‹ Prequel: Something More
Status: Currently Editing/Revamping

That Should Be Me

015

Kelsey is sitting in front of me, I sigh

“Kelse we need to talk” I said and she looked at me

“Ok talk” She said.

“Listen… I have had the best time being with you Kelse, and all the time we had together has been amazing…” I began. She stood quiet and didn’t look me in the eyes. “But… when I came back to California and saw my ex girlfriend, I realized I was never over her.” I said

“So… what are you saying Nick?” She asked me. “I’m saying I think we should break-up.” I said and that’s when the tears came.

“I don’t get it.” She said.

“There isn’t much to get Kelse, I love her.” I said referring to D.

“What you don’t love me?” She asked.

“I do Kelse, just not as much as I love her.” I told her, she put her head down. I heard her sobs and I stood up and held her.

“I’m sorry Kelsey.” I said, she didn’t say anything, she just cried. She looked at me and she kissed me passionately, yet I felt nothing.

“I love you Nick” She told me, but I didn’t say it back. I let her go.

“Sorry.” I repeated. She shook her head and she stood up and wiped her tears. “

Don’t worry about it.” She said “When do you want me to leave?”

“I don’t care, you can stay however long you want to.” I said, she nodded and she walked upstairs.

I sighed. “So you two broke up.” I heard Joe say and I turn around to see him.

“Yeah” I said.

“For D?” he asked.

“Yes” I said.

"You should have just stayed with Kelsey, Nick” He said and I looked at him confused.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because Nick you can’t just come back here and make everything go back to normal, it isn’t going to happen” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Nick, you can fool around with D as much as you’d like, but you’re never ever going to get her back.” He said

“Why are you being such a dick Joe?” I asked him as I moved closer to him.

“Because Nick she is mine, you may not think that, but she is” He said.

“You fucking wish” I said.

“I can’t wish for what I already have” He said.

“Bull shit.” I said and I walked out the door and went straight to D’s house.

She answered the door right away. “Hey.” I said

“Hi”

I pulled her into a hug. “Mmm, ready to be mine again?” I asked her and she nodded and she shuts the door behind me and we both sit on her couch. I kiss her and before I knew it we were making out.

“Geeze don’t forget to breathe you two.” We heard Haley say and we stopped kissing, I smiled.

“Hey can I talk to you for a sec?” I asked her.

“Sure.”

“Let’s take a walk” I said and I grabbed her hand and we left. I intertwined my fingers with hers.

“Joe started talking to me today about you.”

She looked at me “What did he say?” She asked.

“He said that you were his.” I said.

“What?”

“And that I’m never going to get you back.” I said.

“Well you have me Nick” she said and I smiled.

“So how did Ricky take it?” I asked, she stood quiet for a little.

“Ok I guess.” She said.

“What about you?” She asked me

“Not very good.”

“Oh”

“But that’s ok because I have you now” I said.

“Mhmm” She said and she smiled. “I love you” I said

“I love you too” She replied.

~~~~~~~~~

I went over to Nick’s house, Joe opened the door.

“Hey D” he said.

“Hi Joe is Nick here?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He said letting me inside. He shut the door, I noticed Kelsey sitting on the couch, and she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

“He’s upstairs” Joe said

"Thanks” I said and I walked upstairs and into his room, Nick had a towel wrapped around his waist and he was all wet. Shit he looked sexy. He looked at me

“Oh hey.” He said not seeming slightly embarrassed he was just in a towel. He kept one hand on his towel and he walked over to me and kissed me.

“Hi.” I said. I sat on his bed and he walked over to his dresser and opened his top drawer looking for a pair of boxers. He found some and I watched him slip them on. He sat next to me on the bed. “Why is Kelsey still here?” I asked. “She leaves tomorrow. She couldn’t find a plane ticket before.” He said

“Oh” I said

“Yep” He said and he kissed me, he got on top of me and began sucking on my neck, his wet hair dripped on me but I didn’t care. I let my hands roam his body as he continued to suck on my neck

“Mmm I love you Nicholas” I said and he mumbled an ‘I love you too.’ After a few more minutes of him sucking my neck, I moved him and kissed his lips.

“Your turn” I said as I did the exact same as he did. After a few moments I went to the bathroom.

“Damn Nick you left a mark!” I said to him and he walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, he kissed the ‘hickey’ he left,

“You marked me too babe” He said and I laughed softly. I kissed his jaw. We heard a knock at his door, Nick grabbed my hand and we walked to his door and he opened it and Kelsey was standing there.

“Uh Kelsey, what do you-” He began, but she cut him off, “Can we talk?” She asked, Nick looked at her, he looked a little pissed.

“No” He said as he looked at our hands that were entwined with each others. Kelsey’s gaze went to our hands too.

“Nick, just talk to her.” I whispered and he looked at me, then Kelsey looked at my neck and I covered the mark Nick left me with my free hand.

“We can talk later Kelsey not now.” He said

“Ok” She said quietly and she walked away.

“You’re so mean Nick” I joked

“No I’m not she only wanted to talk to me because you’re here.” He said.

I kissed him

“Go out with me tonight” Nick said.

“Okay.” I said and he smiled. We laid on his bed, just holding hands and talking about our past, now and even our future. Which was a bit crazy, Nick was seriously, I mean seriously in love with me.

Now I was really starting to regret what I haven’t told Nick yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Comment please. Subscribe thanks :) Love you guys!