Sequel: Lamps and Cheeseposts

Cheese and Lamposts

Billie's Birthday

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
At six-thirty, we were heading out the door to go by Tré’s house to pick up the bookmobile to see how much space it had and so we could go pick up the girls. Once we had picked them all up, we headed to Olive Garden for our reservations at seven-fifteen. Once we were seated and had ordered our drinks, we just got to talking.
“So why the nice dinner?” Bekah asked.
“Does a boyfriend need an occasion to dote upon his girlfriend?” I responded.
“As cheesy as it is that you stole that from my favorite movie, I still must reply with yes, you do need an occasion. I know you too well to know that this is just because,”
“What movie is that?” Mike asked.
“Pirates of the Caribbean,” Bekah and Amy said quickly in unison.
“Wow,”
“Yeah, we’ve seen that movie WAY too many times for our own good,” Amy said.
“Yeah, and she’s made me watch it way too many times for my own good,” I added.
“Anyways, back to the point, why are we here?” Taylor asked.
“Well…” Tré started then looked at Mike.
“Um… Billie, why don’t you tell them?” Mike suggested.
“Alright, alright. Well, I got a call from this guy Larry not too long ago and he said that he wanted us to tour to get a bit of promotion or at least our name out there. He called me back today and told me that he had a list of people ready to book us and that all we needed to do was get a way of transportation. Tré’s dad said that he would let us use his bookmobile and he would even drive it for us. Anyways, in short, we’ll be going on tour,” I said smiling and I felt Bekah grab my hand under the table and gently squeeze it.
“I’m so proud of you, Babe,” she whispered into my ear.
“Oh my gosh! That’s awesome!” Amy said.
“When does it start?” Taylor asked.
“It starts on May the twenty-ninth,” I said.
“Wow, that’s so great!” Taylor said. We finished up our dinner and then we went to drop the girls off at each of their houses. We dropped Bekah and Amy off last because Bekah was staying with Amy that night so I got out and walked them to the door. When we got there, I kissed her and Amy went inside and Bekah started to follow but I stopped her.
“Wait,” I said grabbing her arm.
“What?” she asked.
“I umm… wanted to ask you something,”
“Shoot,”
“Would you want to…go with us on tour?” I said.
“Really?”
“Yeah, Tré said that with our equipment, the van will hold five people. So it would be Tré, his dad, Mike, you, and me,”
“Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn’t want to take away like the… the…guy time or whatever,”
“No, no, you wouldn’t. I talked it over with them earlier and they said they would love for you to come. You can keep us in check but still be like one of the guys. Except at night of course,” I said grinning.
“Yeah, yeah,” she said a bit sarcastically then continued, “But if you really want me to go, then I would love to,” I picked her up and spun her around then put her down and kissed her. “I love you,” I said.
“I love you too,” she said as she went inside and I walked back to the car.
“I guess she’s coming on tour with us then?” Mike asked.
“Yeah,” I said smiling and starting the van up. We dropped Tré off and I got my car and then Mike and I went home.

*Bekah’s P.O.V.*
When I got in bed that night, I couldn’t stop thinking about how fun it was going to be on tour with the Billie and the guys. I was so excited! Other things I couldn’t stop thinking about were Billie’s birthday party tomorrow night and the end of this month when we finally got to move into our own apartment! We don’t have many furnishings but Ollie is giving us an extra queen-sized bed to put in there and I think Billie wants to take the couch from downstairs in the basement and put it in the apartment as well.
The next morning when Amy and I woke up I called Ollie to see if I needed to get anything from the store for tonight’s dinner before I went home.
“Hello?” a still half asleep Billie answered.
“Hey Babe, sorry to wake you. I need to talk to your mom though,” I said apologetically.
“Kay, just a second. MOM!” I heard him yell. “For you,” he said handing her the phone.
“Hello?”
“Ollie, it’s Bekah. Do I need to pick anything up from the store before I head home?”
“No, actually, yes, the cake. But where are we going to send Billie?”
“Oh, I don’t know. I’ll think of something. We can probably just send him to the store to get some random thing like ice or something,”
“Okay, well I’ll see you after a while. Bye,” she said as we hung up.
Later Ollie and I were about to start making dinner so I called everyone to come over and sent Billie to the store for some ice. When we heard him pull up, we all hid and when he opened the door, we all jumped out and yelled ‘surprise’.
“Aren’t we all a little old for surprise parties?” he said laughing and closing the front door.
“Of course not! You are NEVER too old for surprise parties!!!” Tré exclaimed as he came out from behind the couch.
“Well, thanks guys,” Billie said putting the ice in the freezer and laughing.
“You’re welcome honey,” Ollie said as she kissed him on his cheek.
“MOM!” he said.
“What?” she said innocently knowing that he didn’t like being kissed by her in front of everyone.
“You’re welcome, Babe,” I said kissing him passionately on his lips.
“Oooo,” everyone teased as I pulled away from him.
“Yeah, yeah. You’re just jealous,” I said to everyone as Billie stuck his tongue out. A little while later dinner was ready so we ate and then had cake and ice cream. After that, Billie was acting like a five year old and wanted presents so we went to the living room. He got some money, a couple shirts, some guitar picks and a new guitar strap. When he had finished opening everything, he noticed that I hadn’t given him anything.
“So I get something from everyone but my girlfriend?” he asked.
“Oh, you’ll get something. Just wait for it,” I said with a smirk on my face.