Cynical Relations

Chapter Twenty-Two;

Madam Pomfrey made sure that no one else was allowed in to see Lacie until she was fully recovered due to the stress it was causing her. By the time Monday morning had come around she had made a slow recovery though and was almost back to her normal self again besides for the slight aching of her muscles.

“And all you are feeling is a slight ache in your muscles?” Madam Pomfrey checked, eyeing her patient suspiciously.

“Yes,” Lacey said with soft laugh, “Madam Pomfrey I’m fine! I just want to get outside now, I need some fresh air.” It had taken all morning but Madam Pomfrey was finally letting her patient leave after she’d quizzed how she was feeling and tested her for several symptoms.

“Okay, okay, get going then,” Lacie grinned and said thank you and goodbye before leaving. She immediately set off for the Slytherin homeroom, ready to go straight up to her dormitory. She needed to write a letter.

-

Sitting on her bed she dipped her quill into some ink before starting her letter.

‘Dear mum and dad,

I know Hogwarts will have informed you of what happened the night of the Yule Ball but there isn’t any need to worry, I’m fine now. Madam Pomfrey just gave me the all clear and I thought I should write to you straight away. Dumbledore came to see me yesterday as well and he said that the Ministry of Magic were dealing with Justin and that he could end up spending some time in Azkaban, it wouldn’t be long because he didn’t get very far but he said it’s still a very serious matter. I’m glad I’m not going to have to run into him again anyway.

You told me to write to you about the Yule Ball as well. It was simply magical if you excuse the irony in that. Seriously it was just so beautiful this year. I went with Draco Malfoy - I know dad won’t approve but he asked me and I said yes - he was actually a perfect gentleman all night as well. Thank you for the dress you sent me, it fit like a glove and looked amazing. Besides from the events following, I had a great time at the Yule Ball though.

I’ll write to you again soon.

Love from Lacie xxx’


Lacie waited for the ink to dry and then folded the letter and looked out of the window for a minute or two. She looked to the doorway as she heard footsteps and then Pansy appeared. Lacie stood from her bed and wanted to smirk at the way that Pansy was eyeing her carefully.

“I’m not going to hit you Pansy,” Lacie uttered as she grabbed her letter. “Thank you though for telling me about the bet.”

“It’s okay,” Pansy spoke carefully still waiting for Lacie to lash out at her seeing as that’s what she’d have done in her situation.

“Oh and thank you for also helping Justin attack me, that was fun wasn’t it,” She said in a cheerful manner and watched as Pansy’s face dropped.
“I - uh”

“Bye,” Lacie smiled sweetly and then left the dorm room. She really did want to just slap Pansy but knew that it would’ve got her nowhere at the end of the day. Walking through into the common room she saw Draco sat on the sofas alone. He looked up and met her eyes in surprise but neither of them said anything as she just carried on walking and then left for the Owlery.
♠ ♠ ♠
One very short chapter left. I'll post it on Thursday (my 18th :D). I don't want it to end sadly enough :') Any comments now that we're so so close to the end? :)