Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Trouble With Work?

*Monday*
*Amy’s P.O.V.*
After school, Bekah and I headed to the mall for our first day. When we got there, Juan had just gotten there.
“Hey, nice to see you two again,” Juan said.
“Yup! So…what do we need to do?” I asked.
“Well, I imagine you both know your way around Hot Topic pretty well already right?
“Of course,” Bekah said.
“Well then, just kinda watch what I do today and that’s basically it,”
“Sweet,” Bekah and I both said in unison.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
When I got home, I went to take a shower then went to the living room where Billie was on the couch watching TV.
“Hey sexy,” he said as he put his arm around me then kissed me.
“Why are you in such a good mood?” I asked.
“You’re here! Duh!” he said sticking his tongue out at me.
“You dork!” I said then licked his cheek.
“You lick me and I’m the dork?”
“Yup,” I said then whispered into his ear so my lips gently grazed his ear, “a sexy dork,”
“Damn, why do you do that? You know it turns me on,” Billie said.
“And that’s exactly why I do it,” I said seductively as I ran to my room and he chased me.
*The Next Day*
*Amy’s P.O.V.*
The next day at work, we pretty much just hung out because there wasn’t much business on the weekdays but working with Bekah and Juan made it awesome.
“Hey sexy,” I heard someone say from behind me while I was stocking the new shipment of band t’s we had just gotten in. I turned around and to my pleasure found Mike standing there.
“Hey Babe!” I said as he took me into his strong arms and kissed me.
“Whatcha doin’?”
“Just stocking. What are you doing here?” I asked.
“Billie and I just thought we would come to the mall to find the most beautiful girls in the world,” he responded.
“And? How did you do?” I asked.
“Looks like we succeeded,” he said looking over at Billie and Bekah sharing a sloppy kiss as he was practically groping at her ass in the middle of Hot Topic. We walked over to them then Mike said, “Looks like someone doesn’t mind PDA,” and laughed.
“Oh Juan! Come here! This is my boyfriend, Mike,”
“So you’re Mike. Nice to meet you, she doesn’t ever stop talking about you. You must be Billie,” Juan said as Bekah and Billie walked up hand-in-hand.
“Yeah, who are you?” Billie asked.
“Babe, this is Juan,” Bekah said.
“Oh, okay,” Billie said.
“Yeah, she doesn’t ever stop talking about you either,” Juan said laughing.
“Well, we should probably go. I have to go to the store for Mom. Do you need anything?” Billie asked.
“Umm… there’s something that you need to get for when I get home tonight that will make you a very happy boy,” I said. Billie got a puzzled look on his face.
“Rubbers man, rubbers!” Mike said picking up on it quicker than Billie did.
“Oh!” Billie said as we all laughed at his slowness.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
When Mike and I got in the car to go to the store, he was really quiet.
“What’s up?” I asked curiously.
“Nothing, why?” he asked.
“You’re too quiet for ‘nothing’ to be up, so what is it?”
He sighed then continued, “I guess I just don’t feel comfortable with Amy being there with that ‘Juan’ guy,”
“You don’t trust her?” I asked.
“Yeah, but don’t you feel a bit uneasy about Bekah being there with him?”
“No, I-I don’t,” I said slowly.
“I know I shouldn’t, but I do. I don’t even know why,” Mike explained.
“Well then you should probably talk to her about it,” I suggested.
“Yeah I guess I’ll call her when she gets off of work unless she comes by here for some reason,”

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
“Alright, we’ll see you later, Juan!” I said as Bekah and I headed to our cars, “Hey, can I go chill at your house for a while? My mom’s having one of her weird get together things tonight until around ten,”
“Yeah, that’s cool,”
When we got back to Bekah’s house, we went inside to find Mike and Billie watching TV. Just before I sat down, Mike said that he needed to talk to me alone.
“What’s up?” I asked as we walking to Mike’s room that he used when he stayed with Billie.
“I wanted to talk to you about your job,” he said.
“What about it?” I asked cautiously.
“I just don’t know that I like you being around that guy ‘Juan’ so much,”
“What do you want me to do, quit on my second day?” I asked annoyed.
“Well no, but is there a different shift that you could ask to work?” Mike asked.
“Mike, that is the only shift that I can work because of my schedule. Do you not trust me?
“No it’s not that, I-I don’t know what it is really. Maybe it’s him I don’t trust,”
“Well, you’re going to have to get over it. I’m sorry; it’s just the way it is,”
“I don’t know that I can get over it,” he said.
“Well then get over me. I’m through if this is how you’re going to be. Find someone that you can trust Mike, because it’s obviously not me!” I said storming out of his room and then out of the house.
When I got home I ran to my room and burst into tears. Just then, my phone rang. Seeing that it was Bekah, I answered.
“Hello?” I said sniffling.
“Amy? Are you crying?” Bekah asked.
“No,” I said at first, “Okay, yeah,” I admitted.
“What’s wrong? What happened?”
“We broke up,” I answered.
“What? Why?”
“He said he didn’t like me working with Juan and I’ve had jealous boyfriends in the past and I’m not going though that again,”
“Amy, Billie wants to talk to you. Is that okay?”
“Yeah, that’s fine,”
“Amy?” he said.
“Yeah, Billie?”
“I know everything that happened, and I think you did the right thing because it was stupid of him to act that way. I’m going to your house right now,” Billie said handing the phone back to Bekah.
“I’m gonna go talk to Mike, I’ll call you later,” Bekah said.
A few minutes later, I heard Billie pull up and then a knock on my bedroom door.
“Come in,” I said as Billie cracked the door slightly open.
“Are you okay?” he asked noticing how red and puffy my eyes were from crying.
“No,” I said softly.
“Stupid question,” he said sitting on my bed. “Mike told me he was jealous. I told him there was no reason to be but that he should talk to you about it if that’s how he truly felt,” he continued.
“I guess I just don’t know why he feels like that. I mean, you don’t feel that way about Bekah working there do you?” I asked.
“Of course not. I know she would never do anything to jeopardize our relationship, and I knew you wouldn’t have with Mike either,”
“Gosh. I just with we could have what you and Bekah have. You two are perfect for each other and you’re both happy,” I sighed.
“You will with Mike. I know it. You both still love each other like crazy, he’s just stupid sometimes. He probably thinks you want someone else hotter or more talented,”
“Why would he think that? He’s perfect. I mean his smile, wow. Oh, and his eyes, the way they sparkle, and then there are his amazingly muscular arms…”
“Amy! Stop! Save that for when you’re talking to him, Bekah, or Taylor! That’s weird,” Billie exclaimed.
“Oh, sorry,” I said with a slight smile.
“It’s okay,” he laughed,” But that’s what I’m talking about. I know you still love him and he loves you and I’m getting you two back together if it kills me, which it may very well do,” Billie said with an almost puzzled look on his face.
“Thanks Billie,” I said.
“Anytime Amy. You’re like my baby sister, I wouldn’t ever want anything to happen to you,” he said pulling me into a hug when we both stood up. “Now, I’ve got to go. I didn’t go to the store earlier for nothing,” he said wiggling his eyebrows.
“Alright, get home to Bekah,” I said smiling.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
After I was done talking to Mike about him apologizing to Amy about everything, Billie got home. I went to his room where he was sitting on his bed.
“Hey Babe, how did it go?” I asked.
“Good. She feels better about everything now. I told her I was going to get them back together if it killed me,”
“Oh, I see,” I said laughing. “I talked to Mike while you were gone,”
“What did you tell him?” Billie asked me.
“That he should apologize if he wants her back and I knew he would because I know he wants her back. He wants her back bad,” I said in response.
“What did he say?”
“That he was going to apologize,” I said laughing then added, “He was also talking about how he wishes he could have the same thing with Amy as we do,”
“That’s so weird,” Billie said with an odd look.
“Why is it so weird that he wants to have what we do?” I asked questioningly as if he didn’t think what we had was special.
“Amy just said that too, that’s all. Why? What did you think?”
“Oh, I thought…” I trailed off.
“That I didn’t think this was special?”
“Yeah, I guess,” I said.
“Babe, nothing is more special and important to me than you and what we have together,” he said leaning his forehead against mine. I couldn’t think of anything to say to that but then smiling, he continued, “Which is why I went to look at a few apartments today,”
“You did?!” I said surprised as my eyes widened.
“Yeah, do you want to go look at them this weekend?” he asked.
“Of course!” I said hugging him. Then he pulled out from the hug just enough to kiss me lightly.
“I love you,” he said as he began to lay us back on his bed.
*Mike’s P.O.V.*
Later I had called Amy but she wouldn’t answer, so I went to the kitchen to get some water. On the way back, I heard Bekah and Billie in his room so I guess he had gone to the store earlier. I decided I would let Amy cool off before trying to call her anymore. Bekah said she probably wouldn’t answer if I called anyways.