Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 13

Jasper and I walked into the Cullen’s house hand in hand; Bella and Edward were right behind us. Alice, Emmett and Rosalie were quickly standing in front of us; Alice looked slightly worried which made me scared, Emmett and Rosalie looked more angry then worried. I felt a calm feeling feel my body and I instantly knew it was Jasper; everyone’s attention was turned to people talking upstairs. Edward quickly stood in front of Bella and Jasper did the same thing but in front me; I peeked over Jasper’s shoulder to see Esme, Carlisle and Laurent walking down the stairs. Wait what the hell is Laurent doing here? I hid behind Jasper slightly but still watched every move Laurent made; he was talking to Carlisle about James, gosh I’m confused now.

“James is the best tracker I have seen in a long time; once he smells something he wants he won’t stop until he gets it” Laurent told Carlisle; his deep burgundy eyes flicked over to Bella and I.

“You think he’s going to be after Alex and Bella?” Carlisle asked worried.

“I know he’s going to track them down” Laurent replied shaking his head slightly; I tried to sallow the lump in my throat but I couldn’t.

“I am sorry” Laurent said to Carlisle but it was clearly directed at Bella and me. Laurent started to walk out the front door; Jasper moved around me so I was covered from Laurent.

“What do we do now?” Emmett asked looking over to Carlisle who was in deep thought. Carlisle was soon telling his family his plan; every now and again either Jasper or Edward would protest but I wasn’t listening. Images of James kept flashing through my head; what if he did find us would he kill us? Of coarse he would that’s what he does; what if he doesn’t find us would he go after someone else. Oh no what about Dad and Jacob?

“Alex stop thinking like that! Everything is going to be fine” Edward said reading me thoughts. Jasper grabbed my hand and started pulling me up the stairs; he dragged me into his room and then he was gone only to be standing in front of me a second later.

“Change into these” Jasper told me softly; he handed me Rosalie’s clothes. I was confused at first but then I remembered that James knew my scent; I had to try and cover it up. I changed right there in front of Jasper; I didn’t really care what he saw, it could be my last moments with him. But Jasper, being the gentleman he is, turned around quickly; when I was finished I gently touched his shoulder, he turned to face me.

“I am so sorry Alexandra. It was stupid for me to take to you to the baseball game; I wasn’t thinking and…” Jasper said looking into my eyes but I cut him off by grabbing his cold face with my hands and pressing my lips onto his.

“It doesn’t matter now Jasper” I told him a small smile forming on my lips.

“I won’t let anything happen to you Alex” Jasper whispered in my ear; he pulled me into his cold hard chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist while his arms wrapped around my shoulders.

“I know we haven’t known each other that long but there’s just something about you Alexandra. I love you more then you know” Jasper whispered to me; I looked into his golden eyes.

“I love you too Jazz” I said smiling; Jasper smiled as well then leaned down and gave me a quick peck on the lips. We walked out of his room and down into the living room were everyone else was; Bella was already changed into some of Esme’s clothes, Alice danced into the room a few seconds later with four duffel bags at her feet.

“What are the bags for?” I asked looking around the room.

“You and Bella are going to Phoenix; Jasper and Alice will take you” Carlisle told Bella and I. Bella started to say stuff about Charlie and not leaving him; she wanted to do her plan, what her plan was I didn’t know.

“Alright then. Edward, Alice and Emmett will take Bella back to her place so we can start her plan. Then you come straight back here and we’re all leave” Carlisle told his children sternly. The four of them left to put Bella’s plan into action; Carlisle was looking out the window into the backyard when I walked up to him.

“Carlisle?” I said quietly standing beside him.

“Yes Alex” He replied in his calm voice; he turned so he was facing me.

“Will Dad and Jacob be ok?” I asked my voice broke.

“They will be fine” He promised.

“Alex sweetheart, you should call them now” Esme said rubbing me arm gently; I nodded slowly and sat on the couch, Jasper handed me my phone and I called home.

“Hello?” Dad answered; I took a deep breath.

“Hey Dad” I replied.

“Alex! Baby is something wrong?” Dad said surprised; I looked at Jasper who was standing in front of me, he nodded once.

“Is that Alex?” I heard Jake say in the background.

“Something happened and Bella is really upset. She’s going to go back to Phoenix tonight and I’m really worried about her so I kind of told her that I was going too” I said trying to keep my voice even.

“No way are you going to Phoenix. No way Alex! I want you back home right now missy” Dad replied his voice was hard.

“But Dad she needs me right now, I’m not going to let her go alone” I tried to change his mind.

“No Alex, you…” Dad was saying but he was cut off when Rosalie grabbed my phone and shutting it. I stared wide eyed at her; how could she do that, now I was going to be in huge trouble when I get back.

“Sorry Alex but he wasn’t going to change his mind” Rose told me giving my phone back to Jasper.

“How dare you!” I yelled standing up and stepping up to Rosalie; I stood as close as I could to her without touching her. Seeing as she was taller then me I had to look up at her; right now anger was filling up my body and I didn’t care if she was a super strong vampire, if we got into a fight I would give it my all.

“I could have changed his mind! You don’t even know him, you had no right to hang up on him” I yelled getting more and more in Rosalie’s face.

“No but he is a Black and all of you are stubborn. You were just wasting time Alex, we’re trying to help you here and you throw it back in our faces” Rosalie’s silky voice was rising in volume.

“Rosalie, Alex that’s enough” Carlisle said sternly. I felt Jasper’s hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off; I was still fuming and I could feel Jasper trying to calm me down but it wasn’t working for some reason. I stormed into their kitchen sitting at their dinning table; I folded my arms on the table and rested my hand on them. Suddenly the tears overflowed; I sat there crying onto my arms, I knew Jasper, Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie heard me; you didn’t have to have super hearing to hear me. I sensed someone sitting beside me rubbing my back gently; I shrugged them off too but they kept rubbing my back comfortingly. I raised me head to see Esme sitting next to me; she smiled when she saw me looking up.

“Come here sweetheart” Esme opened her arms and I dived into them; her grip was tight but comforting at the same time. Esme kept whispering in my ear; she said things like ‘everything’s going to be fine’, ‘you’re safe with us’, ‘we’re all here for you’. Finally I finished crying and Esme wiped my tears away with her thumbs; Rosalie stood across the table from me.

“I’m sorry” Rose said; by her voice I knew saying that to me was hard for her.

“I’m sorry too” I replied my voice sounded dry.

“You’re the first human to ever stand up to me like that” Rose smiled now; her voice now amused. I smiled back at her when suddenly Carlisle was standing next to me holding a glass of water.

“Drink this Alex” He told me; I took the glass and slowly drank the water. I looked at Jasper who was still standing in the doorway; I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by Emmett walking into the room with Alice, Edward and Bella behind him.

“We’re all ready” Alice said in her soft voice; her eyes flicking over to me, she smiled and winked at me.

“Nice going Alex!” Emmett laughed pushing his fist towards me; a small smile played on my lips as I pushed my fist against his. I’m guessing Alice saw me standing up to Rosalie and she told everyone else.