Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

14. Peace

*****************
Sage’s POV

“I am a vision. I am justice. Never thought that I could love. Living in shadows. Fading existence. It was never good enough. Within the darkness. You are the light that shines the way. But you're trapped in violence. I can be the man who saves the day.”

My eyes fluttered open and I could hear Brendon singing.

“I'm there for you. No matter what. I'm there for you. Never giving up. I'm there for you. For You.”

I rolled over to face him. He smiled and continued, “Someone's changed me. Something's saved me. And this is who I am. Although I was blinded. My heart let me find out. That truth makes a better man. I didn't notice. That you were right in front of me. Our masks of silence. We'll put away so we can see.”

“I know that song!”

He started laughing, “Took you long enough.”

“Shut up Brendon.”

This was peace. It was a weird feeling. I felt safe. Being in Brendon’s arms made me safe. Knowing he was right there made me safe. Knowing that he was protecting me made me feel safe.

Though he was hiding something.

He was trying hard to hide it but it was there. I don’t know why he was upset.

Wait, I think I did.

We must still be in danger.

I looked around and saw we were in a weird room. A different new room, but old all the same.

Must be a new hide out.

How long?

How long could we stay?

Who was coming after us now?

Will this ever end?

I felt Brendon pull me to him and he wrapped his arms around me. He was holding me so tightly. My body heat radiating off of him and it back to me. I shivered slightly but not of the cold.

He wrapped the blanket around us. I was tightly bound to him and his hold. I didn’t mind. Not at all. I was back in this safe feeling.

“Can we stay like this forever?”

“Baby, I wish we could.”

Brendon had spoke so soft.

I didn’t know someone could speak so soft.

It was lower then a whisper.

I rested my head on his chest. Maybe we were in danger but right now I was safe and I was going to pretend that this was going to last forever. I closed my eyes and sighed.

Yes.

This was perfect.

Brendon,

You’re perfect.

I love you.

“I love you too babe. Now sleep. You need it.”

And my eyes closed and I felt myself fall back into dreamland.
*********************
♠ ♠ ♠
****************
Sorry for the wait guys! I just haven’t been up to writing. I don’t know why I just haven’t been interested…maybe because of the break up mess. I hoped you liked. Please comment and subscribe.
*****************