Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 3

My fingers were tapping the steering wheel of my car in time with the music that was blaring from my speakers as I drove to school by myself this morning; Bella refused to drive with me this morning. I pulled into the school car park and easily saw Bells truck; she was just getting out; I pulled into a park opposite Bella and got out. I placed my bag on my shoulder, locked my car and tried to walk over to Bella but I had to wait for another car to pass first. Suddenly I heard a loud screeching noise; I looked up at Bella and saw that she was pressing her body onto her truck, I quickly followed her gaze and saw a van skidding on the ice coming straight towards Bella, I looked back to see she wasn’t moving. The next thing I know the van hit the back corner of the truck; I ran over as fast as I could, I can’t lose my best friend, I can’t lose Bella.

“Bella! Are you okay? Are you hurt?” I asked kneeing beside her.

“I’m fine Alex” She tells me; looking me in the eyes, I sign and look up to see Edward Cullen looking straight at me. Everything happened so fast after that; the ambulance arrived, they loaded Bella onto a stretcher, Charlie arrived, Edward went with Bella in the ambulance and Charlie took me to the hospital. I told Charlie everything that happened while we were driving to the hospital; as soon as the car was parked I grabbed my bag, jumped out of Charlie’s car and ran into the waiting room with Charlie right behind me. I was sitting there by myself totally bored out of my mind; Charlie was talking with a nurse. A doctor walked out of the ER when I got an idea; I quickly looked around and then made a dash for the door into the ER.

“Bella!” I yelled while I ran into her room and gave her the biggest hug I could without hurting her.

“Alex! What are you going in here?” She asked me with narrow eyes while I stood back up.

“Well if they didn’t want me in here then maybe they should lock the doors” I said smiling; Bella rolled her eyes and I heard someone chuckle softly. I turned my head to see Edward standing at the end of Bella’s bed.

“Hi, I’m Alex Black” I said smiling, sticking out my hand; I saw Edward hesitate and stiffen slightly.

“Hello Alex, I’m Edward Cullen” He replied his hand stayed by his side; I dropped my hand not really caring that he didn’t shake it.

“It’s nice to meet you!” I told him truthfully.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you too Alex” Edward smiled.

“It seems that you’re fine Bella” A young, blonde doctor said walking into the room; after he finished talking his head turned to look at me.

“Hello there, I take it you’re a friend of Bella’s!” The doctor said smiling.

“Hi, yeah I’m Alex… Alex Black” I told him with a small smile.

“It’s nice to meet you Alex; I’m Carlisle Cullen” He told me with a genuine smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too Mr. Cullen” I said my smile growing.

I really don’t see why my family doesn’t like the Cullen’s; these two are extremely nice. Edward smiled at me; I sat on the bed next to Bella and we just talked, Edward had left the room with his father. When Tyler came in I was trying my hardest not to burst out laughing when he kept apologizing to Bella; I did feel sorry for Bells because I could tell she was getting annoyed by Tyler.

“Are you sure I can’t get you anything? Some water, something to eat? Are you comfy? Are you in any pain?” I asked Bells; she just gave me an ‘I’m fine, really’ look, I signed but stopped fussing over her. Carlisle walked back into the room with Charlie and told Bella that she was fine to go home. Charlie dropped me off at school; I said my good byes and walked to the front office to tell the receptionist that I had been at the hospital all day; I didn’t want them to think I was wagging or anything and I didn’t want them to ring Dad and tell him. The receptionist told me that it was fine when the bell rang; I walked back out towards my car but seeing as I was in my own world I wasn’t watching where I was walking, I tripped over something but before I hit the hard ground I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me into their chest.

“Whoa, thanks” I said while the arms released me and I turned around to look at them. When I saw who caught me my breath got caught in my throat; it was the gorgeous honey blonde, curly haired Cullen. When I finally tore my hazel eyes away from his dark golden eyes I noticed the rest of his siblings standing behind him; my eyes running over them. The beautiful small, dark haired girl smiled brightly at me, the burly guy smirked at me but the long blonde haired beauty glared darkly at me.

“Are you alright?” His velvety voice asked me; his golden eyes burning into my hazel ones.

“Yeah, thanks again” I said looking down at my feet and then quickly walking towards my car.

Jasper POV

I was walking with my family to our car when Alexandra walked out of the office and walked a few meters in front of us. Her scent flowed around us as; she wasn’t even aware that we were behind her, I was slightly surprised when I saw her at school after what happened to her friend this morning. I was watching her as she walked towards her car; it seemed that she was blocking everything around her out so she didn’t notice the small hole in the ground until she was falling forward. I walked a bit faster then normal humans and wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her up and steadying her.

“Whoa, thanks” She said when I let my arms drop to my sides; she turned around and faced me, I finally got to see her beautiful face again. Her eyes looked past my shoulder and I guessing that my siblings were standing right behind me.

“Are you alright?” I asked her concern flooding my voice as I stared into her amazing hazel eyes.

“Yeah, thanks again” She said quietly looking at her feet and then walking away from me; I watched her throw her bag onto the passengers seat then get into the driver’s seat, she was clearly embarrassed as she placed her head on the steering wheel for a few seconds, she then lifted her head and turned her car on. I chuckled when her music came blaring out and made a few students jump in shock; I listened to the music as I walked to our car, it was older rock and roll music from a band called Guns N Roses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment me please!