Sequel: Love Bites

Love Story

Chapter 8

I parked in a car spot and saw that Jasper was leaning against his sister’s car again this morning; he smiled when he saw my car. He walked over quickly opening my door for me with an umbrella over me; I smiled and thanked him.

“Good morning Alexandra, how are you?” Jasper asked in his velvet voice.

“Morning, I’m good thanks. What about you?” I asked him walking towards school.

“I’m very well, thank you. Aren’t you worried about you’re hearing, having that music so loud” He asked curiously.

“Ugh! You sound like my Dad. My hearing is perfectly fine” I said rolling my eyes.

“I was just making sure Alexandra” He replied.

“I know” I signed. Jasper soon started to ask me questions; it seems that since I asked about him yesterday it was his turn to ask me stuff, not that I minded but I wasn’t any where near as exciting as him. Jasper had an endless amount of questions for me; he would ask me some every chance he got, before class and after class, on the way to another class. He was always waiting for me after class and then he would walk me to my next class; but now it was lunch, I got my food and walked with Jasper to the table that we used yesterday with Bella and Edward, they weren’t there yet so Jasper started the questions as soon as I sat down. Soon Bella and Edward joined us and it seemed like Edward was going the same thing to Bella; the guys then took turns in asking questions so we could all listen to the answer.

“Why is your skin colour different to your families?” Jasper asked me nervously and I froze; I heard Bells gasp lightly and I felt her and Edward’s eyes on me, my heart and breathing became faster.

“That’s none of business!” I snapped standing up and quickly walking outside but not before I saw pain and hurt flash across Jasper’s stunning face. I slid down the wall in the hallway holding my head in my hands blinking back the tears; why did everyone want to know that my parent’s died and that I’m adopted? It still hurts to even think about what happened. Oh no… Edward don’t you dare tell him! If you do I swear I will hurt you! I felt Bella sit next to me pulling me into her arms.

“Alex he doesn’t know” Bella comforted me.

“I know but it still hurts” I sniffed looking at her and she nodded

Flashback

“Mommy!” A little 4 year old girl with pale skin, the darkest black hair, shining hazel eyes and a smile that could light up any room ran towards her mother; who looked like an older version of her daughter.

“Yes Lexi?” The woman said pulling her daughter up.

“Can we go see Bella and Jake and Rachel and Rebecca today?” The little girl asked her mother using her famous puppy dog eyes and pout that no one could say no to.

“Ok let’s go get Daddy” The woman said smiling; her daughter was only 4 and she already knew that she could get anyone she liked and wrap them around her little finger.

“Daddy!” The little girl squealed seeing a man with brown hair and dark brown eyes walking towards her.

“Yes Lex?” Her father said kissing his daughter’s cheek and his wife’s lips.

“Never leave me” The girl stated looking between her parents.

“We’re never going to leave you Lexi” Her father said running his fingers threw his daughter’s hair.

“Promise me” The girl said.

“We promise” Her mother said kissing her daughter’s forehead.

End Flashback


Jasper’s POV

I was waiting for Alexandra again this morning; Rosalie and Emmett warned me last night about being with Alexandra, I just listened and told them that they didn’t know my feelings towards her. You could always know when Alexandra was coming because you would always hear loud music; you would always hear her coming before you saw her. I smiled when I heard the familiar loud music and then I saw her brightly coloured car pulling into the school car park. I saw her driving one handed; moving her head and body slightly with the music. It was raining lightly so I walked over to her car with my umbrella and opened her door for her; she smiled that breathtaking smile of her’s, the smile that I loved. I wanted to get to know her better so I was asking her all types of questions; I walked her to her classes and waited for her so I could walk with her to lunch.

“Why is your skin colour different to your families?” I asked her, it was something I always wondered about since I first saw her but she froze; I heard Bella gasp lightly. “That’s none of business!” She snapped at me standing up and quickly walking outside with Bella behind her. I didn’t know why but when she left it hurt me; I didn’t mean to make her angry or upset, I hated watching her walk away from me.

“What’s she thinking?” I asked Edward; he opened his mouth but closed it quickly and smirked.

“Sorry but I can’t tell you; it’s something Alex needs to tell you. Besides if I did tell you then she would hurt me” Edward laughed light at the last part but it didn’t lighten my mood; I felt horrible now that I hurt Alexandra.

Alex POV

For the remainder of lunch Bella sat with me; I told her to go back but she being the amazing best friend she is stayed. We walked to class together and when it was over we both saw Jasper and Edward standing there waiting for us; Bella walked towards Edward but I looked at the ground and walked towards my next class, Jasper easily caught up with me and thankfully he didn’t say anything. When the final bell rang I walked into the hallway to see Jasper leaning against the wall causally looking even more gorgeous; if that’s even possible.

“Hey” I said quietly standing in front of him.

“Hello” He replied looking down at me and smiling.

“I’m sorry about before Alexandra. I should not have asked you that; if it was too personal I understand” Jasper said; my eyebrows pulled together.

“Don’t apologize. I’m the one who needs to apologize; it is personal and I don’t like talking about it. I’m sorry I snapped at you; you didn’t know” I said looking at the ground; I felt Jasper’s icy cold fingers gently pushing my chin up.

“I understand Alexandra” He smiled at me running his fingertips down my throat; a shiver ran down my spine causing Jasper to pull his fingers away.

“I’m sorry” Jasper said shyly and his body became stiff.

“It’s ok” I smiled and gently brushed my hand past his while walking towards the school doors.

“Are you coming Jasper?” I called over my shoulder when I noticed he wasn’t walking with me.

“Of course” Jasper said snapping out of his daze quickly gliding beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!