Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Getting A Job

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
When I got to Amy’s house, I went inside and went to her room.
“Hey Bekah. What’s up?” she asked as she sat up on her bed.
“Nothing much. I was at my house picking up my car and thought I would bring your shirt back,”
“Oh, thanks!”
“Yeah. My mom was there when I got home,” I said.
“Oh, really?”
“Yeah,”
“What happened?”
“She got all mad because I wasn’t moving back in. But like Billie said, she doesn’t even care what happens to me or what I’m going through. The only reason she let me back in the house was because I wasn’t knocked up like she was when she was my age,”
“Oh, I see,”
“Yeah, anyways. I should probably get going. I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said as I walked back to my car. When I got home, I noticed Mike and Tré’s car there, and figured they were in Mike’s room. I was walking to my room but as I passed Billie’s door, I heard something. Hearing this I decided to see what was going on. I cracked the door open silently and took a peek inside. When I looked in, Billie was sitting on the edge of his bed, leaning back on one hand, head thrown back, eyes closed, and lip bit. ‘Looks like I got here just in time’ I thought to myself as I walked over to him being very careful to stay quiet. I walked in front of him and moved his hand causing him to jump since he didn’t know I was there.
“Oh, I didn’t know you were he-“ I cut him off putting my finger to his lips.
“Shhh…” I said. Then my hands traveled to his sides to take his shirt off as he scooted himself back onto the center of the bed. I started planting kisses all over his face then made my way to his neck. As I kissed his neck and collarbone, I worked my way down his stomach and he began to moan. Soon after I teased him by traveling slightly back up, which made him groan this time. I could tell this made him want more, so I traveled back down a little further this time and…(Wow I’m mean. But I’ll leave the rest to you, unless you don’t like making up your own in which case you can PM me and I’ll PM you the fillings to this.)
***
*Taylor’s P.O.V.*
A couple more weeks had gone by and it was almost time for Christmas break. The only bad thing about that was that finals were getting close. The guys had their first real gig as ‘Green Day’ that had actually been scheduled rather than just being squeezed into a set. They were all pretty nervous, especially Mike. They all did amazing though. Afterwards we all celebrated. The guys and Bekah were all drunk out of their minds. Amy had a few drinks and I had one, but we had fun watching the others act stupid. Nothing else is new really other than that. Tré and I are doing great. We had a birthday party for him last weekend. His face ended up in the cake before anyone could get any. But then he decided to kiss me and I ended up with a mouthful of cake. Amy and Mike are doing well too as far as I know. Billie and Bekah want to get their own place but aren’t sure how they’re going to yet. Billie’s only income is from their gigs but that isn’t steady and Bekah’s only income is a forty dollar check she gets every week from her parents but she and Amy are supposed to be applying for a job today.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
Today, Bekah and I were going to the mall after school to fill out applications for a job at Hot Topic. When we walked in, a guy who worked there approached us.
“Can I help you ladies with anything?” he asked.
“Umm…yeah. We wanted to fill out some applications,” Bekah answered.
“Oh okay, great. Here you go. By the way, my name is Juan,” he said.
“Thanks, nice to meet you Juan. I’m Bekah, and this is Amy,”
“Nice to meet you both as well,” he said. We sat down in the chairs he pulled out from behind the counter and started filling out the applications. When we were finished, we handed them to Juan.
“Here you go. Thanks,” I said.
“Yeah, they’ll call you ‘cause I’m not the one who makes that decision. Because if I were, you’d both already be hired,” he said.
“Umm…thanks?” Bekah said.
“Oh, don’t take it like I’m like, coming on to either of you. I just meant because I could use the help on this shift,”
“Oh, okay,” I said.

*Mike’s P.O.V.*
“So how do you think you’re going to do it, man?” I asked.
“I don’t know exactly yet. I just…I feel like such a burden to my mom and I know Bekah does too even though my mom says that we aren’t,” Billie said.
“Yeah but think about it, neither of you have any income except for the money she gets from her parents but you cant live off of a hundred and sixty dollars a month not even with the occasional money you get from our gigs. And I would help you out but it’s not like I have income either,” I said.
“I know,” he sighed. “I just wish there was some way…” he trailed off.
“I know. We’ll find a way though. I promise,” I said putting my hand on his shoulder. “Now I’d love to stay and chat, but I'm meeting Amy at Chili’s for dinner. I’ll see you later,” I said heading for the door.
“Mike?”
“Yeah?”
“Thanks,”
“No problem. Call me later if you need to talk,”

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
When I got back from the mall I went inside to see if anyone was there.
“Hello? Billie?” I yelled as I walked in.
“Yeah Babe, I’m down here!” I heard Billie yell from the basement. I walked down and found him sitting on the couch, guitar in hand and open spiral on the table in front of him open to a blank page.
“Whatcha doin’?” I said in a childish voice as I sat down next to him.
“Nothing really. Attempting to write, but you can see how well that’s going,” he said looking at his paper.
“Yeah,” I said laughing as my cell started ringing.
“Hello?” I asked, not recognizing the number.
“Is this Bekah Tomlin?” the voice asked.
“Umm… yes,” I said hesitantly.
“This is Matt, the manager at Hot Topic,”
“Oh, okay. Sorry,” I said.
“I was just calling to let you know that you got the job. I understand you came in with Amy Heath?” he asked.
“Yes,” I replied
“Well I haven’t been able to reach her so if you would let her know, I would like you both to start working on Monday from four thirty to nine PM which is closing time if that works for you,”
“That sounds great, but no weekends, right?” I asked.
“Correct, just Monday through Friday four thirty to nine,”
“Okay, great. Thanks!” I said hanging up the phone.
“Who was that?” Billie asked.
“The manager from Hot Topic, Matt,”
“Why were they calling you?” he asked.
“Amy and I applied for jobs there and he was calling to let me know that we got the job,” I said happily.
“Babe, why did you get a job?”
“We said we wanted to get our own place right? Well, I started saving and now I’ll have more to save, plus since that’s the only place I shop anyways, I’ll get discounts,”
“You didn’t have to do that,” Billie said sighing and hanging his head. I put one hand on his shoulder and rose his chin with the other, “I know I didn’t have to; I wanted to. I want a place to call our own Billie,” I said as I kissed him lightly.
“I love you,” he said sweetly.
“I love you too, Babe,”