‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

28 Reach Out and Touch Me

*********
Ann’s POV

Gerard and I appeared in a bathroom. I pulled away from him and he dug around the drawers under the sink. He pulled out a first aid kit and asked for my arm.

I eyed the bottle of alcohol in the container, “I’m fine.”

“Ann, please. Don’t pick a fight with me. I’ve been a doctor for quite a few years now.”

I moved closer so he could see my arm. He grasped my wrist and pulled it closer too him. He leaned down to get a better look and he started the sink. He guided my arm towards the water and let it rain over my cut.

“Why did you send me to a place with no house for Brendon?”

Gerard pulled my arm away from the water and shut off the tap, “Because we knew Pete would smell you a mile away. We wanted him to be able to see you.”

“Brendon could have killed me!”

Gerard smiled, “We knew he wouldn’t. Even if he got close we would be close enough to have stopped him.”

Gerard frowned at the wound and reached for some gauze next to the bottle of alcohol. He wasn’t going to donate some more blood for me to heal. He was still iffy on showing me any of his memories.

He released my arm and messed around with the kit, “We know the risks we take. William and I are very careful when it comes to you.”

“He almost hurt a little kid! Don’t worry about me! Worry about Brendon.”

Gerard glared at me, “When are you going to learn? We’re vampires. We kill to feed. It’s our nature. It’s not like we want to go out and kill people. Brendon got used to it pretty early. Transferring him to animal blood is almost pointless. He’s been feeding off of humans for too long. Yet for some weird reason you think he can do it.”

“Pete did it.”

Gerard grabbed my arm and covered the cut with now wet gauze, “Wentz is still a new born. Brendon is not.”

“And you? Have you tried?”

Gerard shook his head as he taped on the gauze, “No. I do enjoy the hunt. Animals are too pointless and disgusting.”

“So you kill innocent people?”

Gerard looked at me like he was going to beat me, “I don’t go for children. That is my only rule. You used to hate vampires. Now you demand to change us into loving pets.”

“Well, if you guys actually tried we wouldn’t have to-”

He cut me off, “Are you that thick? We are vampires. You are a human. You are our food. Animals were never on the menu. Humans are and that will never change. If you don’t like it then kill us and Brendon. That’s all we are and ever will be.”

“You can change!”

Gerard stood almost against me, “Stop the humanitarian act.”

I felt salty tears burn the edges of my eyes as Gerard grabbed onto my shoulders and shook me, “You can’t change us. We can’t stop what we have to do. Any of those Dandies wouldn’t let alone try to transfer to animal blood. They would all change into Brendon here.”

“I don’t believe you. Brendon was doing fine till you came into your lives.”

Gerard gave me a puzzled look, “What are you saying?”

I pushed Gerard away from me and he shook his head, “Are you implying I had something to do with this?”

Was I? “No. You just have rather shitty timing. Brendon will get through this. I know he can. He’s better then that.”

I opened the door to the bathroom and exited. I had no idea where I was going but I was in need of getting away from Gerard. He had some messed up logic and I couldn’t take any more of it.

My feet felt pain as they collided with the wooded floor. The tile from the bathroom had kept them rather calm but now I wasn’t too happy I pulled up a foot so I could see it. It was nearly pitch black but I could tell I did take a layer of skin off.

I groaned and slumped against the wall, “Great.”

William appeared near me, “You alright?”

“Yeah. I guess.”

“What’s wrong?”

I shook my head, “Just some stuff Gerard said.”

William smiled and patted my shoulder, “Don’t worry about him.”

I looked at him and gave him a lopsided grin, “Yeah.”

“Still don’t trust him do you?”

“He kidnapped me and wants to help the guy I love who he hates. Yeah, I don’t trust him.”

William let out a light chuckle, “He kidnapped you for my sake.”

I raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“I had a bunch of newborns getting out of control. I didn’t want you in danger.”

I searched his eyes, “Are you serious?”

William nodded, “Very much so.”

I shrugged, “I don’t get it.”

“Don’t get what?”

I pointed at him as I walked around him, “You people!”

William turned to face me, “What are you talking about?”

“One minute you’re fucking monsters and then you’re human saviors. What the fuck?”

William sighed, “I think you need to go take a bath, get something to eat and then go to bed. It might be better for you.”

“I want to see Brendon.”

William looked away from me and to the floor, “I don’t think that would be wise.”

“William, I nearly ran two miles tonight. I’m not in the mood for a fight on top of it. Let me see him.”

William reached for my arm, “You’re lucky I’m in a decent mood.”

When I rematerialized I was alone in a dark room. I could barely see anything. I looked around me and William was no where to be seen. I heard a shuffle and I tired to calm my racing heart beat.

I heard a click and light filled the room in a dim way. I could see Brendon near a light switch. He looked at me with curious eyes and slowly started over to me. He was taking his time.

He smirked, “You just can’t get enough of me can you?”

I finished the distance and I grabbed his head. I forced it backwards and looked into his eyes with the dim light. They were responding with the light making the pupils smaller. He gave me a weird look but let me continued. I poked at his cheek and forced his mouth open with my hand. I could see those fangs but nothing out of the normal.

I was hoping maybe if he had some disease I could see it. I mean he wasn’t foaming at the mouth but he was rabid. Or so it seemed. Maybe he was just really angry. I was also forgetting that at any moment he might rip my head off.

I released my hold on him and he looked at me with curious eyes, “You really shouldn’t be in here.”

I shrugged, “Why?”

He walked around me, “Because you put me in here and I’m not happy with you.”

I watched him as he moved slowly, “Cry me a river.”

Within seconds I was pressed against the wall of this room. My chest felt as if it was going to be crushed. I had turned my head to the side but my left ear against the wall was yelling at me. My hands were in Brendon’s hands behind my back and he wasn’t being gently.

“Be wise with your words Ann. You’re on very thin ice with me.”

“Is that a fact?”

I felt the grip shift on my hands and I felt my hair being removed from near my neck. He was brushing it to the side to expose the venerable neck. I gulped as I could see him look down at my neck.

“Been thinking about turning you for days now.”

“I’m sure. I’m not sure you would want to. I don’t think you want to be stuck with me for years.”

“Mmm, you’d be better then the other Ann. At least you’re fun to be with. She was a waste of my time. I should have let Gerard have her. Who would have thought I would get you instead.”

“You don’t have me anymore.”

He chuckled, “You may want to rethink that as I hold you against this wall.”

“You won’t hurt me.”

He leaned closer and I could feel his lips brush my ear, “Want to test that theory?”

“I know you won’t hurt me. Well, I know you won’t kill me. You could hurt me but it wouldn’t be too bad. Like this cut on my arm. It’s nothing serious.”

He hissed and I felt pressure against the wound. He was digging his finger into the middle of the make shift bandage. I also let out a hiss but in pain. He pulled me away from the wall and he pushed me.

I caught my balance and looked at him, “Point proven.”

“I’m just getting started babe. I can’t wait to do the things that are on my mind.”

Gerard appeared between us and Brendon growled at him. I could see Gerard was holding a small bottle in his hand as well as needle. Brendon backed away from him and I walked closer to Gerard.

“What is that?”

“Deer blood. It’s mixed with a few other ingredients. “

He placed the needle in the opening in the bottle and pulled back on the end of the needle filling the contained area with blood. He pulled the needle away and handed me the bottle. With in seconds he was near Brendon.

Brendon swung his head near Gerard trying to get the needle away. Whatever was in the little syringe Brendon didn’t want it. Granted, it was animal blood. But he was responding like it was some drug he didn’t want.

Gerard grabbed his arm and slammed his own body against Brendon’s. The collided with a wall and Brendon was pinned. He hissed in protest and was trying to shove Gerard off of him. Gerard didn’t waste anytime showing the little needle into one of Brendon’s arms.

Gerard backed off and Brendon started clawing at the spot where the needle had been. He looked almost in pain. He was really beginning to scare me with how badly he was reacting to it. He continued and his nails were scraping against the skin. Creating raised red bumps of agitation.

“Gerard. What’s wrong with him?”

“I told you, he’s rejecting it.”

Gerard backed up and stood in front of me as Brendon pushed off the wall, “Ann.”

His voice was different. It was faint and low. It was a lot rougher then what it was less then thirty seconds from before. He seemed to lose a lot of color from his skin. He was almost grey rather then his pale tan.

Brendon was sick.

I held up the bottle of blood, “Gerard! What else is in this?”

Gerard’s voice was a monotone, “Verbena and Aconitum.”

Brendon used his left hand to hold himself up against the wall, “Monkshood?”

Brendon groaned and bent over. He heaved and soon fell to the floor. He let out a low growl before getting up again. Once on his feet he looked at us. His eyes were blood shot.
His hands hugged his body and I could see him in pain.

He released his hold on himself and he lunged for us. I backed up but he took Gerard to the ground. Brendon bit into Gerard and Gerard howled. Gerard forced Brendon off of him and Brendon was gasping.

Gerard stood up and looked at me moving closer, “Stay away from him.”

Brendon was too fast for him. Brendon was on his feet in front of me before I could move. His lips were stained red from Gerard’s blood and he looked upset.

What I didn’t expect was the fact that in that next few seconds Brendon was going to bite me. I felt the pain in my neck. I tried to push him away but I couldn’t. Gerard was behind me and trying to pull me away.

Gerard didn’t waste any time. He ripped me away from Brendon and all I felt was pain at the base of my throat. I felt the dizzy welcome me and I leaned against Gerard. I felt sick to my stomach.

Brendon let out a snarl before he tried for me again. We dematerialized before he got the chance. I could see William in front of me and had a look of full concern.

“Is she alright?”

Gerard was almost whispering, “Yeah, she’s lost quite a bit of blood but she should be ok. He’s out of control William. We need to decide here and now if he lives or not. We can’t keep risking Ann like this.”

I wanted to talk but I couldn’t, “William. I’m beginning to wonder if this was a bad idea.”

I felt William reach for the bottle in my hand. He pulled the little lid off and brought it towards his nose. He waved it in front of his nose and pulled it away. He looked up at Gerard and glared.

The sound of William’s voice shook my body, “You’re poisoning him!”

The last thing I remember was being let go and hitting the floor. It was black after that.
********************
♠ ♠ ♠
Well damn. I gave a long one. XD Thanks for reading.

Please comment and subscribe. Please! :/ For me?

I have a new short story out. It's going to be about five chapters. It's called Rumored Nights. Based off of The Academy Is...'s song of obsession. Please read it. I feel it's being ignored. :/