Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 4

“Alex, are you OK?” Jake asked me poking his head out from my car’s bonnet; he was changing the oil for me, of coarse I could do it seeing as Jake taught me everything about cars but he insisted that I let him do it.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I told him trying to sound convincing. The truth was that I wasn’t fine; ever since Jasper caught me yesterday I can’t get him out of my head. When he touched me I felt tinges; no stop thinking like this, I can’t think about him like this.

“Alex! Are you listening to me?” Jake asked breaking my train of thought.

“Huh? What?” I said looking innocent.

“I said that Quil and Embry should be here soon” He told me wiping his hands on a piece of rag but he was also giving me the ‘I know your not telling me something’ look.

“Jake!” Quil shouted outside the garage.

“Alex!” Embry shouted as well.

“We’re in here!” Jake yelled back to them shutting my car’s bonnet. Within a few seconds I was tackled into a hug by Quil; I laughed and hugged him back, as soon as Quil let me go he was pushed aside by Embry who hugged me and spun me around a few times, I giggled but held onto him for dear life. The four of us just hung out for a bit before we got bored.

“Hey, let’s go for a walk!” Jake offered; we all agreed and took off. We were just walking around minding our own business when we bumped into Sam, Paul and Jared.

“Hey guys!” I greeted them ignoring the looks I was receiving from my brother and our two best friends.

“Hello Alex” Sam greeted me back with a nod towards the boys.

“Well if it isn’t the Black twins and their two followers” Paul sneered getting a glare from Sam. You see everyone sees me and Jake as twins; we’re the same age. Even though we aren’t really twins; we’re not even blood related, we just let people say we are because we really feel like twins.

“What are you guys up too?” I asked them Jake lightly grabbing the back of my shirt so I didn’t get to close to them.

“We were just heading down to first beach. Would you like to come with us?” Sam asked me; I don’t see why some people don’t like him, Sam’s always really nice to me.

“No, that’s fi…” Jake started to say but I cut him off.

“Yeah that would be great” I smiled. I had to basically drag the guys to start off with but when they saw that I was going with Sam no matter what they slowly followed me. When we got to the beach we saw that some of the kids from Forks were there; oh I totally forgot that they were coming down here. We greeted everyone and Sam introduced all of us quickly.

“Bella!” I yelled smiling and run towards her; pulling her into a hug, we both sat on a log to talk. When I noticed that Jake was looking our way I waved my hand telling him to come over. I introduced them to each other and skipped off towards Seth, Quil and Embry. Everybody stayed at the beach for most of the day; within the time we were there I saw Bella and Jake walk off somewhere together which I’ll have to talk to Jake about tonight, both Mike and Eric were flirting and trying to impress me all day, hanging out with Seth, joking around with Quil and Embry, talking with Sam but getting pulled back by Embry, nearly getting thrown into the water by Quil, watching the bon fire and cuddling up to Embry when it started to get cold.

Jake and I said our goodbyes to everyone and then headed back home; I got a piggyback ride from Jake all the way home. When we arrived home I made some dinner, did my homework, watched some TV with Dad and Jake, playing with Jake’s beautiful long hair and then went to bed. I was getting ready for bed when I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in!” I said looking towards the door; of coarse it should be Jake seeing as our bedrooms are on the 2nd floor and Dad’s in a wheelchair, I saw Jake poke his head around my door smiling his big beautiful smile that I love.

“Just the person I wanted to see!” I said happily patting a spot on my bed; Jake walked over and sat next to me.

“OK, spill!” I demanded. Jake told me everything; from Bella flirting with him to him telling her about the Quileute legends. We talked for a few more hours until my eyes started to feel really heavy.

“Night princess” Jake said quietly kissing my forehead.

“Night Jake, I love you” I replied sleepily closing my eyes.

“I love you more” Jake said and I knew he was smiling.