arms and we were both shocked to find my dad didn't come upstairs and yell at us like he usually does.

The next morning it took everything in my power not to cry as I grabbed my duffle bag that was covered in patches of my favorite band and threw it on the bed I chose on the tour bus. There were two busses one for MSI and MCR but by the end of choosing both Kitty and Lyn-z were on the same bus as Frank, Gerard, and I. Mikey, Ray, and Bob were on the MSI bus.

I kissed Trevor goodbye and walked up the stairs of the house on wheels. It was actually quite amazing, it had about four game systems hooked up to a TV, six beds, a mini kitchen, and thankfully A.C. I couldn't live without it during the long summer. By noon we were well on the road and I had entered an all out war with Frank while playing Halo 2 with Frank.

"Your going to love tour Avery, " Frank said, "You get to meet so many people and you get to sell our merch." I laughed at him, I had only agreed to help sell merch because I knew for a fact I'd get bored doing all this stuff on my own. It was true after I got threw the first few stops I did like tour I had a routine we'd drive most of the night stop at a venue, I'd sell merch for a couple hours, watch the show, and help out with the frenzy of people that come at the end. It was the same everyday and I'd met a lot of cool people and some not so cool people.

Well it wasn't really not so cool people it was more like a not so cool person, Nick, He was a guitar tech for Mindless Self Indulgence and from all the signs he gave he was into me even with the three year age difference. He especially enjoyed showing up and bugging me while I sold merch in the middle of the day because it was the only part of the day none of the MCR guys were with me because they would get attacked by fans.

Right now I was selling merch and I could see Nick approaching from the distance as I handed a shirt to some fan girl who freaked when she realized I was Gerard Way's daughter. Nick wasn't bad looking with his short spike blond hair and dark hazel eyes, but the fact was I really like Trevor and was still talking to him on a daily bases, he had kept his promise and kept in contact with me and I had to admit it made me like him more.

"Hello Avery," Nick said leaning against the counter, "You know were going to stick here for an extra day we should go out tomorrow." I glared at him this wasn't the first time he had done this during the tour in fact it was probably nineteenth time this month.

I sighed and said in an annoyed voice, "I've already told you for the thousandth time I have a boyfriend and him and I are getting along great we won't be breaking up any time soon plus I'm underage." He never gave up and it really pissed me off. Pulling out my cell phone I started texting Kayla, she was a lifesaver. <i>Kayla Nick wont leave me alone come down here and beat him up.</i>

Kayla practically gave me an instant reply while Nick continued leaning on the counter trying to get me to date him. <i>Sorry babe I'll be able to do it in a couple weeks when u come threw NJ sorry I got to go Austin is taking me on a date <3Kayla</i>. I sighed in annoyance and turned to the guy next to me named Jordan who was also selling merch with me. He had tattoo-covered arms, spiked Mohawk with purple tips, and a deadly glare. For someone so intimidating he didn't help me out with Nick at all.

"I'm leaving," I told him ducking under the table and walking away with Nick following me like a lost puppy. "Fuck off," I told him as I walked around the back of the venue where the fans were not aloud only the band members and people like me who had an all access pass. I was looking for one of the guys from My Chemical Romance. I practically jumped for joy when I saw Frank sitting on a couch relaxing next to a fan. "Fuck off," I hissed at Nick and sat down next to Frank.

Nick sighed and took one last look at me before walking away. He may not be as bad as some others were but the fact was I missed Trevor and anything that remotely reminded me of him annoyed me because I wanted to be with him. Sighing I shut my eyes and allowed myself to enjoy the light breeze of the fan. It was so hot during summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe if you dare!