Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

10. R-E-V-E-N-G-E

********************
Sage’s POV

“Br…Bren…?”

I groaned and opened my eyes lightly. It took a couple of minutes before they completely opened. I was lying on a bed. It wasn’t a familiar bed either. I tried to sit up but it failed miserably. Where was I?

I looked over at the door of the room and it opened. Brendon walked in and smiled lightly. He closed the door and walked over to me. He collapsed next to me slowly. He kept an emotionless face and stroked my cheek lightly.

“How are you feeling?”

I croaked, “Sore.”

He smiled weakly and I felt his fingers run over my neck. I leaned closer to him, “What happened?”

“I tried to bite William but I got you in return. So I gave you some of my blood.”

My eyes went wide, “Am I?”

He shook his head, “No, you’re not, but…”

“But what?”

“It ended up with me branding you in return of saving you.”

I sat up slightly, “Branded?”

He sighed and looked for words, “It means that I claimed you. That you’re mine and the other vampires can’t bite you. The thing is you can’t be un-branded and…”

“And what?”

“It also means I’m your mate.”

The last of his sentence was under his breath. I realized what he said and my eyes went big. I looked at his chest and avoided his face. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

“I will kill him.”

When he said him, he was meaning William. In one sentence I could hear the anger. It was also filled with revenge. I shook my head. I was sure that this was what William wanted. Just to screw with the both of us. William wants to dig under Brendon’s skin and drive him into insanity.

“Brendon.”

His fingers had reached my bite marks and I hissed lightly. He looked at me with sympathetic eyes and leaned closer. He kissed my neck and brought his lips to my own. I kissed his lightly and he sighed.

“I’m serious on killing him.”

“I know, but am I worth it?”

“You’re worth more then anything! I would give the world to you if I could.”

I blushed and pulled me closer to him. He’s chin rested on my forehead and he sighed softly. I closed my eyes and relaxed. I heard the door open and I let an eye open. Pete was there. He was carrying a tray of food. He smiled slightly and brought it over. Brendon moved and I sat up.

The tray was placed in my lap and Pete spoke softly, “Patrick is going to get some antibiotics so that the wound doesn’t get infected. Ok?”

I nodded and smiled weakly. He returned it and left. Brendon climbed back on the bed and sat as I ate slowly. I felt weak and hungry. I was hoping the food would give me some kind of energy. I needed it and badly.

“Brendon?”

“Yes?”

I looked at him, “What is the next move?”

He shrugged, “I’m going to keep you safe…and kill William. I’m tired of being under his foot.”

I gave him a concerned look, “Bren…”

“I’ll be safe. I promise. I won’t do anything to hurt myself. Ok?”

I nodded and continued to finish eating.
******************************
♠ ♠ ♠
********************
Thanks for the comments guys! Hope you like the update.
Please comment and subscribe!
********************