For The Good Of The Pack.

The History Of A Beta.

I was standing over the stove cooking when Julian came in. He stomped into the kitchen with boots FULL of mud and dropped his backpack in a chair.

“Hey Rayland…are you cooking?”

I was too caught up in all the mud on the floor to say anything back.

“Rayland what’s wrong?

“You…mud…GET OUT!!!” I screeched coming at him with the spoon I was holding.

He put his hands up and backed away from me.

“Whoa chill out. I’ll get it latter. No worries.” He gave me smile that I thought was going to brake his face.

Julian had gone upstairs to shower and change out of his work clothes. Not only were his boots full of mud but he looked like he had gone swimming in the stuff.

All of a sudden I heard feet stopping down the stairs.

“Rayland did you go in my room?” Julian said walking around the corner.

I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Uhhhh no. Devin told me not to go in there. Why would I wanna go in there anyways?”

I was a bad liar so I was really hoping that he was bad at noticing them.

“Oh really?”

I nodded.

“Then why did I smell you up there?”

I turned back to the stove and started stirring.

“I just went up there to look around…but I never went in your room.”

Julian walked up behind me and whispered in my ear “You are the worst liar I have ever met.”

I didn’t want to turn my head and be submissive so I turned around and got real close to his face

“I try”

We where sitting at the table eating and not talking. It was awkward for me but it didn’t look like Julian minded. He was shoveling food in as fast as it would go. I had a few questions for him…but I didn’t know how to start. ‘Just say it you wimp!’ my mind was so mean to me.

“Julian?”

He looked up from his plate.

“Hrumguler?”

His mouth was almost overflowing.

“Umm where am I sleeping tonight?”

He swallowed his food. I almost thought he was gonna choke.

“Wherever you want to.”

I was surprised at this. And I guess it showed on my face.

“What do you think I’m gonna rape you or something, Rayland?”

“Psh no…I just…I thought…nevermind.” I said looking down and putting food in my mouth.
.
“Julian?”

“Yersh?”

“What did you mean the other day about living in a pack like mine?”

Julian all of a sudden got this intense look on his face.

“I lived in Montana with my pack. We had 14 people. All the males were very…manly men. I wasn’t as big as my age mates and none of the girls liked me, not that I cared. But my father thought I was weak. He tried to make me stronger and bigger, but I wasn’t growing.” Julian took a breath but continued on. “My father finally got fed up with me. At first it was just a few slaps. Then it was weekly beatings, then daily. Devin came through town when I was 10. He likes to meet the pack of the town he’s staying in. Well he made a comment on me and my father pushed me off on him. I’ve been with Devin’s pack ever since.”

My eyes had started watering in the middle of his story but I wouldn’t let them spill over.

“Julian-”

“No.” He interrupted me. “Don’t need pity. The last time I saw my dad he asked me to come back. I guess it was because I was the Beta. I laughed in his face. What about you girl? I don’t know anything other then you can cook like a beast.”

He was so cute!! But I can’t let him get to me. I’m running away as soon as I can.

“Ha thanks…I learned to cook from my mother. She was killed by my now step-mother. My step-mother challenged her at last years choosing. My mom was never a good fighter. I trained every day since then so I could kill my step-mother. My dad is a dick-weed, but you know all about that.” Julian just kinda stared at me for a minute.

“So! Where do you wanna sleep? I can sleep on the couch if you wanna sleep in my room?”

Aww! Julian was so sweet. ‘No Rayland you can’t get attached!’ Ugh my mind ruins everything.

“It’s fine, I’ll sleep in your bed….with you. But don’t expect anything!”

Julian just smiled at me and took his plate and mine to the sink.

“I can get the dishes tomorrow. I’m tired.”

I started over to the sink. I was taught not to leave dirty dishes.

“I can get them now. It’ll only take me a minute. You can go to bed now its fine.”

Julian didn’t say anything. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dedicate this chapter to Dark Insanity. I hope you like it. It would suck to have a chap dedicated to you and have the chapter sucks lol. This is for you!!

Comments=Love!!

Thanks for reading ^_^