Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Billie's Breakfast

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
That night I tried desperately to go to sleep but I couldn’t because I was thinking too much. I was thinking about whether or not I should tell Bekah I loved her, when I should do it, how I should do it, how she would react to it. Did she really feel the same way like Mike said she did? God I hoped so. Mike was right about one thing, I was in love. I was in love with Bekah. The only thing that scared me at this point was losing her if I ever screwed something up. I looked at the clock. The numbers 4:36 shined brightly in my eyes. Damn I had been up forever and I felt the need to talk to someone. I walked down the hallway to Mike’s room and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again, this time a bit harder. Still no answer. I opened the door and walked to the side of Mike’s bed. I shook him lightly. “Mike, Mike are you awake?”
“Mmm?” he moaned as he rolled over.
“Hey” I said.
“He-what the hell? W-What time is it?” he asked tiredly.
“4:36,” I said bluntly.
“Why aren’t you asleep?” he asked me annoyed.
“I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t stop thinking about what we were talking about earlier,” I responded.
“What were we talking about?” Mike asked still half asleep.
“Love,” I replied.
“Oh, right. About the whole thing whether you loved Bekah or not and how she felt?” he asked.
“Yeah that,”
“And what about that?”
“Uhh… I don’t know. Just… that basically. I’m not sure if I should tell her or not,”
“I think you should,”
“But I don’t want to screw anything up between us just because of a few stupid words I say,”
“But you saying them to her wouldn’t make those words stupid and you wouldn’t be just saying them, you would mean them. I know you would. At least you better mean them to be waking me up at four o’clock in the damn morning to ask me about it,” Mike said.
“I would mean them. So you really think I should tell her?” I asked.
“Yes. Now leave me alone,”
“Great. I’ll call her and tell her! Thanks Mike,” I said
“You really think it’s wise to call her at almost five in the morning?”
“Good point,”
“I think you should tell her in person anyways,”
“Good idea. I’ll tell her tomorrow. ‘Night Mike!”
“Night Billie,” he said as he went back to sleep. I went back to my room and started at the ceiling for a little bit. I couldn’t fall asleep and ended up writing a song instead. 2,000 Light Years Away. What a weird name. How did I think of this crap? Oh well. Doesn’t really matter. I finally fell asleep at around 5:30. But I didn’t sleep for very long. I was too anxious to see Bekah.

*Mike’s P.O.V.*
I woke up about eight o’clock to a burning smell coming from the kitchen. So I walked to the kitchen to see what was going on.
“Billie, what the hell are you doing?”
“Cooking!”
“No, that’s not called cooking. No one in their right mind would eat that charred thing you want to call a pancake,”
“So I screwed it up. Oh, well. I’ve only been trying for about thirty minutes so far,” he said non-chalantly.
“Thirty minutes? Billie, what is wrong with you?” I asked.
“Nothing’s wrong with me! That’s it! I’m not confused anymore! And it’s all thanks to you Mike!” he said as he wrapped his arms around me. What had I done?
“Um…your welcome?” I said
“YES! I should go call Bekah now,” he said running to his room like a little kid who couldn’t wait to play with their new toy that their mom had just bought them.
“I guess I’ll take these off,” I said knowing Billie couldn’t hear me anyways. After I turned the stove off and threw the ‘pancakes’ away.
“She’s coming! She’s coming! Oh my gosh! I should go shower. Mike! Clean up the kitchen! Clean the whole house!” he yelled running through the house. Man, he had some issues.
“Whatever Billie. Go take a shower. I don’t think she would appreciate you saying ‘I love you’ if she is distracted by how you smell,” I said laughing.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
After I hung up with Billie I laid there for a little while wondering what was so damn important that he called me this early in the morning. Then I got up, took a shower, and got ready to go over to Billie’s. The whole time I was wondering what he needed to tell me. It seemed pretty important because he was wide awake when he called around 8:15. After I was ready I jumped in my car and headed to Billie’s. When I got there I knocked on the door and heard Billie’s voice from what sounded like across the whole house.
“COMING! I’ll be right there! I’m almost….there,” he said as he opened the door breathing heavily.
“Hey Babe… Is everything okay?” I asked slowly and confused.
“Yeah! Everything is great!” Billie said as he moved so I could come in. I looked at Mike questioning what Billie’s issue was and he just rolled his eyes and shook his head then said,
“You’ll find out soon enough. I’m gonna go back to bed. DON’T wake me up if you need me,” Mike said walking to his room. Billie and I went to his room so we could talk.
“So what was so important that you wanted me here ASAP?” I asked.
“Well… Mike and I were talking last night… I said something that got me thinking,”
“Well what did you say?”
“We were talking about pressure, and how I wouldn’t ever pressure you into something because I loved you so much,”
“Love me?” I asked softly
“Yeah, that’s what Mike said. Which got me thinking. I was confused for a while as to whether or not I did or not. And well…” he paused
“And?” I asked.
“I-I love you Bekah. I love you,” he said as he turned away. I could tell he was blushing.
“Y-you do?” I said happily.
“Yeah, I really do,”
“I love you too,” I said softly. His face lit up.
“You do?! Really?” he asked excitedly.
“Of course, I just couldn’t get the nerve to tell you because I was afraid of how you would react!”
“I felt the same way!” he said.
“Okay, next time one of us feels that we want to tell each other something, we will just tell it, deal?”
“Deal,” He said as he pulled me into a passionate kiss. Then Mike walked in.
“I take it all went well,” He said.
“Damn it Mike, you choose the worst times to come out of nowhere,” Billie said.
“Sorry man. I’ll leave,” He said about to walk away.
“No, don’t bother. You ruined the mood,” Billie said as I started kissing his neck.
“Never mind. Leave, shut the door, and don’t come back anytime soon,” Billie said as I worked my way up to his lips. A few minutes later he tried laying us down.
“Ah, ah, ah. I told you I wasn’t ready yet,” I said bluntly.
“Sorry,” He said as I got up and walked out the door. “Where are you going?” he said as his voice rose so I could still hear him.
“Come find out!” I yelled back as I walked into the kitchen to see what he had in his refrigerator. It wasn’t much, a few eggs, a variety of veggies. Perfect for a couple of omelets.
“What are you doing?” Billie asked as he came into the kitchen.
“Making breakfast seeing how I'm up early enough to eat it. Where is a pan?”
“Under there,” he said pointing to a cabinet below me. “I was going to make pancakes, but I messed them up a little bit,”
“A little bit? HA! It was black when you were done with it. In case you didn’t know, pancakes are not supposed to be black,” Mike said as he walked into the kitchen.
“Mike would you like an omelet?” I asked.
“Yeah sure. Thanks!” he said.
“No that’s okay. I didn’t want one,” Billie said trying to act offended.
“You were getting one anyways, but now you may not get one of my world famous omelets,” I said teasingly.
“That’s not fair! How can I get one?” he asked.
“I don’t know. Why don’t you try to figure that out?” I said getting a spatula out of the drawer. He walked over and kissed me.
“Does that help?” he asked seductively.
“Maybe. I think it’ll get you half an omelet,”
“Jeez, I do NOT want to see what will get him a full one. Tell me when it’s ready,” Mike said as he walked back to the couch and sat down. I giggled, kissed Billie one more time and then returned to making the omelets.
“Go sit down. I’ll bring it to you when they’re ready,” I said pointing to the couch that Mike was sitting on.
“Kay. Thanks Babe,” he said walking away.