‹ Prequel: Something More
Status: Currently Editing/Revamping

That Should Be Me

016

Kelsey went back to Colorado, I felt like I did before I left three years ago; totally and completely in love.

My cell phone rang, “Hello?” I said.

“Hey Nick its Cass.” I heard her say

“Hey Cassidy, what’s up?” I asked and the doorbell rang, I went to answer the door as Cassidy said

“Nothing really…” and I opened the door.

“Cassidy?” I said as I saw her standing at the door.

“Hi Nick.” She said as she hung up her phone and I did the same.

“What are you-” I began and then she broke down. I looked at her and pulled her inside and shut the door behind her.

“What’s wrong Cass?” I asked

“He cheated on me and I lost you as my best friend, my life’s a mess!” She said. “I’m still your best friend” I said and I hugged her.

She sat on the couch and I sat beside her and we talked for a bit, then the doorbell rang again.

“Hold on a sec” I told Cassidy and I answered the door.

“Hi baby” I said

“Hey.” She said, I kissed her and let her inside.

“Oh hi Cassidy.” D said.

“D?” She said confused.

"Nick you didn’t tell me you and D were back together” She said.

“It just sorta happened.” I said with a smile.

“Oh” She said with a slight smile, I nodded and sat back on the couch and D sat beside me and I put my arm around her.

“You ok Cass?” I asked her. She shook her head no and put her head on my chest, I tensed up and felt D shift away from me. I looked at D and she looked uncomfortable.

“Uh Cassidy” I began and she looked up at me then at D.

“Sorry” She mumbled and she sat up.

“Uh I’ll come back later” D said as she got up. I grabbed her hand

“No, stay.” I told her.

“Nick its ok, I have to get some things done anyway.” She said.

“Okay.” I said softly and I got up and walked her to the door.

“I’ll text you.” She said.

“Okay, I love you.” I said and I kissed her.

“I love you too.”

I shut the door behind me and re-claimed my seat next to Cassidy.

“Nick…” She said.

“Yeah?” I asked

“Why did you date Kelsey, break up with her then go back out with D, when you surely knew I was in love with you.” She said. I just looked at her

Too many girls were in love with me and I couldn’t handle it. Cassidy moved closer to me. “Uh I dated Kelsey because I truly needed to get over D, as horrible as that sounds. It didn’t work at all so I came back here to get D back.” I said.

“But Nick I’m seriously in-” I cut her off. “No you’re not Cass. Don’t be in love with me, being in love with me is just complicated and a pain in the ass, ask D” I said

“Nick I seriously just want a chance…” She said.

“I’m sorry.” I said

Damn, I’m a fucking heartbreaker, it made me feel terrible

“Do you have somewhere to stay?” I asked her, she shook her head.

“You can stay here if you’d like.” I said and she told me ok and thanks.

It was around 11 pm and I was lying in bed, I was almost asleep when my phone vibrated.

Hey sexy it was from D and I smiled and replied, Hey beautiful.

What’s up? Did I wake you?

Eh kind of

Sorry, I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over :)

Ok sure be there soon xx

Kay, hurry ;)

“Fuck, I love you D” I said and I kissed her

“I love you too” She said. She stopped kissing me and I laid beside her, she laid her head on my chest and I put my arm around her.

“I won’t ever leave like that again D” I said.

“Nick just forget about that okay?” she said

"Ok” I whispered

“Will you stay?” She asked me.

“Don’t worry I’ll be here when you wake up” I said smiling at her, I kissed her head and she fell asleep on my chest.

*

“Mmm how long have you been awake?” D asked me while rubbing her eyes sleepily.

“Awhile.” I said

“Oh, so what are you doing today?” she asked me.

“I don’t know.” I said.

“Oh.”

“Mhmm” I said as I got out of her bed.

“Where are you going?” She asked me

“Home, do you want to come with?” I asked her with a smile, she nodded and got out of bed to get ready.

Me, D and Cassidy were watching a movie in my room and I went downstairs to get some popcorn

*

“So Cassidy how’s uh college?” I asked.

“Don’t talk to me” She said. I was so confused,

“What?” I asked.

“Nick is my best friend and soon enough he’ll be my boyfriend.” She said.

“Excuse me?” I asked

“And Joe told me you never dumped that Ricky guy, so if you don’t break up with Nick tonight, for good. I will tell Nick your little secret.” She said.

Are you even serious right now? This bitch couldn’t take Nick away from me or could she? I opened my mouth to speak but Nick walked through the door and took his seat by me.

“Miss me?” He asked me with a smirk.

“Of course” I said quietly and he kissed my head.

I stayed at Nick house until it was pretty late, it was 11:30 pm and Cassidy wanted me to dump Nick now, but I didn’t have the heart or the guts to.

“Nick can we talk?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Yeah sure.” He said, I grabbed his hand and led him out the front door.

“What’s up?” He asked,

“You know Cassidy is really in love with you, maybe you two should I dunno, give it a try?” I said

“What are you saying D?” He asked hurt

“That you should be with her.” I said and Nick’s expression changed from hurt to anger.

“THERE YOU GO AGAIN, TRYING TO HAND ME OFF TO SOME OTHER GIRL, IF I WANTED TO BE WITH HER I WOULD BE WITH HER, NOT YOU.” He yelled.

“Nick have you seen the way she looks at you?” I asked.

“Do I look like a give a fuck?” He asked rudely.

"Nick just go be with her alright?” I said and I began to walk away and he grabbed my arm.

“Why are you pushing me away?” He asked. I ignored that question.

I couldn’t answer it, I was hurting him and that hurt me.

“Nick just leave me alone” I said and I pulled my arm free from his grip but he grabbed me harder this time.

“Let me go.” I said

“No not until you explain why you’re acting like this.” He said

“Nick seriously let me go” I said while trying to loosen myself from his grip.

“Please…” I said and he let go of me.

“D just explain.” He said.

“Just leave me alone ok?” I said.

"No.” he said..

“Seriously fuck off.” I said and he looked at me with a pained expression and went back inside.

*

I walked upstairs to my room, Cassidy was still there. “I’m going to bed.” I told her

“Oh okay.” She said “Night…”

I slammed my door and I stripped down to my boxers and I laid on my bed.

I was furious, upset, livid, sad and very much in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh Nick :(

Comment. Sorry its took a while to get this chapter out, I've been busy studying for finals, but tomorrow is my last day of school so updates so be out daily :))