‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

29 So As We Hit The Hospital

********************
Ann’s POV

“Brendon!”

I bolted up in the bed I was in. The first person I laid my eyes on was Pete. He was sitting on a couch from across the room. He looked at me with a blank look and back down to the floor.

William came out of no where and was now near me, “Lie down.”

“Pete-”

William was trying to sound calm, “You’re hallucinating. Lie down.”

I looked over to William and shook my head, “I don’t-”

He pushed back on my shoulders, “Lie down Ann.”

I looked over to where Pete had been and he wasn’t there. I was hallucinating. Or so it seemed. I let William lay me back down and I was trying to remember what had happen. I was worried for Brendon mostly. I wanted to know what was wrong with him.

“Will-”

“He’s alright. Just calm down. You lost quite a bit of blood.”

I cringed as I felt the sting at the base of my neck, “He bit me.”

William nodded and sat on the edge of the bed, “He did bite you. I gave you some of my blood to help with the healing. It was a nasty bite.”

“What is verbena and art. Artic-whatever it was?”

William stayed quiet and I continued, “William! What are they?”

“Verbena is a plant. Vervain is another name for it. There was a myth that Vervain would strengthen the affect of iron. Making the iron in our blood very heavy and hard to move through out the body. So we wouldn’t get the blood we need to heal. I mean it was a simple child’s story about vampires.”

“And the other? Brendon said something about Monkshood?”

“Aconitum or Monkshood as Brendon called it. It was a myth too. It was said that warriors used it to but on the tip of their arrows to poison the enemy when they were hit with the arrows. So the mix of the two is rather deadly.”

I tired to sit up, “I told you Gerard wasn’t helpful! I told he would try to kill Brendon.”

Gerard appeared at the end of the bed, “I didn’t try to kill him.”

“Yes you did!”

Gerard looked over to William, “I think you should leave. This is between Ann and I after all.”

I gripped on to William, “What is he talking about? Don’t leave me here with him.”

William pried off my fingers and tried to get me to lay down again, “Ann please. The more you cooperate the easier this will be.”

“William! What are you talking about? We need to get Brendon out of here. Gerard tried to kill him! You need to get rid of Gerard.”

William snapped at me, “I know what Gerard did. I let him!”

I was taken back and I moved away from him. I got off the bed on the other side and I looked at both of them. I was so woozy but I had to focus. William looked nervous as well as upset. He had let Gerard poison Brendon? I mean I knew he was created by Gerard but I didn’t think he would still work for Gerard.

Since when would they team up?

William tired to stay calm, “I need to listen to me Ann. I’m only going to say this once. You belong to Gerard now. You’re going to do everything he tells you so he can let Brendon get over this poisoning.”

I spat fire back at William, “What makes you think he will?”

“Brendon will be returning to the Dandies lifestyle and away from Gerard. I needed to do this so Gerard would stop killing my clan.”

I looked over to Gerard, “So you traded me? You struck a deal about me?”

William nodded, “Yes I did.”

“I’m your blood and flesh! I’m family!”

William snapped again, “I am aware. But Gerard won’t hurt you. Do what he says and you’ll be fine.”

I shook my head, “I’m not staying here with him.”

Gerard smirked, “Then you can remember Brendon in his final days in pain. If you don’t follow through with this I will be killing Brendon myself.”

I continued to shake my head, “You wouldn’t.”

Gerard raised and eyebrow, “I wouldn’t? Watch me.”

I tried pleading with William again, “William, please.”

I didn’t even get a response. William dematerialized and I could have screamed. He let me here. I didn’t even know where this here was. He left me alone with Gerard. A vampire that so far had nothing but bad intentions for me.

Gerard walked over to me and I tried to keep distance, “Stay away from me.”

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

I was looking for anything I could hit him with, “Yes you are! You tried to kill my boyfriend!”

“Have I tired to hurt you at anytime I’ve had you with me?”

I shook my head, “No.”

“Then I won’t hurt you now.”

I was still antsy when Gerard stopped in front of me, “Why? Why all of this. Why go through the trouble of all of this?”

He shrugged, “I’m in this to get you back. Brendon wasn’t supposed to get into this. William promised me you when you got older then he wanted to go back against his word. So now here we are now with all the wrongs now made right. Then maybe add turning you. Who knows?”

Gerard wanted to turn me? Into a vampire? No. He couldn’t. As much as the idea of living for ever sounded great I wasn’t too into the idea.

“No. You’re not turning me.”

He smiled, “I believe that is my choice to make not yours.”

“I won’t let you turn me.”

He turned away from me and walked towards the center of the room, “We’ll see. By the end of the week you’ll be begging to be turned by me.”

He dematerialized and my feet gave out. I fell to the floor in a heap and my head started to get fuzzy. I didn’t feel well. I was thinking it was from the blood loss but I had no idea. All I knew was I was so tired.

I needed to get out of her though. I didn’t want to stick around to see what Gerard had planned for me. I knew it wouldn’t be good. All I needed was to get over this drowsiness. Any thinking to process all of this was killing me.

I practically crawled back to the bed. I climbed up and I just lied across the bed. I didn’t care if I was cold. I had no strength left to get under the covers.

**********************
Michael’s POV

“Woah now Brendon calm down.”

I held my hands up defensively as William brought him down to our basement. He was snarling and reaching for me. His lips and mouth were stained with blood and William looked ragged.

I opened the door and William threw Brendon in, “Chislett, fetch me some blood packets.”

I nodded and walked over to the fridge we had down here. It was for the storage of emergency blood. Or even if we got to lazy to go out and needed to fill our empty tummies.

I grabbed a good handful and walked back over to William. He took one and ripped the top off. Brendon was watching him closely. He drank it quickly and threw the empty bag to the floor. He grabbed another from me and threw it at Brendon.

Brendon grabbed it and punctured a hole in it fairly quickly and started to drink away. When he finished the blood he even started to lick off any from his fingers. I stared in disgust and William grabbed another packet from me. He threw it at Brendon and Brendon repeated the process.

“What happened to him?”

“I let Gerard poison him.”

I looked at him in horror, “You did what?”

“I pretended I didn’t notice Brendon being poisoned when he really was getting the crap into his system. I couldn’t help it. I was worried Gerard might kill Ann if I didn’t follow through.”

“And where is she now?”

“With him. He wants to turn her.”

“No!” Brendon’s voice was raspy, “Don’t let him touch her.”

He was at least getting some self control again. He looked at me and the blood packets in my hands. I threw him another and he took it greedily. I figured what ever was in his system needed to be filtered out quick. Which, all the blood should help.

William looked more distraught then I had ever seen him, “It’s out of my hands Brendon.”

Brendon was begging, “Don’t let him turn her.”

William closed his eyes and opened them slowly, “It’s out of my hands Urie.”

Brendon tried to stand up, “Then I’ll do it.”

I snorted, “You can’t even stand. Gerard is stronger then all of us combined.”

Brendon tried to sound confident, “I’ll stop him.”

Brendon slipped on some of the blood on the floor and collapsed on his stomach. His eyes closed and he passed out. William took the rest of the blood packets in my hand and threw them into the room. He closed the door and locked it.

“You don’t open this door and he doesn’t come out. Understood?”

I nodded. “Yes sir.”

I had a feeling this was going to be a long night.
**********
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry this took forever. I got so distracted with Rumored Nights and I Was Always A Biter. I feel so bad now.

Thank you for all my loyal readers who suffer and stick with me. Like ShawnieRiot, who has been nice enough to wait for me and still leave me comments about the suffering. XD lol

But I promise more soon. I finally almost have Rumored Nights all done. XD I'm trying to keep it as short as I can.

I love you guys. :D

Predictions? Is Gerard going to turn Ann? Can Brendon stop him?