Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Doctor's Appointment

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
The next day the guys were over after school for band practice.
“What the crap dude?” Mike said hitting my arm.
“W-what?” I asked coming out of my daze.
“You were supposed to come in at that part. What’s bugging you man?” Tré asked.
“I don’t know. I guess everything,” I said sitting down on the couch.
“Spill,” Mike said.
“Well, I don’t know. I guess I’m just worried about me and Bekah. I mean, if she is pregnant what’s going to happen?”
“What’s going to happen to what?” Tré asked.
“To everything. To school, to me and her,” I paused, “to the band,” I finished. “We were supposed to go on tour next summer remember? And if she’s pregnant, then she would be around six to eight months pregnant and I don’t want to be gone then even if the tour is just around the state. What if the guy from the label decides it would be a good idea to make it longer to promote more? Then what?”
“Oh, yeah. I guess I see what you mean now. I’m sorry man. I don’t know what to tell you. I never thought about that,” Mike said.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
Thursday was finally here and immediately after school, Billie and I went to Dr. Cane’s office. We waited in their waiting room for about fifteen minutes when Dr. Cane came out.
“Rebekah Tomlin?”
“Right here,” I said as I walked up to her.
“Dr. Cane, nice to meet you. You can step right in here,” she said as she introduced herself. “And you are…?” she asked Billie.
“Billie,” he said politely shaking her hand.
After the examination was over I finally spoke.
“So…?”
“Well, you’re not pregnant,”
“I-I’m not? But, I took two tests and they both came out positive,” I said a little confused.
“Well those aren’t the most accurate of things, and apparently in your case, they weren’t,” she said.
“So for sure, she isn’t pregnant?” Billie asked.
“For sure,” Dr. Cane answered.
“Well, umm… thank you so much,” I said as we went back to the car. When we got into the car, we decided Ollie should be the first to know because it would affect her more than our friends since we were living with her.
“Hey, how did it go?” Ollie asked when we came into the kitchen and sat down.
“Well, she isn’t pregnant,” Billie said.
“You aren’t?” Ollie asked.
“According to Dr. Cane, no, I’m not,” I said.
“You think we should call everyone over to tell them?” Billie asked.
“Yeah, that’s fine,” I said.
“Tell them all they're welcome to stay for dinner,” Ollie added.
“Will do, Mom,” Billie said going to his room to call everyone over.
“Do you want any help with dinner, Ollie?” I asked walking over to see what I could do.
“Sure, could you get a few things out of the fridge for me?” Ollie asked.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
About an hour after I got home from school, Mike called me.
“Hello?”
“Hey Babe, do you want to go to Billie’s for dinner tonight? They’re going to tell us about the baby situation,” he said.
“Yeah sure. Are you going to come get me or do I need to drive over there?”
“No, I’ll come get you. Are you ready right now?”
“Yup,”
“Okay, be over there in a little while, call Taylor and tell her Tré is on his way over there for me please,”
“Will do. Love you, bye,” I said hanging up the phone and dialing Taylor’s number.

*Taylor’s P.O.V.*
“Hello?” I answered the phone.
“Hey Bert!” Amy said on the other end.
“Hey Amy, what’s up?”
“Tré is on his way to go pick you up,”
“Why?” I asked.
“Because we’re all going to Billie’s house to eat dinner,” she said.
“And Tré couldn’t call me himself to tell me this why?”
“I don’t know. But anyways, I’ve got to go because Mike is here. I’ll see you in a little while,” Amy said hanging up the phone as I heard a knock on the door.
“Hey sexy,” Tré said as he kissed me when I opened the door.
“Hey,” I said laughing. “Why couldn’t you call me yourself?”
“Because my phone was dead so I just told Mike to call everyone else,” he said.
“Oh, I see. Well let’s go then,” I said as we got into his ‘Bookmobile’ and headed towards Billie’s house.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
About twenty minutes after I called everyone, they all showed up.
“Hey guys,” I said letting them all in as we all sat down.
“Dinner will be ready in about ten minutes okay?” Bekah said as she came out of the kitchen. “I guess we can just tell you now,” Bekah said looking at me. I nodded my head as she continued, “I’m not pregnant,” she said plainly.
“Really?” was the response from more than just one person.
“Yeah,” I said.
“So, what about you being late?” Amy asked.
“Well I thought so, but I checked my calendar again and last time I had marked the wrong days,” Bekah said. “I’m going to go help Ollie finish dinner. I’ll come get you all when it’s done,” she said walking back into the kitchen.
“Wow, that’s weird. She took two tests that both turned out positive but she isn’t pregnant,” Taylor said amazed.
“Well I guess that’s sort of a good thing though right?” Tré asked.
“Well, yeah… I guess,” I said sort of hesitant.
“You don’t sound like you think it is…” Mike said.
“I don’t know, I think she’s sort of upset that she isn’t,” I said.
“So, you mean, you think she wanted to be pregnant?” Amy asked.
“Well, I think we both sort of wanted her to be, but I think we both know that it is better that she isn’t,” I answered.
“It’s done!” my mom said as she walked into the living room.
“Okay,” I said walking to the kitchen table and taking a seat next to Bekah who had already sat down. “You okay?” I asked her taking her hand in mine and squeezing it.
“Yeah, of course, why wouldn’t I be?” she said very unconvincingly.
After dinner we hung out for a little while then everyone went home.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
After everyone left, I went to take a shower and then went to my room. A few minutes later I heard a knock on the door.
“Can I come in?” I heard Billie say.
“Yeah,” I said as I sat up against the headboard of my bed and brought my knees up to my chest.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked sounding concerned.
“Yeah, I guess,” I said even though I knew he wouldn’t believe me. He just stared at me for a while waiting for me to say what was wrong. I sighed, “Okay, fine. I’m not really,”
“So do you want to talk about it? I don’t care if it’s me that you talk to, I just want you to feel better Bekah,” he said worriedly.
“Yeah, I’ll talk I guess. It’s just that…this whole baby thing…” I said trailing off.
“You wanted one?” he asked.
“Yeah, I-I think I did,” I said looking down at my feet.
“So did I,” he said as I raised my head too look at him.
“Y-you did?” I asked tilting my head.
“Yeah. To have something that was ours and only ours, that would’ve been great,” he said smiling.
“But, what about the tour? What would you have done?” I asked.
“I thought about it. But I guess I just figured I would cross that bridge when I got to it,”
“So you think that it’s best that I'm not pregnant?” I asked him.
“It’s not exactly what I wanted, but yeah, I do think it’s for the best. So are you going to tell your parents?”
“I already have. They told me I could move back in,” I said hanging my head.
“Oh, so… are you going to start packing your stuff or…” he said sounding sad.
“Unless, you want me to stay…” I said.
“Really? Of course I want you to stay!” he said very happily.
“Then I will,” I said leaning over to kiss him. “But right now, I’m going to bed because I’m tired,” I said getting under the blankets. I felt the blanket lift behind and then the bed sink a little. Just after that, I felt his arm snake around my waist.
“I love you,” he whispered into my ear just before he kissed my neck. I smiled then simply said, “I love you too,” then drifted off to sleep.
***
The next day, we woke up for school and Billie drove us. It was a pretty uneventful day so after school I asked Billie if he would take me to my house to get a couple things I forgot and to get my keys to my car so I could take it to his house. When we got there, my mom’s car was already there.
“Great,” I said as we got out of Billie’s car. We went inside and started up the stairs.
“So, you’re moving back in?” my mom asked.
“No, I came to pick up a few more things that I had left and get my car keys,” I said.
“Oh, so where do you think you’re going to say?” she said in an irritated tone.
“Where I have been for almost a week now,” I said in the same tone.
“Oh, that tells me a lot,” she said sarcastically.
“Well, you would know had you bothered to ask where I was going to go when you kicked me out,”
“Hey, I’m not the one who went and almost got themselves pregnant now am I?” she said raising her voice.
“Like you can talk! You got pregnant with me when you and Dad weren’t married yet, then decided to three years later, and look what happened to you!” I yelled at her.
“I think I should go now,” Billie said softly heading for the door.
“No, wait. Let me get my keys and we can both leave,” I said as calmly as possible heading for the kitchen to grab my keys. Then I walked out the front door and slammed it on the way out.
“I hate her,” I said plainly walking to my car.
“I see why now. It’s like she doesn’t even care,” Billie said.
“Let’s just go back to your house. I have to stop by Amy’s to take her a shirt that she bought and left in my car,” I said jumping in my car.
“Okay, I’ll meet you back at the house okay?” Billie said getting into his car as I drove away.