Status: Co-author around-ish and computer dead. Trying to reformat. Not going too well, lost everything. :(

Power Against Resistance

02. "Hello beautiful."

*******************
Brendon’s POV

I walked in and noticed William talking with Mike. Trash. I hated his guts to the greatest power in this world! He was always trying to reach my level in power. Never would work. William looked over to me and I knew he had heard my thoughts. I looked right back at him.

He would trust me not Mike. He knew me better then anyone. That’s why I was in this position. I had earned it. I didn’t try to buy my way into this spot. That’s what Mike seems to be forgetting.

Now why was I here? Oh yea. William wanted me to check on the girl. He knew that Mike had someone and had called me long before he (Mike) walked to our home. If he was to give someone to William it had to be inspected.

William’s soft voice distracted me, “Mike as considerate as this is. I must simple ask why you have done such a thing?”

He beamed and I wanted to gag, “I did it so you wouldn’t need to go out and hunt. You are the leader. It should just be brought to you.”

“So what? You saying William can’t hunt and he needs help?”

Mike turned to me and glared. He knew it just backed fire on himself. I smirk and I looked back at William. He pointed to his bedroom and I rolled my eyes and went. I could hear muffled voices and didn’t bother to try to decipher them.

She was lying on her back and pass out. I rolled my eyes. You can’t bite a girl and expect to give it to William! He likes the chase. Personal, so do I. I went over to her and sat next to her. He breathing was regular but her pulse was a little slow.

I sighed and looked at her neck. Sure enough I found where he bit her. I brought my palm up to my mouth and bit into it. I moved closer to her and placed my bleed palm about and inch above her bite marks. I squeezed my hand lightly till a couple of drops hit the wound. They started to heal

“Much better.”

I placed my hand in my lap and she stirred slightly. Not waking up but still in the dream world. It wouldn’t take much to wake her so I stayed as quiet as I could. I didn’t need her waking up and freaking out.

I ran the back of my hand across her cheek. It was slightly warmer then I expected but I’m dead and cold so anything is warm. I leaned closer to get a better look of her. She was beautiful. If I had a working heart it would stop at such beauty.

Her skin was so silky. It surprised me to be honest. Her hair lay flawlessly next to her. It was a blend of colors. The bronze entwined with the blonde to create even a different color. Her lips overly feminine were so tempting to kiss. I almost got lost in that temptation. I wish I could see her eyes. Pure pearls I assumed. If she was so beautiful I couldn’t expect less. I could sense that she was innocent. Pure. Not dirtied by the world.

I shook my head. We must not attach ourselves to humans. Oldest rule in the book. If we got attached it causes trouble among the others. It endangers the human. But I could not refuse what I felt. I had fallen for this girl.

“How is she?”

I turned so slightly and caught the sight of William, “He bit her. She is polluted.”

“I figured. Deal with her yourself, yes?”

“Yes sir.”

I picked her up and took her to my room as quickly as I could. I laid her down on my bed and sat next to her. My thoughts were screaming at me. I thought that the people in this house could hear them.

Deal with her myself? I can’t kill her! She is a beautiful creature! I can not do such a crime. It would be as if a human killed a rare animal. I can’t kill her. No one is going to make me either. Hell, no one is going to come near her.

She stirred and her eyes fluttered open. I quickly covered her mouth and she started to struggle. She was terrified. I didn’t blame her. She had no clue where she was or who I was.

I looked at the door, “Shhhh!”

She continued.

“Listen to me. I’m not going to hurt you. I’m helping you. I’m going to get you out of here.”

**************
Sage’s POV

I stopped struggling and he lifted his hand. For some weird reason I felt I could trust him. Maybe it was his auburn eyes that calmed me. I felt safe next to him. Like he wouldn’t let anything hurt me.

“I’m not going to let any one hurt you.”

I looked over him. He was in and old style suit. Very simple. White dress shirt. Tan pants with a blue suit jacket to add to the mix. His hair wasn't long but from what I could see was it matched the color of his eyes.

“Can you stop checking me out now?”

I smiled, “Sorry.”

He stood up, “Let’s go before they catch me.”

“Who is ‘they’?”

He looked at me seriously, “The other vampires.”

@#$&*%$#@!!!!! WHAT?! Didn’t expect that one. He may be cute but he is insane. He sensed my disbelief and shook his head.

“Yes, vampires are real. I am one.” He lifted his top lip to show me two fangs and spoke muffled, “See.”

I backed up on the bed, “You can get those done at the dentist.”

He tilted his head in confusion, “Can you really?”

I nodded, “This is some kind of sick joke!”

He shook his head, “It’s not. The guy that kidnapped you. His name is Mike. He’s been trying to gain a higher rank. He thought taking you to William would help.”

“And?”

“It’s back fired on him self and now I have you. Don’t panic. I’m getting you out of here.”

“Why should I trust you?”

“Because I’m your only way out if you want to stay alive.”
*****************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, written by me.
Hoped you like.
Comment and subscribe please!