Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 14

I was sitting in the passenger seat of Carlisle’s black Mercedes; I was looking out the window into the dark night sky; Jasper was driving, Bella was asleep on Alice’s shoulder in the back. I hadn’t talked to Jasper and I knew it was hurting him because it was hurting me too; but Rosalie was right my family was stubborn and so was I. It wasn’t that I was mad at Jasper; it was more that he was making me leave my family for who knows how long. Alice being the sweet and kind person she is and was listening to her iPod so Jasper and I could talk; not that I was in any mood to talk to him. As you can probably tell I’m not away from my family for that long; 2 days is probably the longest time and then I still talked to them, I don’t know if I’m allowed to call them seeing as Jasper still has my phone. I felt Jasper grab my left hand gently but I instantly pull my hand away; I glare out the window at everything that is flying past us, I couldn’t make out any shapes because it was dark and we were driving faster then the speed limit. I hear Jasper sign sadly and I feel pain and guilt run through my body; I know that Jasper can feel it because I feel calm wave over me.

“Please don’t” I mumble turning my head so I’m looking out the front wind shield; I feel my own emotions flood my body again.

“You should get some sleep Alexandra” Jasper said quietly turning to look at me quickly before turning back to the road.

“I’m fine” I muttered.

“I really am sorry Alexandra, please believe me” Jasper begged; I frowned looking at him. He thought I blamed him for all of this?

“I do Jasper” I said confused.

“Then why haven’t you been talking to me? You keep ignoring me” Jasper said quickly looking at me.

“It’s not because of you” I signed; he was going to try to get me to open up to him, I don’t want him to know that I have been sulking because of my petting reason.

“Then what’s wrong?” He asked concerned.

“It’s nothing, I’m fine” I forced a smile on my face but I knew Jasper could see right through me.

“Alex you can tell me” Jasper said still concerned.

“I know but really it’s nothing, I’m just being stupid” I said forcing a chuckle at the end; Jasper looked over at me, his eyes searching my face. He knew me better then I sometimes liked so he knew not to press the subject anymore; I would tell him when I was ready. When Jasper looked back to the road I reached over grabbing his right hand; I tugged on his hand lightly, he released it from the steering wheel so I could entwine our fingers together. Jasper smiled quickly looking at me and then to the road again; I raised the back of his hand and kissed it. I pulled our fingers apart so I could place his hand on my thigh; both of my hands started to play with his fingers and trace patterns on the back of his hand. I heard Alice quietly ‘aww’ at Jasper and I; my smile grew bigger and so did Jasper’s. Shortly after I did fall asleep to Alice quietly humming to songs and Jasper’s thumb rubbing my thigh.

I woke up when I felt the warm sun shining on my face; my eyes flutter open and I see that we’re in Phoenix, buildings are flashing past us. I stretch my body as much as you can in a car.

“Good morning love” Jasper said in his deep smooth voice; I look over at him smiling.

“Morning” I yawned rubbing my eyes.

“Good morning Alex” Alice said from the back seat; I turned around to smile at her, Bella just gave me a small wave, she still looked tried. I saw Jasper turning into a fancy hotel; Alice and Bella went to get us a room. I watched them walk into the lobby of the hotel; I felt cold fingers brush across my cheek, I look over to see Jasper looking at me.

“You’re so beautiful Alex” Jasper whispered; I looked away blushing, but Jasper turned my head back to face him. He cupped my face with both of his hands and leaned towards me; his icy cold lips found my warm ones. His kiss was passionate and loving; I kissed back with the same force and emotions. He pulled away to soon leaving me wanting more; I watched his dark gold eyes turn back to their normal light gold.

“I’m sorry” I whispered; I hated pushing him like this.

“Don’t apologize Alexandra” Jasper replied this fingertips brushing across my lips; I closed my eyes enjoying the feeling.

“Let’s get you to our room” Jasper said getting out of the car; I followed his lead, the hot air hit me like I slap in the face, this weather felt strange on my skin. I walked to the boot of Carlisle’s car so I could help Jasper carry our bags; even though Jasper didn’t need any help. I quickly grabbed two bags before Jasper could stop me; I felt his body stiffen next to me.

“Jazz what’s wrong?” I whispered afraid that James might be near. I looked up at Jasper when I heard an extremely quiet growl coming from his throat; I saw he was glaring at something behind me. I followed his gaze to see a group of four men staring right at me; I moved closer to Jasper when they smirked, winked and looking me up and down. Jasper wrapped an arm tightly around my waist pulling me closer to his body and guided me towards our room. All the way to our rooms Jasper was muttering things under his breath; he was so quiet that I couldn’t catch what he was saying, but for the look on his face and the tone of his voice it wasn’t nice. As soon as I got into our room I went straight to the bathroom; I wanted a nice warm shower, when I stepped out I dried my hair and got changed into a pair of comfy sweat pants and a top that I stole from Jacob. The top smelt like my brother and it made me miss him more; I walked into my bedroom and saw Jasper sitting on my bed.

“Hey” I said walking over to him; I stood in front of him in between his legs. He placed his hands on my hips hesitantly so I rested my hands on his chest.

“Bella and I are going to be fine” I said trying to sound positive but I knew my voice betrayed me.

“I’m going to make sure you’re both fine” Jasper said looking up at me; I smiled and nodded slightly.

“Can I please call Dad or Jacob; they’ll be worrying about me” I pouted.

“I’m sorry Alex but you can’t” Jasper signed shaking his head slightly.

“Fine” I signed sadly blinking back the tears.

“I really am sorry Alex, please don’t cry” Jasper pleaded.

“It’s just that I haven’t been away from them and if I am then I still call them. I’m not blaming you or you’re family; I know you’re just trying to protect me and I’m grateful for that. I just miss them” I said finally telling Jasper the reason why I was in a bad mood early. I signed looking down at Jasper; he looked like he understood, we just looked at each other for a while. I slowly started to lean down when Jasper looked at my lips; I hovered over his lips for a few seconds to let him prepare himself. My eyes closed when Jasper pressed his lips to mine; my hands ran up his chest to his neck, I rested my hands on either side of his neck. His hands tightened on my hips; he pulled me as close as we could get. Suddenly Jasper pulled away from me; my eyes snapped open to find Jasper on the other side of the queen side bed.

“I’m sorry” I breathed; my breathing was uneven, I was dizzy and my heart was racing.

“No I’m sorry Alexandra” Jasper said calming his voice but a small smile was forming on his lips.

“What?” I said softly.

“I’m getting used to you. I’m getting used to your scent and blood; I don’t want to taste it as much” Jasper said his smile growing; he started walking towards me.

“That’s good right?” I asked making sure we were on the same page.

“Yes its good” Jasper chuckled pulling me into his arms; I wrapped my arms around his waist, he took a deep breathe in and slowly let it out.

Dream

“Alex” I heard a young girl yell; I turn around to see a 4 year old Bella stumbling towards me. I glanced down at my body to see that I was 4 years old too; I looked around to see we were at Forks Park. I heard laughter behind me; I saw a younger Jacob who was with his sisters Rachel and Rebecca. I saw my parents talking with Renee & Charlie Swan and Sarah & Billy Black; Bella grabbed my hand pulling me towards Jacob, Rachel and Rebecca.

I was sitting on the floor in my room; I was drawing a picture of me and my parents. I could hear them talking from downstairs; Dad was probably watching the game while Mum cooked us dinner. I looked around my light purple room; I saw my bed with light blue sheets, all my teddy bears and dolls were sitting on a shelf, my white dresser had photos on top of it, and I had stuck some of my drawings on the wall. My tiny hand reached out to grab a green pencil when it was suddenly getting harder to breathe.

Someone I didn’t recognize was holding me tightly in their arms; I had a wet blanket wrapped around my whole body. I took a deep breathe in but stopped when I started couching; I was placed onto a stretcher and people were rusting around me. I saw Charlie run towards me so I lifted my tiny weak arms up; he picked me up gently and cradled my fragile body in his big safe arms. That’s when I heard people yelling and screaming; I looked around confused and scared. My whole world came crushing around me when I saw my house.


I bolted into a sitting position; I was crying, shaking and sweating. I tried to calm myself down but it wouldn’t work; I felt cold arms tighten their grip around my waist.

“Alexandra are you alright? What’s wrong?” Jasper asked concerned; he sat up next to me.

“I’m fine, just a bad dream” I gasped; I wiped my clammy forehead while Jasper wiped my tears away.

“Did you want to talk about it?” Jasper asked softly; my breathing started to slow down and the tears had stopped falling.

“No I’m fine” I whispered laying back down; Jasper followed my actions laying beside me again. He pulled me onto his chest; his cold skin felt good against my now hot and sweaty skin. He rubbed my spine gently and started humming; I was so glad when he started to calm my body down. I was surprised when my eyes begun to feel heavy; it normally takes a while for me to fall back asleep when I have that dream, but I guess Jasper’s little gift was again helping me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always welcome!