Status: Complete xo

A Dream is a Wish You Can't Make All on Your Own

Chapter 7

“Kevin, its your girlfriends!” Frankie yelled pointing to us after having spotted us.

“Frankie shut up.” Kevin said, before waving us over.

“Hey little man.” I smiled at Frankie.

“Kevin told me to shut up just ‘cause I said you’re his girlfriend.” Frankie laughed before running over to where Joe and Nick were sat.

“He’s so cute.” Claire commented, making me and Jordan nod in agreement.

“He can be, but he’s also annoying.” Kevin said, leading the way over to the others.

“Aw, leave him alone.” I said as I sat down on the sand, my bag next to me.

“Yeah, he’s only little.” Jordan added in as her and Claire sat down next to me.

“I know, im only little and they bully me.” Nick laughed.

“You’re hardly little Nick. Im little.” Claire said.

“Well, im not little up to you. Well im actually im the tallest here.” Nick laughed.

“Don’t rub it in your giant.” I smirked.

“Don’t be jealous of my amazing good looks and awesome height now Lauren.”

“Oh be quite.” I laughed as I stretched my legs in front of myself.

“So what were you on about at the restaurant?” Joe quizzed us, looking at Claire all the while.

“Oh so you were listening in were you?” I asked in shock horror.

“No, we just overheard you say about rehearsing or something.” Joe said, covering himself up.

“You will find out about that tomorrow. As for now, its our little secret.” I said, smiling at Claire and Jordan.

“Fine then, we have a secret too but you don’t get to find out till tomorrow either.” Joe sulked making us laugh.

“Children, stop arguing.” Frankie said, standing up so he was taller than us.

“You are too cute Frankie.” I laughed.

“Don’t be moving in on girls twice your age now Franks.” Nick said, pulling him down.

“Don’t be hating on me.” Frankie said, acting like a gangster.

“Fame is going to your head little man.” Joe laughed.

“Whatever.” Frankie said before grabbing a bucket and spade and beginning to dig a hole.

“Do you wanna hand Frankie?” I asked after a while, bored of the quietness.

“Sure.” Frankie smiled at me before handing me a spade.

I moved over next to sit next to him before starting to dig with him. After nearly an hour, we gave up, the hole now big enough for me to stand inside.

“Can we bury you Lauren?” Frankie asked me.

“Not a chance.” I laughed.

“Please?” He asked giving me puppy dog eyes.

“Nope, I am not being burried.” I said standing up and dusty my legs off.

“That’s mean.” Frankie pouted, following me over the others.

“No its not.”

“What’s not what?” Kevin asked as I sat down.

“Frankie wants to burry me but I said no she he said im mean.” I laughed.

Not long after, Claire, Jordan and I left to go back to the hotel so that we could start working on some of the songs, making sure we knew the words off by heart.

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, paparazzi trying their hardest to take pictures as we read and then re-read the words to the first song that we had ever written.

Before long, we had gotten tired of sitting out on the balcony, learning the words to the songs as we practiced. Grabbing all of our things, we went back into the hotel room just as Simon walked in, sitting us down at the table, he made us sign some forms that I had already signed saying we were willing to stay in the recording studios until late if needed before leaving us to do what we wanted for the evening.

We quickly decided on putting on our pyjamas, putting on a DVD and ordering a pizza from the local pizza place.

“What DVD?” I asked as I looked through the enormous pile that we had brought with us.

“Dirty Dancing.” Jordan yelled.

“No, My Sisters Keeper.” Claire said, batting Jordan’s hand away from the DVDs.

“Ill choose to stop you too arguing.” I laughed as I pulled out The Break up and put it into the DVD player.

Within ten minutes of putting in the DVD, the room door was knocked. I jumped up to get it, being greeted by a smiling delivery boy about mine, Claire’s and Jordan’s age. He was carrying 1 large pizza and a little box holding Claire’s plain burger that she had ordered.

“Hi, Lauren Friend?” The boy asked.

“Yeah that’s me.” I smiled, taking the pizzas off of him.

“That’s 15.20.” He said.

I grabbed my purse and took out the money, also giving him a tip. He thanked me before leaving. Closing the door, I grabbed the boxes, giving Claire her burger while Jordan and I tucked into the plain cheese pizza.

As we sat on the beds, our duvets wrapped around us while we ate and watched the film, I couldn’t help but wonder how the information that, in 6 months time, I would no longer be classed as a solo artist but the lead vocals in a band called Fantasy alongside my best friends.

Once the film had ended, our food had been finished, the cardboard boxes discarded onto the floor for the night as we curled under our duvets talking adamantly about our future careers together.

By 11 o’clock that night, we had fallen to sleep, each of us dreaming differently but all dreams focused around the one piece of information that is life changing for us, the fact that tomorrow morning, our band will be announced to the world.

E! News, 11am the next day
“First thing this morning, chief of Hollywood Record, Tim Lucas made an announcement regarding the English artist, Lauren Friend. Here’s the clip with all the information.” The reporter said.

“Yesterday Lauren came to see me regarding her career. While at the meeting Lauren told me of her ideas of forming a band with her best friends. The idea was taken on happily. Lauren and her friends will be releasing an album in 6 months time, as for now, Lauren’s career will be the same as the past year. She will be going to interviews and releasing 2 new music videos from her album, ‘With a little help’. Lauren is pleased that the idea has been taken on gratefully and her friends, Claire and Jordan, have been signed to the record label already. Their band has been named Fantasy which myself and my co workers think is an appropriate name for the girls considering their bubbly personalities and go getting life styles.” Mr Lucas spoke with confidence outside of Hollywood Records offices.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, im not sure how im going to make this so that Claire and Jordan get their wishes at the moment. If you've got any ideas how I could like skip a few years or something so that we're all old enough to get married and stuff, tell me :]
Anyway, what do you think?
Lauren x