Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 6

I was some how roped into going shopping for prom dresses with Jessica and Angela but at least Bells with be there too. I decided to drive myself down to Port Angeles seeing as Jessica was taking Bella and Angela; I of coarse arrived first mainly because I left straight after school but it could have also been from my fast driving. I was sitting in my car waiting for the girls just thinking about stuff; ok fine it wasn’t stuff it was more like a guy… not any guy though I was thinking about Jasper Hale. I know I shouldn’t be because I know Dad doesn’t like his family but there’s just something about him. I notice that Jessica’s car is parking next to mine; I step out of my car and join the girls. Bella and I help Jessica and Angela with their dresses, shoes, etc; Jessica was going on and on about me and Bella not going to the prom.

“I just don’t see why you don’t want to come” Jessica says while looking at shoes.

“It’s not that I don’t want to go it’s more like no one is going to ask me” I replied.

“What? That’s crazy Alex!” Jessica told me and she was actually looking at me like I was crazy. Once the girls brought everything that they would need I decided that it was time for me to go home; I said my goodbyes to Bella because she wanted to go to a book shop and walked towards the cars with Jess and Angela, once there I also said my goodbyes to them and hopped into my car. It roared to life and my music came blaring out which just made Jessica roll her eyes; I took off towards Forks stopping at a shop to buy some stuff that I needed for a project at school. I walked into the shop and started to collect everything that I needed. Suddenly two guys walked in and their attention went straight to me; they quickly brought whatever they needed and left, I was glad they did because they were starting to freak me out a bit. I paid for my stuff and started to walk out; as soon as I stepped out of the shop I saw that the two guys haven’t left, they were just leaning against their car. I put my head down and walked towards my car; I didn’t realize how far away I parked until that moment, so I picked up my pace and walked as quick as I could to my car. I placed the bag on the passenger’s seat; shutting the door I turned around but came face to face with the two guys.

“What’s a pretty lady like yourself doing all alone?” One asked me.

“Please leave me alone” I said trying to sound brave but I voice cracked slightly.

“We just want to have some fun” The other guy said taking a step closer to me; I would have moved back but I was already pressed up against my car.

“She said leave her alone” A cold hard velvety voice sounded from behind the guys making them turn around to glare at the mystery voice; as soon as they saw him they backed away walking back to their car. I slowly exhaled the breath that I didn’t know I was holding; I looked towards my savior and a knot formed in my throat, the butterflies were let out to fly around my stomach. My savior was the one guy who was always in my mind, the one who caught me mid fall just the other day; it was the gorgeous Jasper Hale.

“Are you alright Alexandra?” Jasper asked in his quite smooth voice.

“I’m fine” I breathed; wait how did he know my name.

“Someone as beautiful as yourself should be more careful” Jasper told me looking me straight in the eyes.

“How did you know my name?” I asked confused and a bit worried.

“Everyone knows your name” He replied; I blushed and looked down. Oh my… did he just say that I was beautiful?

“You need to eat something. Let me take you to the Carver Café; I want to make sure you don’t go into shock” Jasper said his voice heavy with his southern accent.

“Oh no that’s fine; you don’t need to do that” I told him; I didn’t want him to feel sorry for me.

“I want to” Jasper said walking closer to my car; I slowly walked around to the other side and got in.

“Alex! It’s great to see you again” Cora said standing beside the table that I was sitting at with Jasper.

“Hey Cora, yeah sorry it’s been so long but La Push is keeping me pretty busy” I smiled at her.

“What can I get you two?” She asked looking between Jasper and me.

“Umm can I have a diet coke and lasagna, thanks” I said.

“Sure and for you?” She turned her attention to Jasper.

“Nothing thank you ma’am” Jasper said his attention never leaving me.

“Alright but if you change your mind just let me know” Cora said walking away. Jasper and I talked for a few hours; it was really nice but I did notice a few strange things about him.

I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework when the phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Alex! It’s Bella” Bella replied.

“Hey Bells. What’s up?” I asked leaning against the wall. She told me everything that had happened after I left; getting lost, the group of guys, Edward saving her, going to dinner with him, driving home with him and him telling her that he was a vampire. I felt my face drain of blood when she told me the last part; I soon felt dizzy so I had to grab a chair before I fainted.

“Does that mean his family is the same?” I asked quietly hoping that her answer would be no.

“Yeah their all the same” She told me.

“Oh my God!” I breathed; I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, my mind went blank.

“What?” Bells asked and I quietly told her what had happened to me.

“Are you ok? And you have to promise you won’t tell anyone” She told me sternly.

“I promise and I’m fine. Look Bells I have to go” I said quickly and hung up. If Edward was truly a vampire then that means Jasper is too.

“I’m going to have an early night guys” I said walking into the lounge room where Dad and Jacob were watching TV.

“Alright baby, good night” Dad kissed my forehead and gave me a hug.

“Night hun” Jake also hugging me and kissing my forehead. I laid in my bed thinking about Jasper, his family and what Bella just told me; it all made sense now.

Jasper POV

I was just walking around Forks trying to clear my head; ever since I first saw Alexandra on her first day at Forks High School she has not left my mind. I find myself watching her all the time at school and that day that I caught her when she tripped; I loved the way her body felt in my arms. I know I shouldn’t be thinking like this with the treaty and her father’s dislike for my kind but I couldn’t help it; it’s strange for me, I have never felt like this towards anyone before let alone a human. The wind blew past me and I instantly smelt her sweet intoxicating scent; I changed directions and started to follow her scent. I saw her walking out of a shop holding a bag; I smiled she looked so beautiful. Then she started walking faster and I saw two guys following her; I felt the angrier and rage start to fill my body. She shut her car’s passenger door; she turned and came face to face with the two guys, I could feel their emotions; lust, I felt my jaw tighten. They started talking to her and I could hear it clearly; she told them to leave her alone but they didn’t, they only moved closer towards her. Her fear and panic became stronger so I decided to help out; I quietly walked up behind them.

“She said leave her alone” My voice was cold and hard; just the way I wanted it to be, I wanted to scare these guys. They turned glaring at me but soon fear took over their bodies when I gave them my own death glare; they walked away quickly. I saw Alexandra calm down instantly and I also felt a lot better; all my rage disappeared.

“Are you alright Alexandra?” I asked her; my normal voice returning.

“I’m fine” She breathed; I knew she wasn’t fine she was still shaken up.

“Someone as beautiful as yourself should be more careful” I told her honestly looking deep into her stunning hazel eyes.

“How did you know my name?” She asked me with confusion written all over her face and all thorough her voice.

“Everyone knows your name” I said; she started to blush so she looked down.

“You need to eat something. Let me take you to the Carver Café; I want to make sure you don’t go into shock” I told her seriously.

“Oh no that’s fine; you don’t need to do that” She told me; she wasn’t going to get out of this.

“I want to” I said walking closer to her car; she slowly walked around to the other side and got in.

“Alex! It’s great to see you again” The waitress Cora said standing beside the table that we were sitting at.

“Hey Cora, yeah sorry it’s been so long but La Push is keeping me pretty busy” Alex smiled at her; happiness filling her body and it seemed like she had forgotten everything that just happened.

“What can I get you two?” She asked looking between us.

“Umm can I have a diet coke and lasagna, thanks” Alex said in her soft voice.

“Sure and for you?” She turned her attention to me.

“Nothing thank you ma’am” I said my attention never leaving Alex.

“Alright but if you change your mind just let me know” She said walking away. Throughout dinner Alex and I just talked; it was great to get to know her a bit better but I felt like I needed to know more about her. I know I shouldn’t be feeling like this towards a breakable, fragile human but I can’t stay away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment =D